Default Kobolds on strike again?

It has been a long time since I saw a bunch of kobolds gathered around a torch, jabbering and not moving. I heard it happened during last Crystal Cove but had not witnessed it personally. Yet last night I had this frustrating experience in Dragon Hoard level 11. After collecting about 40-45 crystals all kobolds gathered at the center, and would not move. All they needed was cigarettes, and it would be a perfect union break! I removed the torch line, put a new one, and it did not help. Bought two more kobolds from the Foreman, and those went on to collect crystals but it was too little too late. Challenge failed. Tried again, and it worked normally. Does anyone know how to put an end to this laziness when it happens?

As an aside: the day before I ran same challenge (level 10, I think), and killed Auraxyllon for the first time ever. It might have happened before with a party, but definitely first time soloing. The dragon was in northernmost trapezoidal chamber. Yesterday (on the second, successful run) he was not there. Does he always appear in one of three trapezoidal chambers?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    As an aside: the day before I ran same challenge (level 10, I think), and killed Auraxyllon for the first time ever. It might have happened before with a party, but definitely first time soloing. The dragon was in northernmost trapezoidal chamber. Yesterday (on the second, successful run) he was not there. Does he always appear in one of three trapezoidal chambers?
    Yes!
    It always appears in one of the large chamber but the position is casually determined run by run!
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688