Community Member

Default Upgrading Old Named Items without Augment Slots...

With the new changes to the augment slot system, I have a question regarding old items without augment slots.

Is it possible to upgrade my old item (i.e. Sky Pirate's Dagger) without an augment slot into its newer version that has the augment slot? I understand that this feature currently exists with epic items, but I haven't figured out if it is yet possible to do with regular named items, such as my Sky Pirate's Dagger.

guess the objective is to force players to rerun/buy old content

have in mind that old epics need farm,sigil and scroll, that's a huge difference between getting only 1 item
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it seems like at the moment only the epic stuff can be converted. I've been able to use the epic alter and the yellow dragonshards to update my epic stuff, but not any other named items.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Given that it's often harder to farm out some non-epic items than old-style epics (that sky pirate's dagger is as rare as hen's teeth), there should be a way put in place to upgrade the items. A mild and largely pain-free way. We already suffered enough to get these things. Making us suffer all over again isn't fair or fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Given that it's often harder to farm out some non-epic items than old-style epics (that sky pirate's dagger is as rare as hen's teeth), there should be a way put in place to upgrade the items. A mild and largely pain-free way. We already suffered enough to get these things. Making us suffer all over again isn't fair or fun.
    My thoughts exactly. I spent the time to farm for two of those daggers (must've ran through TBC at least 200 times over--good thing it's my favorite wilderness area) and I was lucky enough to get my second one yesterday. It was then that I realized that my first one doesn't have a red augment slot...

I suppose I could deal with not having an extra 1d2 elemental damage on the dagger. But free damage is certainly nice.

Community Member

I have 5 different characters with the Belt of Thoughful Rememberence from XP stoning(2 otto's boxes and 3 XP stones on different accounts) which now has a yellow augment slot. I use this item extensively both during TR and on my less spectacularly-geared dudes.

Personally, I'd really love to upgrade it to the version with the yellow slot, make it much more useful. I'm not about to go farm for them.