Thread: Moar AP please?

Default Moar AP please?

My initial thoughts are largely that 80 AP isn't enough... we have access to what? 3 trees? Great!

However, when I was playing around with Stalwart I ended up having spent 70 points in Stalwart alone, leaving little room for anything else... 70points in one tree without picking everything up?!? ... feels like a bad design for a mix-n-match system.

Given that we've got access to three trees? It feels like we should be able to do more than max out one tree -- for some of the trees there is so much good stuff, and yes I realize tough choices are intended... guess I just don't get the mix and match feel that this system is supposed to provide.

TL;DR, if we have 3 trees and 80 AP, each tree should be limited to a max number of points... meaning there shouldn't be more than say, 50 pts worth of stuff in each tree.
    Last edited by esheep; 04-11-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

Community Member

I think it might be a good time to look at past lives again and possibly do something like the following:

Additional 2 AP and 2 build points for 1st 3 TR lives. As well as auto-grant completionist.
    (i.e. max 86 AP and 36 build points at 3rd life)

Add spellpower (upto max 15 at x3 life) for caster classes. (i.e. +5 sonic for bard, wizard good enough as is, sorc/druid +5 spellcraft (can stack to +30 with both classes x3), cleric/fvs +5 positive/negative (may stack to +30 with both classes x3),arty +5 repair/rust. This assumption is that light spellpower is contained within the positive/negative enhancement. If not FVS could be changed to +5 light spellpower. Alternatively these could be additional modifiers to skills to reflect a similar change.

Additionally melee past lives could be enhanced some too.

Barbarian instead of +10hp could be something like +5hp/+10hp/+20hp at levels 1/10/20.
    Fighter 0/1/2 attack/tactical dcs at levels 1/10/20.
    Monk 0/1/2 damage at 1/10/20.
    Pally 0/5/10 healing amp at 1/10/20.
    Rogue 1/2/3 SA dmg at 1/10/20.
    Ranger 1/2/3 ranged dmg at 1/10/20.

Past lives are just becoming so meh anymore, these could really use some love and I understand a new epic tr system is on the way, but TR'ing is just not as fun as it use to be. Most of the fun was always checking out how much better you character was when dominating through heroic elite quests after a string of tr's. EE end game is where the challenge lies for a multi tr toon and still will if something similar were implemented and it would entice those to TR their end game toons to at least a x3 TR, which should be IMHO for an EE character. EE should be the ultimate challenge and for experienced players/invested toons and that seems not the case atm.

Epic levels should give out APs. 32 points (max level 28 soon) would go a long way to fix some of the issues.

IMO the 'Core' abilities (in the bottom row) should be auto-granted, to have some consistency with the way ED trees are set up.
    If that happens, they should move the stat increases up into the tiered stuff. I hope they will adjust some of the costs too, seems like everything costs 2ap.. Mybe a coding shortcut?

Ilmer
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 32pt Dwarf Barbarian12/Ranger6/Rogue2.
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt Halfling Bard20.
    Acrobot, 34pt Warforged Rogue20.
    The Adventure Pack(92), Cannith.

more AP would mean easy buttons into the game! this game has become easier over the years!

I think this way you got 3 trees but you get only some of the enhancs from each tree...... you want a full tree then you dont get much more from enhcs...... wiser may be 1 tree not full but deep!?

if a character has many AP then all the characters will look almost equal in enhancs and we will lose customization!

I think that's backwards. No need to redo the rank system, they just need to adjust the AP costs.

There are a number of items that people have pointed out seem overpriced (like the +5 HP for 2AP ones), and those core ones do feel like they should be free ("core" afterall)

With a bit of a tweak in the cost side it should be fine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddobard1 View Post
    more AP would mean easy buttons into the game! this game has become easier over the years!

I think this way you got 3 trees but you get only some of the enhancs from each tree...... you want a full tree then you dont get much more from enhcs...... wiser may be 1 tree not full but deep!?

if a character has many AP then all the characters will look almost equal in enhancs and we will lose customization!
    No...Now that I checked it out fully you couldn't be more wrong ddobard. 80 AP gets you nowhere close to the current enhancement system. The builds I looked at required about 100 AP to make equivalent to what I.

So if you check it out yourself or even read the forums, the new system will be a nerf for most.