Default The artie enhancements are pretty nerfy

no crit spell damage modifiers

only 4% crit chance modifier

no repeater damge line only non repeater(really what artie uses non repeater)

you have to play as a wf to get a .5 damage modifier...so thats another reason to cookie cutter artie builds

theres pet lines ..but really nothing thats going to increase his damage and surviveability at epic lvls,the only reason you would spend your ap points on the dog is because your choices suck so hard

the only spell damage path i see is a racial one for electric

sersly turbine are you trollin us?
    Last edited by 9Crows; 04-11-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Spell power lines need to be added to the new prestige line instead of Dog buffs. Dog buffs should be moved to Pet's enhancement line.

Artificer Blade Barriers, Tactical Detonation, and other spells are taking a serious hit with the new enhancement line.

The current Artificer Capstone needs to be added to one of the redone enhancement lines as well.
    Last edited by Vengeance777; 04-11-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

So this will make juggs even more popular.

so what you're saying is I'm not playing my artie anymore? 'cause I don't want to play a WF artie. All I want is MAAAH FLESSSSSSSHHHHHHHYYYYY.

Good thing I meant to TR anyways, maybe this will mean I will TR into a build that I want lesser twists for.

maybe a mechanic rogue.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

This is false information.

Repeater's get +1 damage on every other +hit/damage line for crossbows. This gives repeaters a total of +2 damage a volley on 3 bolt volleys. regular crossbows alternate +1 damage and +2 damage on each of the 4 crossbow/melee lines for a total of +6 damage a crossbow bolt. I didn't check the melee attack line other than the fact that its bastard sword/Dwarven Axe only. In addition the +enhancement bonus goes up to +3 now if you are a 20 arti, and arti's have access to either endless fusillade or haste boost for the melee players out there.

You also get +1 hit (whatever that means anymore) for each of rank spent in these.

As for Spell Crit, all characters with magical training have 5% base chance to spellcrit now. In addition the feats mental toughness, improved mental toughness, and epic mental toughness each give 1% spell crit now. Finally, spells now default crit at 2x damage instead of the old 1.5x base value. Additionally arti spell values are now nearly universal boosts and can exceed the damage that they really did before. I personally had 14 universal from arcanotech, +40 while tier5 charged runearm, +30 for my xbow counting as implement now, +43 from spellcraft 23 ranks +5 epic ranks. Could have been higher if i spent more in arcanotech but I liked a lot of the human options and decided to spend some points there instead.
    Last edited by orakio; 04-11-2013 at 06:11 PM.

the crossbow enhancements affect repeaters.

The current arti capstone being the capstone of the Arcanotecnician tree is bad. The tree is terrible.

Tying Scroll mastery to DC heightening is bad. My current playstyle I never use offensive wands, but use heal scrolls a lot... such a waste.

The Battle Engineer capstone is the same as the current level 6 prestige class.
    The Arcanotechnician capstone is the Current capstone. Such a shame that the great capstone will never be taken again, since the tree's so bad. You have to waste so many points in the tree to get the capstone effect which trumps the points you spent previously.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    the crossbow enhancements affect repeaters.

The current arti capstone being the capstone of the Arcanotecnician tree is bad. The tree is terrible.

Tying Scroll mastery to DC heightening is bad. My current playstyle I never use offensive wands, but use heal scrolls a lot... such a waste.

The Arcanotechnician capstone is the Current capstone. Such a shame that the great capstone will never be taken again, since the tree's so bad. You have to waste so many points in the tree to get the capstone effect which trumps the points you spent previously.
    I wouldnt say the arcanotech tree is bad, even if you ignore the pet line, you could still end up spending alot of pts in the tree. I was pretty much split (with 37pts in arcanotech, and 43 pts spent in battle engineer). the arcanotech capstone is indeed nice, but the battle engineer wins out by allow all weapons become implement granters, which makes it a win over a rarely used ability (atleast for me, never liked carrying backpack full of clickies, even if I could cast them at 25th lvl)

needing to increase the wand DC for wand and scroll does suck though,

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    I wouldnt say the arcanotech tree is bad, even if you ignore the pet line, you could still end up spending alot of pts in the tree. I was pretty much split (with 37pts in arcanotech, and 43 pts spent in battle engineer). the arcanotech capstone is indeed nice, but the battle engineer wins out by allow all weapons become implement granters, which makes it a win over a rarely used ability (atleast for me, never liked carrying backpack full of clickies, even if I could cast them at 25th lvl)

needing to increase the wand DC for wand and scroll does suck though,
    Just to mess around, I spent like 5 AP in the Human tree, took everything I wanted from Battle engineer, and just tried to take everything that wasn't dog related that might be interesting from AT...

The SLAs have max caster levels to them. Lightning Sphere is capped at caster level 10. Even with the free Maximize on it, it was doing 35 damage out in eGH wilderness. Yea, that's worth spending AP on...

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    So I have to be level 20 to get what I used to have at L6?

Well, TRing my arti WAS fun in the past

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    So I have to be level 20 to get what I used to have at L6?

Well, TRing my arti WAS fun in the past
    thats not technically true. the capstone (lvl20) makes your weapons gain a +3 enchantment bonus, plus it makes all weapons give implement to spell power (my slavers hand was giiving 27, so the +3 was also being counted), its not the same as the prestige. infact the battle engineer tree is close to be equal.

lvl6 prestige gave: 10 hit points, reduce arcane spell failure from armor by 10%, and have a +2 to both confirm critical hits and critical damage (before multipliers). Any weapon you wield in your main hand gains a +2 enhancement bonus (which stacks with the Enchant Weapon spell), endless fusulage.

lvl 6 from battle engineer core abilities on lam: +1 enchantment to weapons, +1 enchantment to armor, +5 ppr, -10% arcane spell failure, +1 to crit atk/dmg, +8universal spell power per runearm charge level to a max of 3 (so +24 universal spellpower when it is charged), endless fuselage can be gotten once you get 22 AP (its a t4 ability so lvl 6 still if you spend all your points in the battle engineer tree.

plus in replacement for endless fusulage, you can take hasteboost 30%, so it makes melee artificers more viable then they are on live. and still keeps the xbow arties pretty much where they are.

not sure about others, but my arty actually has more spellpower on lam then on live, not alot more but still enough to count. plus its mostly Universal, so no having to select only spells that I have a line of enhancements for. and no having to worry about which runearm I can use since the spellpower for elements are basically all equal. if it stays how it is (or atleast close to it) think I might actually use the glass cannon from cove alot more then I though I was going to.

Currently on live, it takes 11 AP to get Endless Fusillade, at level 6 with the prestige.

Under the new system, it takes a minimum of 24 AP to get it. Every single point you get through the end of level 6 needs to go into the Battle Engineer tree. Not racial, not another class. Every single point needs to go into getting Crossbow Training 1-4 at 2 AP a piece. 8 points for direct prerequisites is more than the prestige needs on Live, which does more!

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

I really disagree that arcanotechnician is bad. It may not be someones cup of tea but it is not inherently bad. If your playstyle is more caster/ranged combat this is a good line. If you take empower, heighten, and maximize, and all three tiers of each sla you can cycle them and do some decent damage. In testing I was criting with blast rod in the 800's, 200's for lighting spere. With the dog enhancements his survivablity is fairly decent outside of EE...but most people will never see EE and so I don't think an enhancment system should be built for that.

Not to mention the two adamixtures are essentially free healing...literally. One gives you more spell points then it cost to cast, with enough left over to cast the cure one which agian with maxmize and empower was hitting for over 100 hit points healed...not cleric level good of course but not bad for a class that isn't even considered any kind of healer. Your not going to be the healer for a group with this but you will save a few party wipes with it.

I think eveyone has overlooked the beneifts of the core abilites with this. A bonus 20 hit ponts and 10 sp...not a lot but may be enough to save the cleric or allow the wiz/sorcer/cleric/FvS to get off a needed party saving spell.