Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demonweb

Default Demonweb

Worst explorer area of all time?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrincipal View Post
    I don't mind it unless I am actually trying to get to the quests.

Better than restless isles in my opinion.

Community Member

I quite like it. King's Forest is my favourite, but Demonweb isn't even close to the bottom of the list for me.

I love it. It has so much xp and is a real explorer zone that forces you to actually interact with it differently every time.

In other words, it makes you behave like some sort of... ... explorer.

Community Member

It's quite fun when you just want to run around and explore/slay and pick up messages - and IMO the voice acting and scripts were excellent here, the same as kings and schind, well worth it to hit them when you see them.

It's absolutely frustrating and not fun when you want to get to a quest. They should have enabled all web bridges once you found every Lolth message, best of both worlds then.

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    It's quite fun when you just want to run around and explore/slay and pick up messages - and IMO the voice acting and scripts were excellent here, the same as kings and schind, well worth it to hit them when you see them.

It's absolutely frustrating and not fun when you want to get to a quest. They should have enabled all web bridges once you found every Lolth message, best of both worlds then.
    Exactly this.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Same here. As explorer area it is pretty good -- not the best, but above average. I actually like it better than King's Forest. For the purpose of getting to quests, it sucks.

Mind you, for the purpose of getting to quests, King's Forest sucks too. Well, Impossible Demands is reasonably close, but I hate the run to the others.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I don't mind it unless I am actually trying to get to the quests.

Better than restless isles in my opinion.
    lol... yeah...... that's how I feel too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Can't take credit for this as someone in a pug a while ago told me but to get to either Deal and the Demon or Trial by Fury easily :

At the very first island if there is a web running right (South) then you just take that route South to the main land mass. Then its just a straight run East to either of them. If there isn't a web running South at the first island then just go out, reset and go back. Repeat until the path is there.

To get to Reclaiming the Rift I just keep jumping off and usually get ported to the correct island after a few jumps.

you just need to do s/r/e once in that area to figure how it is(in fact you can follow the disks in order to reach the quests if you want)

did it once, got like...200k? lol, was awesome, and wasn't the worst xp/min i've seen, in fact much better than tons of quests(explorers give you over 90k iirc) just following the webs using the discs as "where to go" just following the order

it's a PITA to reach the quests? if you have kinda urge to do it...it's far faster than sands as example(to hit cof,adq1 or oob)

btw, the map works in there and you can skip the mobs if you want in there, it's not like you can do the same in restless

in fact you need to spend more time to reach quests in king forest than in demonweb
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Just ran it this weekend to get the messages, and the messages + the stuff killed to get to the messages + rares found while getting the messages was 282,110 xp. Not an xp bonus weekend, either.

For that, I'll take a little inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    Just ran it this weekend to get the messages, and the messages + the stuff killed to get to the messages + rares found while getting the messages was 282,110 xp. Not an xp bonus weekend, either.

For that, I'll take a little inconvenience.
    yay!ty for confirming the numbers! my memory sucks and has been a while since i did it lol

the best point is that you prolly won't get lost again to reach the quests(and jumping down the edge all the time is all but efficient, walking you get more xp and i reach the quest faster than others, mainly because i know where i am XD)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Oh no the voice acting in Motu is what made me turn off the DM voice. Terrible, just terrible, the way Elminster keeps saying "yee" instead of you. Then he gets mixed up and says "you" in a couple of his speeches. It reminds me of some second rate renaissance fair actor. I can't stand that Elminster voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkston View Post
    Oh no the voice acting in Motu is what made me turn off the DM voice. Terrible, just terrible, the way Elminster keeps saying "yee" instead of you. Then he gets mixed up and says "you" in a couple of his speeches. It reminds me of some second rate renaissance fair actor. I can't stand that Elminster voice.
    Agree about Elminster, but am oddly fond of the voice of Lolth in Demonweb.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Gotta disagree with the OP. The Demonweb is a very in-depth and layered explorer area. Folks might complain about getting to the quests, but that is part of the design. Running one of those quests = Explorer run + Quest completion... and it still is shorter than the vast majority of the mid-level content. It is quicker to run them in succession than one at a time.

And the XP is so good out there it is hard to call is a time waste.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

To me that is the Twilight Forge pack adventure area. I have zero issues with demon web. My second least favorite region is Underdark (not Sschindig)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkston View Post
    Read the novels. Not much differences in what we have in game, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    To me that is the Twilight Forge pack adventure area. I have zero issues with demon web. My second least favorite region is Underdark (not Sschindig)
    Agreed. Restless Isles followed very closely by the Underdark.

Underdark has a very "unfinished" feel to it, Poor pathing and very little to actually do.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

best of both worlds then.
    I see what you did there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

2014 DDO Players Council

Demonweb
    Nah, just about average.

At least it's not buggy as all-get-out like King's Forest is or GH now is.

Considering DDO was originally billed as spend time playing the quest not getting to the quest the demonweb is terribly designed. I will not pug any of the quests in there because getting puggers to the quest entrance is like herding cats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast