Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Default rapiers & weapon finesse & dex damage

Any word on this?

I had seen a post that was talking about any weapon that finesse applies to working, but I can't find it again.

Has anyone been able to test rapiers w/finesse to see if you get dex for damage?

thanks.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    If you haven't played a monkcher before, then you're underestimating the movement speed bonus of 12 Monk. You're typically in mountain stance, and the +10% movement speed bonus (net) is amazing when kiting.
    Even just splashing 6 levels of monk to achieve 10k stars is a huge benefit when kiting high HP/dps mobs (bravery streak Mired in Kobolds and kiting 'momma' or any dragon for that matter as an example).

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    With your split how do you plan on self-healing? With the lack of Ranger devotion enhancements, Rejuv Cocoon is pretty weak unless you're maxing out Positive Spellpower with Empower Heal Spell, Halcyon Boots, and max Heal skill. The only bonuses Arcane Archer gets in that regard is treating your bow as an implement.
    Check the Lam release notes, they got a crazy amount of spell power throw in there. If it all stacks we are looking at (via enhancements) +95 when we throw a healing spell up (the worst 'best' case is +65 net bonus).

I'm debating copying my TR over or just making a quick ranger to test these out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    All classes can take multiple PREs from their class. Any Ranger (regardless of race) can be an Arcane Archer and a Tempest at the same time.

Though you cannot take all Arcane Archer enhancements and all Tempest enhancements at the same time.
    I wish that was true. I copied over my 2 fighter 18 human ranger and I only have the choice of the fighter PREs and Arcane Archer. No tempest and no deepwood. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I wish that was true. I copied over my 2 fighter 18 human ranger and I only have the choice of the fighter PREs and Arcane Archer. No tempest and no deepwood. Very disappointing.
    Submit a bug report. With 2 ranger levels I can see the Tempest and Deepwood trees, oddly not the Ranger Arcane Archer, but I'm half elf this life. I'll create a non-elf/helf character and see if this is across the board or just a bug for the races that have access to Elven Arcane Archer (which shows up normally after spending in the racial tree).

Interestingly I can see all 3 monk trees, but not all the Paladin trees on him now that I think on it, but I need to triple check they don't still have feat requirements (which I didn't meet on live anyhow).

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post

Community Member

Default sprint boost

looks like sprint boost when taken is still greyed out after doing my enhancments on lam.

I'm working with the new clickies for slayer and other imbue but just like in alpha preview slayer arrow seems very underwhelming.

2016 DDO Players Council ecgric's Avatar

Found a bug in the Tempest tree. I see that currently the Whirling Blades enhancement is adding +1 to strength every time it's taken. I haven't checked to see if the "+1 to hit and damage when dual wielding" is happening. I would have filed this as a bug report, but that tool doesn't seem to be working right now.

Community Member

Default List of stuff

Used the +20 heart and redid enhancements:

Please correct me if wrong just keeping reference will change when I find it in the new tree.

Looks like I'm down 20 SP and 25 HPS from live gained 1 AC and 1 to-hit
    ( looks like primal avatar had to be re-activated even tho it said active got most of sp and hp back, have changed to reflect)

slayer arrow: fighting monsters in the high road slayer area, really disappointing to hit that and see a miss.
    This was discussed in the alpha 90% of the replies where negative about slayer arrow being changed. When the forum change i see that my comments and everyone else's are now gone. Only this thread is still around. Yes i am able to click slayer arrow then many shot when i'm far off on a single target so that means i do on my first hit IF its a hit 1000 points of damage without any other modifiers. One trash mob is dead, now if there is a group of trash mobs no more slayer procs before manyshot runs out. This is a huge nerf I don't see this any other way. I am not talking about the comments of strength build / fury shot / boss kills yes I can see that it might be better dps but I still don't see how when I can get as many as 4-6 slayer procs on the old slayer in manyshot adding up to 2000-3000 damage.

Heal skill: maxed it out when I LR'ed have a 37 for a total of 127 with gear on lam on live I have a 146 same gear looks like the devotion line missing is another nerf. Will look around and see if there is a way to replace that not sure.
    (Edit: found the positive spell boost, thanks Overlord, looks like now i can get 172 with gear not sure if its worth the 7 ap now)

Skill points: Rangers get a good amount of skill points. Maxed heal but that meant I shorted hide/haggle and some others not a good change.

All of these points where put in the alpha forums before they where wiped if you are not going to listen to the players why even go thru the hassle of this? just put all of this live a get it over with.
    Last edited by frosty0647; 07-15-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frosty0647 View Post
    Heal skill: maxed it out when I LR'ed have a 37 for a total of 127 with gear on lam on live I have a 146 same gear looks like the devotion line missing is another nerf. Will look around and see if there is a way to replace that not sure.

Skill points: Rangers get a good amount of skill points. Maxed heal but that meant I shorted hide/haggle and some others not a good change.

All of these points where put in the alpha forums before they where wiped if you are not going to listen to the players why even go thru the hassle of this? just put all of this live a get it over with.
    They put Positive spell power in Deepwood under the two tier 1 empathy enhancements. When I took all 5 ranks from both I ended up with a +3 to my Positive spell power without any other changes. On Live I have all four Devotion ranks taken.

Default Tempest I,proved Dodge linking arrows suggestion

Please remove the arrow link between Improved Reaction and Improved Dodge.

Reasoning is that Kensei can take three ranks in Improved Dodge for 6 APs, but Tempest have to spend 12 APs for the same thing.

Oops, That is supposed to be Improved Dodge not I,proved Dodge in the title. Title text is a little difficult to read on my screen when posting
    Last edited by OverlordOfRats; 07-14-2013 at 10:00 AM.

In the tempest tree I chose Sprint Boost. It showed up just fine in the Enhancements page and was hot-barable. But trying to use it, it said I needed Sprint Boost as a prerequisite and was unusable.
    Always haggle venders - Anicheap Copperpincher
    Anigiant the Halfling
    Most dangerous enemy tactic ... Lag Death
    Beyond Good and Evil - Sarlona

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I did a little PvP with the new AA and got absolutely destroyed by a wizard archmage, a barbarian and then a tank fighter. I could get maybe 2-3 shots off before dying miserably, and take off maybe 5% of their health.

Slayer arrows are basically useless, and if I run out of SP, I have even fewer options to work with now that every special arrow costs SP. Echoes of Power doesn't seem to be working for me, and wouldn't replenish enough to activate a slayer arrow.

Too many clickies now. What with gear, spells and weapon sets, I have 8 hotbars which is way too many in my opinion. I can barely fit arrow clickies and a heal spell in my main hotbar. I play in mouselook because I can't handle moving without it.

I like the increase in attack speed and a slight damage increase, but it's still way too little to compare with casters and other melee classes. I was hoping dex damage modifier would be more helpful. I feel like special arrows could use a damage boost, especially slayer. 500 dam, even with a crit modifier, would still be a drop in the bucket at epic levels. I feel like it's unfair that a warforged sorcerer could solo a quest on EE.

Without proper sneaking abilities, Deepwood Sniper is still useless.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

Why do we need smiting and banishing arrows if we can have a smiting or banishing bow? I can get the same effect without more SP drain, and have every arrow produce a smiting/banishing effect without a cooldown. Is this an imbue? Does it stack with a banishing/smiting bow?

I like the idea of metalline arrows and such, but it seems weird to choose between metalline and aligned, since most times need both. I feel like it was much easier to imbue all purpose slaying arrows at the beginning of the quest and not worry about it until you died or rested.

Also, considering it's near impossible to hit a teleporting wraith with ranged weapons, ghost touch bypass is something I never used. I just equip some spectral bracers and a disruption melee set and start hoping for 20s.

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to click and switch all these new arrow options in the middle of a fight, then hunt around for weapon sets and heals that are now displaced onto secondary hotbars.

I like the idea of shattermantle arrows, but how does that help unless you're setting a drow up for a wizard or cleric to kill? I feel like it's pointless aside from the 3(W) bonus, and not worth assigning to my primary hotbar just for that.

My current AA is a halfling rogue1/ranger19. Probably not the best build in the world, but I got along ok, and hardly had a problem trapping. My trap skills took a small hit, and my damage output seems to be slightly less with the new tree. My dodge is maxed at 14% now, which is higher than it was, and my healing spellpower is a bit higher. I feel like I need to relearn how to build this guy, but I don't feel like the new enhancement trees are multiclass friendly. I can't access any rogue trees at all (I know I can scroll through trees).

If the idea is to discourage multiclassing, then classes need to be balanced much better. Rangers don't have nearly enough ways to win with the current system.
    Last edited by MangLord; 07-15-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Any word on this?

I had seen a post that was talking about any weapon that finesse applies to working, but I can't find it again.

Has anyone been able to test rapiers w/finesse to see if you get dex for damage?

thanks.
    Works fine. You need it out of deepwood stalker/sniper line. Works with bows, rapiers, etc etc etc. If you can finesse it, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    Works fine. You need it out of deepwood stalker/sniper line. Works with bows, rapiers, etc etc etc. If you can finesse it, it works.
    Improved Weapon Finesse works with bows? If that's true it's probably a bug, since the description specifically says melee weapons that use dex to hit (i.e. weapons that Weapon Finesse applies to). Weapon finesse doesn't apply to ranged weapons since those implicitly use dex to hit.

Default Three bugs

Tempest Dance of Death - Still not able to take rank two do to it requiring Whirling Blades(Rank 2)

Tempest Haste Boost - Cost two APs per rank while Kensie Haste Boost only cost 1 AP per rank.

Tempest Improved Dodge - Linked by Arrow to Improved Reaction a tier one enhancement while Kensie Improved Dodge is not linked to any tier one enhancements.

I know these have been mentioned before, but they are still there.

Since I haven't really seen it commented on much in this thread, I'd just like to say to the devs:

Thank you for addressing our concerns about healing spell power and including a signficant boost via the empathy enhancements in Deepwood Stalker. Those enhancements needed a big boost anyways, and it's a sensible one given their connection to casting Vigor effects.

Seriously, if you haven't checked it out already, take a look at the changes - it's now very easy to get the same Devotion spell power in the new system as you can currently on live.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

Thie AA tree (only I have personally tested) has some good things (secondary imbue stances), but overall is a terrible change.

The tree is entirely too expensive. Good thing about ranger is being able to melee and range and if you go AA, you will have little points to spend elsewhere. I also found that slaying arrows burn up SP too quickly. AAs might die with the EP IMHO.

Love some of the changes, not as happy with others:

--Too many clickies on the bar now, costing too much mana.
    --SLayer arrow costs too much mana.
    --Have to give up too much to be viable ranged and melee both, yet still can not compete with arcanes even if full points into ranged trees.

++ % chance for extra arrow (although it could be a little higher % chance in my opinion)
    ++ Secondary imbues.

Couple of notes:

1) Smite and Banishing arrow toggles need to do Smite and Banishing bonus damage, or they simply are not worth having on. People will simply pick up smite and banishing weapons and use the other toggles, making both of those skills useless and unused on the tree.

2) As I stated above, increase % chance for secondary arrow a little. Its a great idea, but just a little low still, even at max chance. An increase would help make them a bit more viable.

3) (In ED, leave projectile stances at 7% for spells, and raise it to 12% for arrows and thrown weapons. It is supposed to be the Ranger tree after all, yet arcanes use it more than they ever will in its current form).

4) Can get Force damage, with burst on crit, and ghost touch, in the middle of the tree... but want more than a base 1d6 fire damage? Have to spend 40 pts and get every arrow damage type. Change this to 2 levels in each un linked elemental type (1 pt gets fire, 1 pt gets burst + bonus). People will mostly take every one of them anyway, but this gives them the option if they want it.

Just a couple of ideas, based on my limited play so far on Lam.

~Dyvout

Quote Originally Posted by ape_man View Post
    that's like finding a bright-side for amputation being you don't have to spend as much on shoes.
    lmao !!!!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast