Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

but do like the new para,banish, smit, morp, metalline.....

can see it be para or banish or smit - but metalline and morp should augment not exclude.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    and slaying is not an imbue any longer? is an attack? with a cooldown? nerf.
    And a 20SP cost per use. The 250 damage being base damage and thus multiplied by crits is cute, but the cost is notable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    And a 20SP cost per use. The 250 damage being base damage and thus multiplied by crits is cute, but the cost is notable.
    I'm certainly not going to complain about the sp cost if it works with adrenaline.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    That's like finding a bright-side for amputation being you don't have to spend as much on shoes.
    And socks
    And soap
    And athletes foot cream
    And dr shoals inserts
    And toe rings
    And ankle bracelets
    And Epsom salts

-----
    Word is the fighter kensai tree didn't have a haste boost either.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

gives use to the temp sp (IIRC that is that tree)

also will be interesting to see if arty AA's are now possible.... will roll one up later to see.

Community Member

so it is only a +1 stack of returning arrows? never grows to +5 or even +6 to keep up with arty????
    Instead, you're bow gets the bonus, +1 per core ability of arcane archer.

Keep in mind +5 arrows are useless using a +6 bow.

Oh, and iirc, the bonus from the core abilities replaces the bow's, not stacks

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    Instead, you're bow gets the bonus, +1 per core ability of arcane archer.

Keep in mind +5 arrows are useless using a +6 bow.

Oh, and iirc, the bonus from the core abilities replaces the bow's, not stacks
    that works. just shifts the paradigm a bit.

so now using crafted arrows is quite possible - or house d arrows (adamantine etc) and in fact quite useful....

one thing they seem to have missed - imbue ghostly... somehow. but easily put in with ring of stalker - ethereal bracers - etc.

ok - so upon further reading - and working through knee-jerking - amorphic/metalline are 2ndary imbues - so possible to have primary imbue (terror/smiting/banish) and 2ndary? if so - nice.

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

one thing they seem to have missed - imbue ghostly... somehow. but easily put in with ring of stalker - ethereal bracers - etc.

Uneeded. Force hits incorporeal creatures and always has.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

I am really impressed by how ambitious the ranger tree is. Deepwood Stalker could be a lot of fun for certain playstles soloists,etc. I kind of want to make a Halfling Ranger almost or something like that. The Horizon shot for ranger level 20 where you are always in sneak attack range and point blank range is really intriguing. These capstones might almost be too powerful (25% off hand alacricty with tempest) and discourage multi-classes, but not sure how this all works so will see. Going to be real tough for people to analyze these changes until they get in game and there are alot of clickies and other abilities so I figure there will be tons of bugs.. Like where you folks are going with this overall though developers.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I wonder if it can be combined with Head Shot from the Stalker tree, where the hit is automatically a crit threat, regardless of die roll. Probably not.

But there is the Moon Bow ability which gives +20 temporary spellpoints every 30 seconds. So you can keep up a good rate of fire of slaying arrows even after you exhaust your initial SP pool.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Fury shot? Hit adrenaline and pop a slayer? Yum yum.

Dance of death, tempest final tier, cant be maxed it sticks at 1/3 cuz of prereq not being met, this since the prereq has only 1/1 tier

It's alright for me, except for the fact that if I want to still be a decent AA and have Human Enhancements for Heal Amp, I will lose Favored Damage... How is that good? I don't want to end up with less Enhancement than before.

Edit: definitely, Improved Recovery III has too high a requirement: 20 AP spent in tree; if I want it 20+2 go into human tree; 40+2 for slaying arrow (which is... meh? or maybe not? we'll see); this leaves us with 16 AP to spend elsewhere, basically on low tier stuff or core enhancements on other trees (which have high spent-AP-cost requirements) - ok, stuff from the Deepwood Sniper is fine, but if I spen APs there, I won't be able to have spent enough on the human tree to get the third Improved Recovery; I certainly won't get my extra stat points as well, and where are the racial Toughnesses?
    Last edited by Svartelric; 04-11-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

But there is the Moon Bow ability which gives +20 temporary spellpoints every 30 seconds. So you can keep up a good rate of fire of slaying arrows even after you exhaust your initial SP pool.
    It's 10 Spell Points every 30 seconds not 20. *Edit: The Temp SP only lasts for 10 seconds*

I tested it out and I was finding that I was using far more SP than I was getting as Temp SP, even with the Enhancement that gives 1 SP on crits and can stack up to 10. My Ranger AA is an abberation, she has 1023 SP when in Shiradi, most don't have anywhere near that much SP and I was running out after about 10 minutes of running around the Demonweb.

I asked about it on Lamm and the Dev response was something along the lines of they expect AA's to use the temp SP on Imbues. But the problem with that is Bow Firing Animation Time. You can only fire so many arrows in 10 seconds and that makes using those temp SP problematic at best.

Either way you're going to be burning away at your Spell Point pool quite rapidly if you want to use any of the abilities.
    Last edited by Archangel666; 04-11-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel666 View Post
    Either way you're going to be burning away at your Spell Point pool quite rapidly if you want to use any of the abilities.
    At least they'll be put to good use. But I agree, the cost seems a bit high. I think it can come down a bit. Not by much, maybe 20%ish. This will bring the SP consumption down enough to still make conservation a concern, but give enough room to be fun at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    then I tryed it out I diddent seem to be having a big problem, taking the tier 1 Energy of the Wild that gives you sp altso gives the magic traning then you get it to 3/3, so you can take the tier 3 Soul Magic, it gives 1 temporary sp per hit max 10 and last 1 min.

i think it bugt right now as thay dossent go away then you use spells and the AA shots, and it dossent stop at 10 sp eather, just as long as you can shot at somthing without stopping.
    my ranger got over 8k sp before som lag made me start over at his normal max sp of 1k

Community Member

Why the change to only two ability point enhancements? Can you combine these with other prestige trees now? I like the changes, just wish I had more enhancement points to pick up more of them.

Would anyone be kind enough to post the enhancements list for those of us without the Lama client, please?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast