Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hajutze View Post
    It might be my biased opinion but 10k stars is useless for an archer if you have manyshot BECAUSE THEY SHARE A COOLDOWN.
    That's unfortunate ....

Re roll on that toon probably

I built an arcane archer from the ground up just to see what the enhancement tree was like.

I have to say that Turbine seemed to have done a lot of work to make arcane archers viable and the current tree turns all of that work into waste. Monkcher now seems to be wholly destroyed and there is no trade off in pure class ranger or elf/half-elf arcane archer to compensate.

The change to slayer arrows was the biggest frustration. The slayer arrow proc was needed to give arcane archers something competitive with melee characters for DPS. Changing it from an imbue to a toggle (and one with a relatively long cool down) isn't a good change.

I agree with those who have posted about some of the imbue types. So many of them are available on bows that it scarcely makes sense to include them as arrow imbues. As long as effects proc only on vorpal most of the imbues are pointless.

I expect there to be a lot of upset players when the tree goes live and characters are ruined.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I was playing with a pale master wizard buddy earlier, and it's still the same song and dance. I can hit an enemy long enough for his death spells to cool down and then he instantly destroys it. I feel like I'm a sidekick. Our final kill count was something like my 20 to his 60. He can kill everything, summon an army and self heal. How is that balance?

As a melee and warrior enthusiast, it's disheartening to be relegated to a meat shield for overpowered casters. When will this change?

I have no desire to play a caster, or min/max the hell out of the game, but clearly that's the thing to do if you want quest completion on epic elite. I feel like every class should have equal footing. Easier said than done, I know, but increasing melee damage would go a long way and is far from unbalancing. Maybe adding .5(W) damage every 5 levels? I don't feel like 4(W) would be outrageous for even the first eveningstar chain. The casters are death machines by then, so why can't we get a little shine? Legolas was a badass.

I really do hate criticizing something I don't know anything about, and I feel for the impossibility of trying to DM 500,000 people, but there is a clear balance issue favoring casters. I understand that people put in the work to get 3 lives of FvS and Sorcerer, but +1 to spell DC is worth a hell of a lot more than +1 to ranged damage and 2 elemental resist.

Community Member

Do the Tempest enhancements still cost twice as much as they do in other trees?

When I last check haste boost, dodge, etc . . . all cost twice as many APs in the tempest tree as they did in any other tree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MangLord View Post
    I was playing with a pale master wizard buddy earlier, and it's still the same song and dance. I can hit an enemy long enough for his death spells to cool down and then he instantly destroys it. I feel like I'm a sidekick. Our final kill count was something like my 20 to his 60. He can kill everything, summon an army and self heal. How is that balance?

As a melee and warrior enthusiast, it's disheartening to be relegated to a meat shield for overpowered casters. When will this change?

I have no desire to play a caster, or min/max the hell out of the game, but clearly that's the thing to do if you want quest completion on epic elite. I feel like every class should have equal footing. Easier said than done, I know, but increasing melee damage would go a long way and is far from unbalancing. Maybe adding .5(W) damage every 5 levels? I don't feel like 4(W) would be outrageous for even the first eveningstar chain. The casters are death machines by then, so why can't we get a little shine? Legolas was a badass.

I really do hate criticizing something I don't know anything about, and I feel for the impossibility of trying to DM 500,000 people, but there is a clear balance issue favoring casters. I understand that people put in the work to get 3 lives of FvS and Sorcerer, but +1 to spell DC is worth a hell of a lot more than +1 to ranged damage and 2 elemental resist.
    Play epic elite, the rolls reverse.

Exclamation Ranger Sprint Boost

I've tried multiple builds and options, but I can't seem to get Sprint Boost to work (I, II or III). You can drag it from your Enhancement pane in your character sheet, but once it's on your hotbar, it's greyed out.

Default Full Dex Off Hand Damage WAI

Enhancements such as Improved Weapon Finesse and Graceful Death let Rangers use Dexterity for damage they are also giving rangers full Dex mod to damage of the off hand attack. Is this WAI?

When the Enhancement pass was first proposed it was mentioned that Rangers would be getting full Strength mod to off hand attacks is this how this is being done? (I'm fine with it being a Dex only thing I just want to know if its a bug or WAI)

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Ranger Enhancements are available on Lamannia this weekend.

Please share your thoughts on the Ranger Enhancement Trees!
    I have to agree after some testing. the Tier 5 attacks are way too long on the cooldown. 1 min is too long for dance of death as it's once per fight for basically a cleave. It should be 15 - 30 sec max. The same with 1000 cuts for 6 seconds of doublestrike where you may hit an extra 3 or 5 times?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Default Arcane Archer quick thoughts

Running around Gianthold spamming slayer/inferno/dispelling/shattermantle arrows can eat up the mana good. It seems the Arcane is finally in Arcane Archer. It would be cool if Child of Nature or either of the spells (Spiked Growth or Snare) actually had any effect on mobs at higher level.

I'd like to a see a charcters total Doubleshot chance displayed near the BAB on character sheet, where weapon speeds and double stike is displayed.

It would be nice to see "doubleshot success!!" displayed in combat log when you do doubleshot.
    Sarlona
    Gutter-Oowaoonah-Ute-Mauhl-Rockroll-Gutsack-Talrasha

Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    Running around Gianthold spamming slayer/inferno/dispelling/shattermantle arrows can eat up the mana good. It seems the Arcane is finally in Arcane Archer. It would be cool if Child of Nature or either of the spells (Spiked Growth or Snare) actually had any effect on mobs at higher level.

I'd like to a see a charcters total Doubleshot chance displayed near the BAB on character sheet, where weapon speeds and double stike is displayed.

It would be nice to see "doubleshot success!!" displayed in combat log when you do doubleshot.
    I'd like to see the double-shot on a capstoned 20 ranger to get the same arrows/minute than a 10k stars build.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Play epic elite, the rolls reverse.
    This. When doing EH, I bring my PM. When doing EE, I bring my Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'd like to see the double-shot on a capstoned 20 ranger to get the same arrows/minute than a 10k stars build.
    Or even if it guaranteed 2 arrows per shot, with the standing double shot chance = % for a 3rd.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I think they are about the same, I got my ranger to 34% doubleshot.
    Ascent

Lucavvi|Blooddrunk|Marikoth

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddrunk View Post
    I think they are about the same, I got my ranger to 34% doubleshot.
    Sustainable?

Break it down please?

Thumbs down Heavy Draw

Why is heavy draw a tier 5 ability only available to those with 5 lvls of ranger who choose to specialize in Deepwood Sniper? Shouldn't it be a feat like power attack? It seems like a great idea when I first saw it, but then I quickly realized that it was yet again ranged bias where all ranged combat builds cannot benefit from the same type of damage boost that melee has been enjoying since release.Please make it a feat like it should be.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    I have to say that Turbine seemed to have done a lot of work to make arcane archers viable and the current tree turns all of that work into waste. Monkcher now seems to be wholly destroyed and there is no trade off in pure class ranger or elf/half-elf arcane archer to compensate.
    Were you familiar with Monkcher before U19? Monkcher is absolutely viable in the new enhancement system. In fact, there are now multiple ways to build it since monk stances can be taken as a feat. The new Arcane Archer tree is amazing. My litmus test: I soloed EE Lines of Supply with my U19 Monkcher. I'm extremely happy with my testing, and my AA is my favorite toon to play in U19.

The change to slayer arrows was the biggest frustration. The slayer arrow proc was needed to give arcane archers something competitive with melee characters for DPS. Changing it from an imbue to a toggle (and one with a relatively long cool down) isn't a good change.
    Slayer Arrow applies to additional projectiles from 10k Stars and Manyshot. Coupled with Adrenaline, it's better than the pre-U19 version.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    New slaying arrows hands down. Sure I'm going to have to get a bauble for my AA, but big deal. I've been needing to get one anyway.

Good luck. I've been running weapon shipment once per day since January and I haven't seen a single bauble drop.

btw, I don't suppose improved weapon finesse lets you apply your dex modifier to bow damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafaron View Post
    btw, I don't suppose improved weapon finesse lets you apply your dex modifier to bow damage?
    Look at elf racial enhancements and Grace. Applies dex to bow damage (if you choose longbows as your weapon set).My experience with Lamma is that pure elf rangers will get a nice boost since they can focus on dex and con and not have to worry about str as much unless they are shooting for overwhelming crit. The monchers will probably stay half-elf and go str, wis, con like they have before only maybe bumping dex enough to get combat archery if they want that.I am not sure how it will work for overwhelming crit with all the pre-requisites. It may be feasible with not having a need to get weapon focus ranged and mental toughness no longer being required. If you still need pa, cleave and great cleave, it may require you to rework your feat selection.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by Zafaron View Post
    It didn't work when I tested it out during alpha. Ninja Training II allows you to apply your DEX as damage though.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Arcane Archer's "Dispelling Shot" is supposed to only dispel beneficial effects, but it also dispels "Shattermantle Shot".

It didn't dispel "Inferno Shot" or a few other negative statuses so I think it may just be Shattermantle Shot specific (though I only tested a handful of things).
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast