Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Cleric Enhancements are currently available on Lamannia.

Please share your thoughts on the Cleric Enhancement Trees!
    I have messed with this on Lamannia for a little while, and my first concerns are:

- My Spell Power seems lower (no I did not LR and put more points into INT)
    - Radiant Servant tree comes with a nerf to damage (see below)
    - Looking for Toughness and Mana Enhancements - did I miss something? ( know Toughness is addressed elsewhere but I still seem to be losing hitpoints)
    - Appears I will not get the same number of Wisdom and Charisma points for being a human

I specifically kept my main as a Cleric instead of a FvS in order to have the radiant aura and burst ability. I also took multiple past lives to get improved DC's and more mana (the one thing I liked about FvS) so it is very disappointing to see that I feel as though I have to choose between healing and damage. I do not see this as an improvement.

I am also concerned about having to redo my stat point to put more points into INT in order to pump up Heal as well as Spellcraft. What should I reduce - my CON or STR? I already get encumbered even with a +7 STR item. WIS or CHA? Not a good choice - see above I am already losing points there. So I guess DEX? My guildies call me "Dies in Traps" due to my already awful reflex save.

In general, I really do not see the need to change enhancements again. I am glad I am not a new player who just got used to the current - I would likely quit the game over this. As it is, I may be forced to use that +20 LR to become a FvS, and I do not like being forced to do anything, especially in a game that I pay for monthly and support with hundreds pf $ worth of Turbine point purchases per year. I respectfully ask that Turbine keep the system the way it is and abandon these changes.

Aylianna - 7TR Cleric 25* Sellia - TR Ranger 20 * Yelenna 2TR Cleric Level 22 * Callwynn - 3TR Rogue 25 * Primabotta 4TR 12 Fighter/6 Ranger/2 Rogue * Aylamaran 12TR 17 Barbarian/2 Rogue

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestiesMA View Post
    I have messed with this on Lamannia for a little while, and my first concerns are:

- My Spell Power seems lower (no I did not LR and put more points into INT)
    - Radiant Servant tree comes with a nerf to damage (see below)
    - Looking for Toughness and Mana Enhancements - did I miss something? ( know Toughness is addressed elsewhere but I still seem to be losing hitpoints)
    - Appears I will not get the same number of Wisdom and Charisma points for being a human
    As in the other thread :
    - That bit may vary depending with the build you had and the options you chose. I managed to end up mostly even with my main ( you can look up the thread where I did it ).
    The problem is that soon it is going to be a requirement to have a maxed out Heal to run Epic Epite Quests. And that will mean finding those dreaded 4 to 6 build points.

- Yes, RS Tree is a big pigeonholing into Hjealbot mode. Now if you want to look at spellcasting thing, look into the Divine Disciple Tree.

- Non you didn't miss Toughness, as I said in the other thread, Devs don't like things that becomes must haves so Racial and Class Toughness got removed as Enhancement.
    ( see above, they just added a new one with Spellcraft/Heal/repair... it's just that they haven't seen the damages yet )
    Now you have +5 HP at LVL1, and +5 HP for every 5 Level in a given class you have. ( yes for some class/race combo that means that they can loose up to 50HP )
    You can get some Toughness in the Abortion ( Protection ) Tree.
    and IIRC there is some mana enhancement in the Divine Disciple tree.

- It takes a lot of fiddling around to manage to get back all your WIS and CHA back. To reach the result I've showed in my thread I had to redo the Enhancements 4 or 5 times.

I specifically kept my main as a Cleric instead of a FvS in order to have the radiant aura and burst ability. I also took multiple past lives to get improved DC's and more mana (the one thing I liked about FvS) so it is very disappointing to see that I feel as though I have to choose between healing and damage. I do not see this as an improvement.

I am also concerned about having to redo my stat point to put more points into INT in order to pump up Heal as well as Spellcraft. What should I reduce - my CON or STR? I already get encumbered even with a +7 STR item. WIS or CHA? Not a good choice - see above I am already losing points there. So I guess DEX? My guildies call me "Dies in Traps" due to my already awful reflex save.
    You have the same problem as most of us Divines: Dumped INT, low STR and no DEX. ( CON WIS and CHA being important, that's not where points have to be found ).
    Vargouille said it's was a tough choice and that he loved tough choice when we asked him how to find points.
    The problem is that tough choices are valid in a brand new game, they are the best way to drive players away in a 7 years old game.

So in the end it's going to be a no brainer : we will become second zone Hjealbots, as it's what the devs seems to want us to become.

I respectfully ask that Turbine keep the system the way it is and abandon these changes.
    You won't be heard, none of us has been heard.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Default AURA was LVL 12 Ability

There's NO reason it should be exclusive at a t5 ability in new system. It should be t3. t5 should be something BETTER that would have been the t3 rad serv ability.

Also, this allows clerics to have the aura without being pure heal faces.

t5 could be some buff to the aura or something if you want.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Also, this allows clerics to have the aura without being pure heal faces.

t5 could be some buff to the aura or something if you want.
    Not disagreeing with you on the main point, but my 19C/1f was able to fit it in on Lamma, and still get haste boost, GH, and all the human racial buffs, and he's about as far from a heal bot as you're gonna get (much to my guildies' dismay).

I suspect the EP is still going to suck for caster clerics, but it's not looking like a complete disaster for a fighter splash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    I suspect the EP is still going to suck for caster clerics, but it's not looking like a complete disaster for a fighter splash.
    I am a disaster!
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    I am a disaster!
    You have much higher standards than I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    You have much higher standards than I do
    Nuke it from orbit [it's the only way to be safe]
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Now I am going to get laughed at here for sure, But I have a heal bot. and thats all she is, heal bot.
    She is sitting on 950HP, 2800SP and an AC of 120. She can burst and aura team members in raids, and I think I do quite well.
    Problem I see on this game, is there is too many people that play a multi clas so they can solo everything and then mouth off how they solo epic elites.
    I do not cast offensive spells, purely heal, and 20 lvls of heal, pure class...
    I dont Solo, that to me is boring, (and swearing lol), why play an MMORPG if your going to play on your own? I enjoy playing my healer, and people send me tells to come along with them in raids.
    The biggest problem especially when posting up for a reaid on elite, is trying to find a healer. so by killing the enhancement lines for healers, you will be killing the raids for players when they are looking for healers.
    so my option is a simple one. there are quests that are only for soloing and you cant even step into a them if your in a party and cant pop a hireling either. so to stop the soloing non stop, why dont you change it so that you have to have a particular class in the group or have to have a minimum of 3 players at least (not inc hirelings). or EH needs 2 players and EE needs 4 players (not inc hires)
    Like I said above, not all people will like my comment, but the biggest problem I am seeing is everyine is crying cos they cant get all the atributes they want to fly through everything on EE as a solo player.
    Please dont gimp my Healer, as some of these raids and I would believe the new content is going to be murder on EE, and the last thing I want to do is suck down pots non stop.
    as I can confidently say I have spent on this game an approx of $2000.00 over the past 3 years, i should be able to feel I have some hope in the Devs reading this and taking this into account.
    I am going to do some testing and see, so hopefully I will have an out come that I many be happy with.
    Thanks.

Community Member

Default Divine Disciple Capstone

The Divine Disciple as a whole is a very nice rebound BTW Turbine. From Radiant Servant and Protection.

Say I am speccing full Light Evocation or can Adversely go full Negative + Necro.

if you choose one its only logical you would spec points in tree with chosen Dmg spellpower and School Focus.

Capstone grants spells opposite of your chosen path and speciialization logically speaking. Its very counter-productive to staying Pure, Clonks still gain evasion and same max Wis stat as pure.

is it not Ironic that the capstone is giving me the addition of spells to my spellbook that I have not invested a single point in relatively

The capstone + 2 wis and + 2 saves aside is very much Meh.

Light Specced Transcending thr Darkness sounds really cool in design but offers really nothing in symbiosis with all points spent in the tree.

Just a slight review of the capstone would be sweet indeed. Granting Sunbeam as SLA or something in the like. Similar to FVS Capstone in comparison.

EDIT: SpellPower does seem low in this tree. Maybe adding a slight bump to each point spent in tree which it currently does not have to spellpower like Radiant Servant and Protection. This Pre looks great but its still clerics in the end and does not have FVS Mana pool to play with.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by carpemontis; 08-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Community Member

Help.... So, on live, making a cleric isnt so terribly tough. I mean, some of the stuff is pretty obvious. I am stuck though. I have :

pdk, 1fighter/2pal/12cleric

with 40points in divine servant. I took 3 points in the flamestrike SLA, and a few other points here and there. I can't figure out how to spend enhancements in such a way that I can maximize my cha/wis points for bonus points for paladin saves, pdk attack stuff, and cleric turning, while maximizing my wis gains as well. In fact, no matter what I do, I seem to come out pretty sucky. I also can't find any +devotion bits in the dojo to swap in to try and lessen my sp problems with my 800 pt max pool. Help! I would really like to get an idea how this is supposed to work, but just can't understand it.

I would like to point out that for a new player, if you LR an existing cleric, this mess will likely put you in a position to horribly gimp yourself.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by carpemontis View Post
    Just a slight review of the capstone would be sweet indeed. Granting Sunbeam as SLA or something in the like. Similar to FVS Capstone in comparison.

EDIT: SpellPower does seem low in this tree. Maybe adding a slight bump to each point spent in tree which it currently does not have to spellpower like Radiant Servant and Protection. This Pre looks great but its still clerics in the end and does not have FVS Mana pool to play with.

Thanks in advance
    re: sunbeam, it actually does get granted as an SLA somewhere in there. Also, yeah, my sp when investing heavily in the prestige was horrid (38 points across the board).... Seeing as I am a clueless noob with 5 months experience, this bodes poorly for any actual newcomers trying to create a new char with all this fancy new stuff. My sp pool was also beyond low.

Community Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    re: sunbeam, it actually does get granted as an SLA somewhere in there. Also, yeah, my sp when investing heavily in the prestige was horrid (38 points across the board).... Seeing as I am a clueless noob with 5 months experience, this bodes poorly for any actual newcomers trying to create a new char with all this fancy new stuff. My sp pool was also beyond low.
    My solution is easy: 18cleric/2Arty
    Arty caster tree: 1 spell point each point in tree, force/fire/electr (sounds to flamestrike, BB, etc)
    Divine Discipline tree: meh universal
    Divine Protection: Yes traps and 0.75 spell points
    Spellpoints?: Mental T. and Imp Mental T, really is working very good now and 1% crit chance each feat

EE lvl28 is trash CR70: never you will pass DC

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    Sunbeam is not granted as a SLA in Divine Disciple. It's added to the spellbook. Sunbeam as a SLA would be cheaper to cast (free metamagic boosts).

The new elvish cleric Iconics get Sunbeam as a SLA.

Default Thoughts on warpriest

first off let me begin by saying that all in all, it's a very nice tree

the main problem I have with the new warpriest tree is that the tier 5s just don't offer enough to be worth taking.

wrathful weapons - the light damage suffers from poor scaling at higher levels, where [W] enhancements reign supreme. you can easily pick up that +1/+1 from racial tree or other trees, totally not worth wasting tier5 on that.
    adding +1[W] or improving crits for 6 seconds instead of 3d4 light would be more worthy of a tier 5.

magical backlash / divine intervention are ok, if you've already taken tier 5 on warpriest. on their own, they're not worth wasting your tier 5 on this tree.

so this leaves us with divine power and divine vessel.
    divine vessel's damage is niceish, but is unreliable in that it shows up only once in a long while, so you can't really time it to suit your needs, and even on a fully geared cleric it fails to do any serious damage... so really the only thing this enhancement has going for is the "coolness" factor. at the moment it's not very useful.
    I would either make it a counter dependent clicky like the master's blitz enhancement, to be used at your discretion, or lower its damage and make it proc on vorpal strikes (like thunderclap).

divine power is really the only truly useful tier 5 enhancement, and unfortunately for this enhancement, it can be replaced by a spell... will it bleed my mana? sure. but when considering I can pick up healing aura instead, for a warpriest, it's not even a close call.

hopefully you see the issue I'm having with the new tree's tier 5s. they are all nice ideas, but the implementation hinders their usefulness, making them either too weak or too random to be taken seriously. and I assure you I would like nothing better than to fully invest in a warpriest tree.

as a side note, I don't get the "burden of sin", 15% chance when you are hit that the enemy takes -1 to strength and dexterity, stacks 10 times.
    this means you'll need to be hit 6.6 times for 1 stack, or 66 times for 10 stacks... in other words, unless you expect a mob to be pounding on you for an eternity, it won't do much.
    this becomes even less significant in the new content, where reducing a mob's stat by 2-3 (or even 10 for that matter) has little to no effect, as they all have crazy high stats. taking 66 hits however, will surely kill you.
    so all in all, unless this was meant to be an AP sink for light guard, I fail to see any reason to take it. a completely useless enhancement.

--- edit
    if you'd like a good example of nicely done enhancements, look at the druid trees. most of the tier1-4s there offer much more than the warpriest's 5s
    Last edited by Lauf; 09-13-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Hero

Can anyone confirm if Divine Healing is or is not affected by Positive Spell Power?

EDIT: I was able to confirm that Positive Spell Power does not affect Divine Healing. Too bad.
    Last edited by Carpone; 09-15-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Warpriest

I think splitting the sovereign host up to into its individual gods would do alot to make Warpriest more versatile...the devs wouldn't even have to make new abilities since they can all just use the sovereign host line

Arawai: Morningstar
    Aureon: Quarterstaff
    Balinor: Battleaxe
    Dol Dorn: Longsword (replace the current SH longsword)
    Kol Korran: Heavy Mace
    Olladra: Sickle
    Onatar: Warhammer

Unfortunately Boldrei and Dol Arrah use weapons that don't actually exist in DDO (Spear and Halberd) so I'd say either leave them out for now or (if the community is ok with it) I think if we made Dol Arrah have favored weapon: Shield it could make for some interesting builds...as for Boldrei I'd say just have it cover w/e the first 2-Handed Piercing weapon we get is.

Later on (since it will take actual work) adding in more racial deities and maybe another universal one...some examples:

Dwarves: Moradin (Heavy Pick) - Moradin seem to have multiple favored weapons so I choose the one that isn't already covered by the sovereign host

Halflings: Arvoreen (Short sword) or Brandobaris (Dagger)...I prefer the latter but either would work, both is ok too :P

Half-Orcs: Grummsh (Great Axe) - his favored weapon is the orcish double axe but the GA is the closest thing DDO has

Universal: The Path of Light (Unarmed) - Clonks are popular may as well add an option for them and PoL is an Eberron "faith" so it could prove you guys haven't wholly abandoned it.

Lastly with the advent of the Dark Disciple adding dark faiths would really help flesh out things like the Blood of Vol, The Dark Six (The Devourer,The Fury,The Keeper,The Mockery,The Shadow,The Traveler) and The cult of the dragon Below
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910