Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Now all we need is...

Enhancement Name: "I can't heal through walls!"
    Cost: 2 AP, 8 SP per cast
    Description: Target ally gains "Zerg Pact" buff, which activates when the target goes out of healing range. When activated, the buff gives 1d3 positive energy healing to the target every 6 seconds for 2 minutes.
    Nah, what I'd rather it do is "When target dies, target's soulstone is automatically placed in your backpack"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    I really thought when a guild mate of mine euthusiatically told me that domains were coming that we really would see Domains.

I know Ebberon is not as deity reliant as other D&D realms but we have such a broad scope to work with.

Healing and Protection are not domains, the amount of work you would need to put in to make builds comparable to where they are now on live is costly and not worth the effort in Protection. The buff durations are miniscule their benefits not really worth the amount of AP to invest.

I thought that we would get something along the lines of War, Boon, Bane, Faith
    (Snip...)
    Nice, Kalari. Adding this to my my Domains =/= Prestiges thread.
    Character Compendium

Default ***

Quote Originally Posted by msc313 View Post
    I appreciate the idea of the new enhancement tree system. The Kensei and Tempest trees are stunning, and will provide some additional balance to twf melees who mainly play EE. With that said, I feel like the Cleric trees weaken the class, not balance it, in the context of current end game play.

I have played a Cleric/Monk as my main toon since 2009. I did so because of the ability to fit many roles: melee/CC/casting/healing. This system diminishes the ability to invest in melee and casting, greatly reducing the flexibility of the class. If the intent is to create a "healer" class, then these propositions will be highly successful. However, in classic DnD the Cleric was a three dimensional threat.

My recommendation is to provide alternative tree that reflect the classic cleric roles not currently represented: One for melee and one for casting.

Also, +1 to domains =/= prestige

Otherwise many divine players will do what I will likely do, regrettably TR our Clerics into FvS.
    ^^^

Added this quote to Domains =/= Prestiges thread.
    Character Compendium

2016 DDO Players Council karatemack's Avatar

Default My .02

The Complaints

Loss of Sovereign Host/Undying Court/etc.
    Loss of Energy of the Zealot
    Loss of Light Damage Amplifiers
    Inability to now have Radiant Servant and Divine Intervention at the same time
    AP feels spread a bit thin

The Compliments

Love the new interface
    Sanctuary is really nice
    Reactive Heal is also really nice
    Alert (although it's mostly "meh" due to the short duration)

Suggestions for Improvement

Include core enhancements AT NO COST (with exception being capstone). Once you spend points in a tier you unlock the corresponding core enhancement. This would free up enough AP and other enhancement costs would not have to be adjusted.

Lower the points spent requirement to achieve capstone to 38. I want DI and RS.

Allow people to invest points in as many trees as they want. The min AP spent reqs of certain enhancements is enough restriction.

Include +25 Light Spell power to positive energy burst.

Include +25 Light Spell power to positive energy aura.

Include +25 Light Spell power to radiant servant. (total of +75 to light spell power)

Include +1 Spell Penetration to Sanctuary.

Include +1 Spell Penetration to Enhanced Sanctuary.

Include +1 Spell Penetration to Ultimate Sanctuary. (total of +3 to Spell Penetration)

GIVE CLERICS MORE LOVE THAN THIS AND GIVE US MORE TREES!!!

The Non-TL/DR Version

As I played with the new enhancements I found that "MY" cleric build lost Sovereign Host (longswords), 1 Con, 50 SP from energy of the zealot, 2 spell pen and -2 levels to light damage spells, -18 light spell power (with human versatility clicky), -6% chance to crit with a light spell and -2 on the crit multiplier for crits on a light spell. Obviously, of all the losses the light spell damage was the most disappointing followed second by spell pen. The rest of the losses I could balance out against the new abilities (IE: sanctuary and reactive heal) and feel as though I made out better off for the trade.

Wanting to give it an honest try I went out to GH and Eveningstar with my newly enhanced cleric. I was able to glean 2 more wisdom than I had before thanks to RS and taking all 4 stat enhancements in WIS from both cleric trees. (Toon name is Griglok on Khyber if you want to look him over). Without ship buffs/Yugo pots he's walking around with 51 wis (need to get around to getting that +4 tome) and necro DC's of 49. Even with taking the hit of spell pen I wasn't getting blue shields in UD or GH. Grig is on his 4th life and I do have +3 spell pen twisted into my ED and once I'm done being lazy will twist in the other 3 from magister.

Turning is the same as it was before for Grig, only now there are newer abilities I can see myself using more often (healing amp, reactive heal, etc.). RS aura and RS burst appear to function the same as before.

Sanctuary adds a great deal of survivability for my cleric. Having perm blur doesn't hurt things either. Cleric will work even better as a solo class with these enhancements. I was able to stand in the midst of about 10 giants in Epic GH with nothing but my aura and sanctuary without feeling the pain on my red bar. It was nice.

My play style is to heal (sometimes) while running around turning/slay living/destruction/BB the **** out of everything so that I can lead in the kill count. If I'm feeling really generous I'll throw out a cometfall or conjuration burst of stunning but for the most part my mana is reserved for insta-kill spells. I always DOT a boss when mass healing in raids so I don't get bored which brings me to my last point. With DP I noticed I'm doing around 50-150 less damage per tick. There is no reason a FVS should get smiting enhancements and a Cleric should not.

For the most part I would be willing to give up what I'm losing for the added abilities in sanctuary/reactive heal. The only two really difficult losses are the 50-150 less damage4 per tick when using DP and the spell pen. Fix that and I'll be a happy, though still disappointed by the lack of options, cleric.

Community Member

By recommendation of a fellow poster, I give my (dissected, in-depth) analysis of both Cleric trees, which can be seen here (for the Healing tree) and here (for the Protection tree).

A few things I noticed were that, while the Healing tree is mostly Radiant Servant repurposed (which wouldn't be a bad idea, actually), the Protection tree seems to build upon the idea of a tank, essentially providing strong passive self-buffs and at least ONE rider effect when healing, but the "main" ability it has (which, as you may see in the analysis of the Protection tree, I loathe more than a sociopath with the unbridled hot fury of a thousand red giants on its hands) and a few of its other abilities make it a defense-inclined buffer. While the Healing tree makes for a decent healer, the Protection tree makes for a poor buffer. What I fear is that the Protection tree WAS the intention behind the Warpriest, even though it's not exactly what the Warpriest had in mind (bear in thought that the Warpriest wasn't ever meant to be a "melee Cleric" enabler, but rather a buffer that granted a few bonuses against fear and charm effects, some extra healing, and a few minor buffs (and Haste).

Personally, I'd keep the Radiant Servant bit (with the Core abilities reflecting the Healing and Sun domains). The Warpriest is supposed to focus on the Destruction, Protection, Strength and War domains, which *should* justify the idea of the "melee" Cleric. Thus, it can keep some of the existing Protection tree abilities (Sacred Touch, for example, as well as the permanent Blur effect and adding Blur as a spell split into two abilities, the Light Guard benefit expanded to also cover Fire Guard, Ice Guard, Lightning Guard and Acid Guard) with some of the dropped abilities (Divine Might, for example), some abilities from the Warpriest PrC (granting Haste and potentially Heroes' Feast as Cleric spells, perhaps a Fear aura) and some new abilities (say, Divine Shield for those shield users, and maybe an ability that grants a +1 Sacred boost to spells that increase ability scores). That way, you get your "melee Cleric" and keep the last tree for the caster build, and make the Protection tree attractive.

However, you're free to debate on that thread what I wrote, and potentially give ideas on how to boost or deal with the Cleric trees (even if it's just "drop the whole idea and just focus on fixing the existing system"). If a developer feels challenged enough to respond to my in-depth analysis with an in-depth response, that'd be more than wonderful, but that'd be asking for a wee bit too much, no? The challenge is there, tho.

What I as player would most like to see added to both favored souls and clerics is:

Cure Light Wounds as a metamagical spell like ability.
    Spell Point cost 6/4/2 sp.
    Cooldown 5/4/3 seconds.

Nimbus of light as a metamagical spell like ability.
    Spell Point cost 6/4/2 sp.
    Cooldown 5/4/3 seconds.

I don't care how much action points its cost.
    I don't care whether it requires 17+ class levels.
    I feel that cheap light spells and heals are badly overlooked, and are very important.

Just PLEASE grant me this.

It seems that you folks are getting the multiclass stuff moving forward, but are having trouble with the pure class stuff.

Here is a bit of help for you ~ realize that tier 5s are exclusive

DOUBLE and Triple all Tier Five groups.

Pack them with goodies not junk.

Every blue bar tier five ought to have +1/+2/+3 Spell Pen, because one can only have a single tier five,
    thus assuring all blue classes can get spell pen once from anywhere.

If Spellsingers can be granted extra spells such as Heal and Wail, what about adding some spells to Clerics as a Tier 5 ability?

I see light spellpower for the healing domain, so...

Name:
    Sunburst

School:
    Evocation (Light spells)

Level:
    Drd 8, Sor/Wiz 8

Spell Point Cost:

Components:
    Verbal, Somatic, Material (Bit of Sunstone)

Metamagic:
    Empower, Enlarge, Eschew, Heighten, Maximize, Quicken

Range:
    Standard AOE

Target:
    Foe, Positional, Breakable

Duration:
    Instantaneous

Saving Throw:
    Reflex save takes half damage and negates Blinded

Spell Resistance:
    No

Cooldown:
    6 seconds

This is a rainbow light, sort of?

Name:
    Prismatic Spray

School:
    Evocation (Acid spells) (Death spells ?) (Electricity spells) (Fear spells ?) (Fire spells) (Mind-affecting spells)

Level:
    Sor/Wiz 7

Spell Point Cost:

Components:
    Verbal, Somatic

Metamagic:
    Empower, Enlarge, Heighten, Maximize, Quicken

Range:

Target:
    Foe, Directional, Breakable

Duration:
    Instantaneous

Saving Throw:
    Reflex save takes half damage; Fortitude save negates Death and Stone effects; Will save negates Fear and Death

Spell Resistance:
    No

Cooldown:
    5 seconds

Name:
    Prismatic Ray

School:
    Evocation (Acid spells) (Death spells ?) (Electricity spells) (Fear spells ?) (Fire spells) (Mind-affecting spells)

Level:
    Sor/Wiz 5

Spell Point Cost:

Components:
    Verbal, Somatic

Metamagic:
    Empower, Heighten, Maximize, Quicken

Range:
    Double

Target:
    Foe, Directional, Breakable

Duration:
    Instantaneous

Saving Throw:
    Various: Reflex save takes half damage; Fortitude save negates Death and Stone effects; Will save negates Fear and Death

Spell Resistance:
    No

Cooldown:
    4 seconds (Wiz), 2.5 seconds (Sor)

And some light fog?

Name:
    Glitterdust

School:
    Conjuration (Creation spells)

Level:
    Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 2

Spell Point Cost:

Components:
    Verbal, Somatic, Material

Metamagic:
    Enlarge, Eschew, Heighten, Quicken

Range:
    Standard AOE

Target:
    Foe, Positional

Duration:
    40 seconds + 2 seconds per caster level

Saving Throw:
    Will save negates blindness

Spell Resistance:
    No

Cooldown:
    5 seconds (Wiz/Brd), 3 seconds (Sor)

Or?

Name:
    Hypnotic Pattern

School:
    Illusion (Mind-affecting spells)

Level:
    Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 2

Spell Point Cost:

Components:
    Somatic, Material

Metamagic:
    Quicken, Eschew, Heighten, Enlarge

Range:
    Standard AOE

Target:
    Foe, Positional

Duration:
    30 seconds

Saving Throw:
    Will save negates

Spell Resistance:
    Yes

Cooldown:
    6 seconds (Wiz/Brd), 3.5 seconds (Sor)

Well, whatever, at least I hunted for some options...

Now let us talk about Pacifism and Martyrdom.

A lot of these concepts come from the book of vile deeds
    and other 'splat' books designed to be overpowered to sell.

Return to your examination of the core rules and the more standard extra books.

I have played clerics and favored souls extensively.

The first rule of playing a healer is do NOT ever die.
    Be the last lady standing.

The second rule of playing a healer is that you MUST be able to kill when you have to.
    DDO is random temporary grouping not the static type found in pen and paper D&D.

You are trying to pack too many things into the healing domain.

Remember what it was ~ the radiant servant and build on that concept since
    pen and paper radiant servants are good healer along with the core healing concepts.

PLEASE completely forget pacifism concepts, we don't want them.
    We will be very upset if we see them in beta cleric enhancements.
    I hope I have made myself very clear on that point.

Return to the core concepts like 4th edition D&D where the cleric can acquire at will
    healing and at will light attacks (read spell like abilities).

I found in my last rounds of playing Fawnglow that it seem end game healers are rare.
    (When has that not been the case? Waiting for a healer to fill up the raid?)

Give us some goodies.
    What would it hurt to put tier five Sunburst spell like ability able to be metamagiced for
    standard cooldown costing zero spell points to cast. I would pay 10 action points for that.
    Given that sorcerer often brag about 1k crits, why not give us some love?

Please, please, please...

As far as the protection domain goes, except for close wounds which is nice, you have a lot of
    spell like abilities such as prayer which I don't like. How about more PPR and AC if you are going to.
    do the protection thing.

My cleric casts buffs less than 10% of the time.
    Its heal, heal, light ray, heal, light ray, light ray, light ray, heal, etc. etc. etc...

Look at the angelic epic destiny closely.
    What does it reward you constantly casting?
    Hmm...

Also the healing domain ought to grant .5 fire spell power and force spellpower (universal).
    Again, ditch the pacifism concept.

Its the bottom of the 9th, one out (alpha) and chicken little is two runs ahead.
    There is a wizard on first base, and a sorcerer on second base.
    The Devs are the home team, and time out has been called.

Will the Devs pull it off, or will they lose the game to chicken little?

Speaking as someone who has played every class and race the old fashion way,
    I am distressed and upset at the current events playing out in this enhancement alpha.

You, the Devs, are about to implement a nerf to every class in the game except two.
    That is a pretty strong charge, let's talk it over.

Archmage wizards probably need some more flexablity.
    Other than that, the arcane powerhouses (Sorcerer and Wizard) almost always come out on top.

The enhancements for the melee is coming along, until one considers that melees exist in
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiosis
    with other classes. When those classes suffer, the melee classes suffer.

Most melees have gotten to the point of realizing that sorcerers and wizards often don't care.
    That is why we melees carry haste clickies, haste potions, and melee aclarity items.
    That is why we melees carry permanent blur items.
    We can get along if we have to without them.

But we melees have another Symbiosis, a strong greater one that is much more important.
    If this group is weak, we melee are also weak.
    It is the group of classes that can cast mass curative spells.

This group includes Bards, Druids, Clerics, and Favored Souls.
    The games fate and destiny are interwoven with their destiny.

These four classes have some else in common.
    All four of them currently only have tier two prestige classes.
    Since three tier should exists, one can obviously concluded that each of these classes
    should be increased in enhancement power by 50% during this enhancement update.

Bards also suffer as already needing upgrades in many forms.
    They sit at the bottom of all the classes, needing much love.
    I will not list in detail what should be changed as you the Devs already have my very
    details notes on the subject documented for later access.

While some will say, the spellsinger looks kinda nice, I say you have a long way to go.
    The bard needs a lot of work, you know what it is, do it.

Fifty percent is a lot of power addition.
    Fear is the original sin.
    Be bold, be creative, show us how smart you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    Nice, Kalari. Adding this to my my Domains =/= Prestiges thread.
    Domains are in fact a class feature not a prestigue class.
    Domains are bonus stuff clerics get for FREE.

Radiant Servant is a prestige class.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/clericDomains.htm

Read thru it.

It's bonus spells added to the cleric's spell list plus a granted power.

Community Member

Default Please bring back Divine Might for clerics

One thing I noticed with the enhancement trees for clerics now is they no longer have Divine Might available to them. I would like to see clerics keep this skill as it gives clerics an offensive option with their turns (for non-undead) and is very useful for melee clerics in the current enhancement system.

Default On Strike

My divine characters who typically heal raids and epics are officially on strike,
    to protest the new enhancement changes for Divines as they feel the changes
    are very poorly done.

If you a player find less and less divines willing to heal your raids,
    consider what will happen if the Developers do not GREATLY rework
    and improve this situation.

In the meantime, no epic/raid heals from me.

I have TRed these divine characters and they now sit in Korthos.

Default I have a suggestion...

I think the spell-like abilities present in the protector domain tree should be replaced with enhancements that improve the functionality of your spells. There are plenty of spells that get obsolete after a while and it would be nice to spend action points to make them viable at high levels. Below is a example of such a suggestion:

Tier 1:

Commander of the evil

Tier 1: When command or greater command is cast, target loses dex bonus to AC. (Character Level 4)
    Tier 2: When command or greater command is cast, target is considered helpless, but duration is reduced 50%. (Character Level 8)
    Tier 3: When command or greater command is cast, target takes a -4 penalty to all saves for the duration of command. (Character Level 12)

Tier 2:

Dispel Mastery

Tier 1: The maximum caster level of all spells made to dispel any effect is increased by +5. (Character Level 11)
    Tier 2: All Dispel spell effect target beneficial spells only and not debuffs. (Character Level 15)
    Tier 3: Greater Dispel Magic and Break Enchantment no longer have a caster level limit. (Character Level 19)

Tier 3:

Holy bliss

Tier 1: Prayer has a +2 luck bonus. (Character Level 10)
    Tier 2: Recitation has double bonuses. (Character Level 14)
    Tier 3: When prayer and recitation are used together, they grant a special buff that increases all critical damage (including spell damage) by 25%. (Character Level 18)

Tier 4:

Purge the Wicked

Tier 1: Your alignment spells secondary effects now effect those who are neutral on a failed save, and do not suffer half damage for neutrality. (Character Level 9)
    Tier 2: Your light spells no longer have a caster level limit. (Character Level 13)
    Tier 3: Your alignment spells no longer have a caster level limit. (Character Level 17)
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

Cleric has got more healing power than before, but the class needs more change about healing.

of course, Cleric has surely higher positive power, but this doesn't mean they can heal allies stably. They're even a bit more unstable than Favored Soul becasue of their difference on SP, even if they have healing aura. having Healing Aura doesn't mean cleric has stable about heal. the SLA forced to them to be next to allies to heal, who are near mobs attacking them. This is dangerous, so can't say stable. so they should be able to use more healings.

Yes, difference of SP between clr and fvs is matter of course. So I'd suggest a thing on Pacifism(Second Core ability) of Healing domain, which would be less-useful at higher level because their effect is not good currently. Put this effect into Pacifism; "all cure spells(or all healing spells) have 10% less cost of SP to cast when toggled up." of course, Pacifism still will have some penalties(currently, -50 Spell Power and no crit on non-positive spells, and -1[w]). plus, pacifism will need to take cooltime to turn off and on, to prevent them to change their position often - healing then attacking then healing then attacking in a row.

Then Cleric would get surely more powerful and stable on ONLY HEALING with untouching offensive powers, as developers intended.

P.S. Currently, Their negative spell power gone... They need negative spell power, to heal palemasters. I took Harm to heal pales. but It'd be difficult to do that if cleric got no spell power on Negative. :/

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Ok, I did pop in L-Space to check the Second dump of the NGE... erm Enhancement Cras... erm Enhancement Pass.
    This is the short version, it's 1:30 AM for me and I should be in bed...

- Clerics are still stuck with that abortion called Protection Tree.

- Clerics are still stuck wasting precious points on trash enhancements just ot reach the important ones ( 18 points wasted out of 40 on the Radiant Servant tree to reach RSII equivalent )

Why can't you use the current enhancements to make the RS Tree, I showed you how easy it is, and it shouldn't take long, my draft was done in 30 minutes.

- Clerics are still tuck with way too many active ( click to activate, short duration ) ****, there shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 in each tree.
    ( note this is also true for any other tree imho we have already too many things on our shortcut bars soon we will have to become chimps and play with keyboards for the hands and the feets )

- The Divine Disciple tree is not bad ( beside the too many active **** ), but it doesn't make all the above more palatable.

So in the end my feeling is the following :

Nobody listened and what was told in the Dev Chat is going to be true : NO CHANGE WILL BE MADE FROM OUR FEEDBACK beside some minor tweaking here and there.

I'll post a long version ( because there is a need for a long version, but the explanations will have to wait for the long version ) tomorrow. ( for me )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Ok, I did pop in L-Space to check the Second dump of the NGE... erm Enhancement Cras... erm Enhancement Pass.
    This is the short version, it's 1:30 AM for me and I should be in bed...

- Clerics are still stuck with that abortion called Protection Tree.

- Clerics are still stuck wasting precious points on trash enhancements just ot reach the important ones ( 18 points wasted out of 40 on the Radiant Servant tree to reach RSII equivalent )

Why can't you use the current enhancements to make the RS Tree, I showed you how easy it is, and it shouldn't take long, my draft was done in 30 minutes.

- Clerics are still tuck with way too many active ( click to activate, short duration ) ****, there shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 in each tree.
    ( note this is also true for any other tree imho we have already too many things on our shortcut bars soon we will have to become chimps and play with keyboards for the hands and the feets )

- The Divine Disciple tree is not bad ( beside the too many active **** ), but it doesn't make all the above more palatable.

So in the end my feeling is the following :

Nobody listened and what was told in the Dev Chat is going to be true : NO CHANGE WILL BE MADE FROM OUR FEEDBACK beside some minor tweaking here and there.

I'll post a long version ( because there is a need for a long version, but the explanations will have to wait for the long version ) tomorrow. ( for me )
    So 18 points to get Radiant servant 2. wow isnt that whining if i ever heard it. Reason i say that is because doesn't it normally take 42 points before you get it? 18 wow that is just sooooo many compared to 42. what would i do with that missing 24 :P Sorry not trying to nitpick ya but at least have a better rant then that one. 18 is fine.

I think the protection tree should still be dropped for whatever the prestige we were suppose to get.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    So 18 points to get Radiant servant 2. wow isnt that whining if i ever heard it. Reason i say that is because doesn't it normally take 42 points before you get it? 18 wow that is just sooooo many compared to 42. what would i do with that missing 24 :P Sorry not trying to nitpick ya but at least have a better rant then that one. 18 is fine.

I think the protection tree should still be dropped for whatever the prestige we were suppose to get.
    No, it is not 42. Radiant Servant 2 on live costs 12 prereq points you may very well not want, 6 points for the two tiers themselves, and then another 3 points in prereqs that virtually every cleric ever made would take.

So that's 18 points to get it, compared to beta which (I assume, haven't verified) is 18 points to unlock plus another 2 to take. I'd call that a wash.

That you think it costs 42 shows the same fundamental misunderstanding of how different progression is compared to "points spent in tree" as the designer of this flawed new enhancement system has.

Community Member

Default well

only thing i can say is:

1) i like divine disciple tree
    2) i would kill to have it on the favored soul too... (and i do not care at all about protection tree, seems ****)

so... if favored soul could switch protection tree in exchange for divine disciple tree i would be happy :P

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast