Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Cleric Enhancements Discussion Thread!

Cleric Enhancements are currently available on Lamannia.

Please share your thoughts on the Cleric Enhancement Trees!
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 09-17-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Warpriest Survey is now closed

Time Bandit
    2015 DDO Players Council

<prays to the Forest Lords of Eternal Grace and to Corellon in particular that the WarPriest has not been screwed up>

<glances at re-installation download progress>

<prays to the Forest Lords of Eternal Grace and to Corellon in particular that the WarPriest has not been screwed up>

<opens a finely graven crystal bottle of cool and dark-agèd Scourmont elvish bright barley wine and meditates on the fickle haphazard strangeness of mankind's passing fancies>

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post

<glances at re-installation download progress>

<opens a finely graven crystal bottle of cool and dark-agèd Scourmont elvish bright barley wine and meditates on the fickle haphazard strangeness of mankind's passing fancies>
    Not saying it's not there but I don't see it on the survey, just "Healing" and "Protection"
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    Not saying it's not there but I don't see it on the survey, just "Healing" and "Protection"
    You are correct. Those are the 2 Cleric options.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Would you be so kind as to provide some more details on this? I'd like to get my disappointment in early, and not have to wait until I can log in tonight.

Here's the human and cleric trees.

The Healing domain and Protection domain seem to be the only ones granted to clerics atm, depending on whether you choose to be a cleric of the Sovereign Host or Silver Flame.

EDIT: Bah, photobucket resized everything. Still, the text is readable if not very pretty.

Community Member

The new faith feats don't seem to be working properly - I've tried several combinations (LoB, Undying etc) and they all come up with Undying Sovereignty as an ability.

As for the Healing tree, I have one question: why does the tier 2 toggle for extra positive spellpower need a massive nerf to other casting? Its not like most clerics would need the spellpower enough to ever use it except when raid healing (maybe) and it seems a bit like forcing clerics to be healbots.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by clkpacker View Post

The Healing domain and Protection domain seem to be the only ones granted to clerics atm, depending on whether you choose to be a cleric of the Sovereign Host or Silver Flame.

EDIT: Bah, photobucket resized everything. Still, the text is readable if not very pretty.
    Thank you. I have an 18/2 clonk and a 17 cleric that I'll try to move over tonight. I didn't check them all, but it looked like the radiant servant aura remains in some form. This is going to be a lot of info to assimilate - it's feeling like a lot more change than the EDs.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Yup, I really expected more options... there's so many domains that makes options possible.

Oh and right now having to spend 50ish or so points to recover a watered down Radiant Servant Ability is hurting.
    ( the minimum you need to spend is 44, and we WILL have to waste at least 6 points in potentially useless things )

And there's no consistency... the Burst is not tied to the Aura... so you can get the Aura without the Burst and the Burst without the Aura.

Oh and having to choose between Divine Healing <Exclusive OR> Divine Vitality is plain stupid.

So Far, as it's Alpha I hope It's going to evolve :

The Good : None. ( really, I tried to look for something good to say )

The Bad :
    - Less Healing from Burst and Aura ( once you get them, and fully buff them )
    - More difficult to get Burst and Aura
    - The Protection domain has not much interest for a Healing/Spell Oriented Cleric
    - The Healing domain has basically no interest for an offensive Spell Oriented Cleric.
    - There is no Offensive Spell Oriented Domain, you're a hjeelbot that Sit in melee in Protection Stance with Aura on, spamming Hjeel Spells of you're bust.

Oh and what's the point of that Pacifism toggle ?
    It's useless, nobody will use it. It brings not enough Positive Spell Power for too much a drawback. If it brought 200 Spell power it could be considered as usable in some raids, in some situation specific cases, but 25, come on.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

After a quick look at the new enhancements, I'm not terrible happy.

Today on Live I can be a good healer and still be offensive caster or melee. I am fairly free in how I use my enhancement point, I can put point into healing, get some hp's, and some racial weapon modificers. I can spread out, and still do a good job healing. I like that.

I feel I have to chooce either healing or protection or racial now. Before I could cherry pick the abilities I wanted, now I have to take abilities I don't need or don't want to gain access to other abilities in the tree.
    I have problems finding the +crit% to positive energy. I can find +2 %, else I have to take a huge penalty to everything else or be a lvl 20 pure cleric.

I really do like the option and the freedom we have today, and I feel I am loosing this freedom.

*grumble* and I dislike the nerfs to toughness enhancements across the board, but that is for another thread.

edit: the general + to skills have been removed. I think I am lacking a more general cleric tree, with those abilities the different prestiges could have in common. Now we just have prestige tress
    Last edited by Lilliana; 04-11-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Community Member

I was all fine rationalising my concerns about the Cleric enhancements and then it hit me.

No spellpoint pool boosts and no spell penetration enhancements.

So how exactly is the cleric going offensively cast now? Not at all? I see the plan here...

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

This is to complete my previous post :

- You have only 2/3 Wis enhancement ( or Cha ) while before you could have 5 or more. ( 3 Wis and 2 Cha + Racial )

- Where did Divine Intervention go ?
    - Where did the Energy of the Zealot line go ?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Devs--No Offensive caster stuff?

I am one of the few clerics that still pugs and accepts pugs...I'm an offensive caster WITHOUT RS who can solo heal EH Raids without pots, without any healing twists, and most of the time I do not even have a devotion item--not pointing out any skill just that Healing in this game is already REALLY EASY, please give something to those of us who use ALL of the cleric spells...otherwise I might just solo and duo everything, or run in guild only for raids, instead of inviting new players along, as I won't be pigeonholed.

I feel like I've waited years for casting clerics to get something. It's also rather sad that as a offensive caster, it is more powerful for me to run in Shiradi or Magister and twist in some Draconic stuff, or Sense Weakness, and not run in the "intended" destiny for my class--don't get me wrong, I love that we can run in any destiny...but, I feel that cleric domains should give us some of the same casting powers.
    Last edited by moops; 04-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

I play Cleric as my main and from day 1 of DDO.

Fast Comment :

Why healing aura need 42 AP to get it ? It was at the beginning lvl 6 , it was correctly fixed to lvl 12 , now why you created it as last tier 5? If you get the aura you cant get any other tier 5 ability from other class trees . It is actually a downgrade/nerf cause of its cost. Its not so powerful to have at last tier it should be tier 3 tier 2 or it should be on core abilities .

Plus where is warpriest? Why clerics are only Heal bots now ?

In summary of my first look the enchantments look weak and to costly , very bad implementation.

PS: More detailed review later
    Last edited by Deamus; 04-11-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Typos
    One Monk To Gimp Them All
    Europe Devourer Beta Player
    Arise Founder
    Daemus, Daemons, Daemonicus Thelanis Server

Default Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by clkpacker View Post
    +1 to whomever took these. Thank you.
    Character Compendium

Default General reaction

• Seeing a lot of spells (i.e. close wounds, resist energy) cropping up as enhancements. I am guessing that isn't followed by new spells in our spellbook.
      Are they going to be considered SLAs with a fixed mana cost that are affected by Metas? If that's the case, I can see something to be excited about in terms of having a low cost quick healing SLA during heroic levels. I'd have loved to see a light-based Radiant Servant SLA.
    • The ally protection enhancements seem pretty cool.
    • The lack of Warpriest enhancements right now suggest to me that the devs are taking their time with offensive capabilities. That's fine, but I hope that they are truly worthwhile as I expect many others (including myself) are looking forward to Warpriest the most. That's the impression I get in-game and on the forums, at least.
    • Some of the abilities, particularly the radiant aura, appear to have quite a high cost. I'd urge devs to think about how much things cost now and how much they'll cost in the future and then adjust the power of each skill. If it takes me X amount of AP to qualify for a radiant aura now and 2X AP to qualify for it after the pass, I expect it to be at least 2 times better than it is now.
    • Some of the new abilities involving counting heals (every fifth heal, etc) may feel micromanagey to some, but I feel it's a really nice step in the direction of making healing a more active and aware playstyle, kind of the way monks feel more energetic in playstyle than barbarians.
    • Quick note on Martyrdom: if the ability as I understand it is--cost=death+4 turns for healing 250 HP+divine cleansing on allies... that is not a powerful enough effect for the cost. Death is a pretty big deal in PnP, and although DDO has watered it down to almost nothing, it's still a meaningful detriment to most players nowadays to lose all their ship buffs and potentially be put out of action for quite a while or even wipe the quest. I'd be more apt to consider the ability if it were more like: Cost=cleric death, Gain=Unyielding Sovereignty on all allies + small heal over time effect. I mean, really--expending four turns and your life just to gain a modestly-sized mass heal and divine healing on the party is not a tactically viable decision. It seems more like a costly silver lining to playing poorly.
    Last edited by SealedInSong; 04-11-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: formatting
    Character Compendium

A quick note on Spell Points and Spell Pen. The elven arcanum line no longer seems to be wizard only. 100 spell points and 3 spell pen for much less AP than before. Had you considered elf (helf?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quick note on Martyrdom: if the ability as I understand it is--cost=death+4 turns for healing 250 HP+divine cleansing on allies... that is not a powerful enough effect for the cost. Death is a pretty big deal in PnP, and although DDO has watered it down to almost nothing, it's still a meaningful detriment to most players nowadays to lose all their ship buffs and potentially be put out of action for quite a while or even wipe the quest.
    It also will cost 4 turns off your pool when you get auto-killed after Shroud part 4.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

DC clerics are already marginalized on live. This first look at the enhancement pass seems to indicate that DC clerics are intended to be phased out completely. Sad panda.

I just have to ask - what were you guys thinking?

EDIT: Removed, ranting was uncalled for.
    Last edited by Pewf; 04-11-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Pewf - Koeta

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast