Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the enhancements are working... I think the half-orc racial enhancement line is one of the BEST (if you use THF)... This is my opinion after the costs have been lowered...

Fairly cheap to get to Brutality now... Only takes 19 AP...

You get +2 to STR
    +4 to hit/+6 damage along the way... (not currently working I don't think)
    Improved Power Attack II

Are those not enhancements that a THF fighter or barb would want?

And then Brutality (20% DPS on stunned opponents - has anyone determined if this stacks with Sense Weakness?)

You do have to utterly waste 2 AP on the orcish fury nonsense, but it's only 2 AP...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    My STR is 42 (+16)... Using a two-handed weapon, that is doubled, so +32 damage.
    Nope. Its 1.5x your STR-mod, not double.

+16 one-handed becomes +24 two-handed base damage bonus.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    Nope. Its 1.5x your STR-mod, not double.

+16 one-handed becomes +24 two-handed base damage bonus.
    Whoops... this is correct... so maybe the enhancement is working afterall...

I will do some more tests tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Did some testing in Kings Forest against some random drow. I used a +6 epic falchion 2[2d4] = 10-22 damage.

My STR is 42 (+16)... Using a two-handed weapon, that is doubled, so +32 damage. I was not raged or using Power Attack.

I have all four Orcish Weapon Training enhancements which should give me +6 damage with two-handed weapons.

My first number damage ranged from 42-54, which is exactly the 10-22 + 32... It looks like the +6 damage from the enhancements is not applying. It should been impossible for me to do 42 damage if I had the full +38 on a 10-22 damage roll.

I did bug report this...
    That's not right its times 1.5 not 2 so your correct range should be 40-52
    10-24 Weapon
    + 24 (16*1.5)
    + 6
    Last edited by Grailhawk; 07-31-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Default Who thought Orcish Fury would make a great racial core ability?

First of all, Orcish Fury is a morale bonus. That means that it doesn't stack with Barbarian Rage or the Rage spell, either of which are easily available to half-orcs, who are often used in barbarian and melee bard builds. Not to mention Rage is a very common party buff. Oh, and Primal Scream in epic levels.

Secondly, being below 50% hp is a very transitory state in DDO's real-time combat system. Either the character below 50% is going to be healed, or that character is soon going to drop below 0%. This means that even if morale bonuses to strength are not available to the half-orc character, the character is unlikely to get any benefit from Orcish Fury for more than a few seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12