Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by FalexiaSutter View Post
    Can anyone on Lam confirm what happens with bow strength? Seen this question twice now and still unanswered.

With Grace and Bow Strength does damage stack?
    Damage does not stack with Grace and Bow Strength.

There's a bug with Grace (and Ninja Training II) where DEX is used for damage even if you have Bow Strength and STR is higher than DEX.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Damage does not stack with Grace and Bow Strength.

There's a bug with Grace (and Ninja Training II) where DEX is used for damage even if you have Bow Strength and STR is higher than DEX.
    So looking forward to when the bug is fixed: what *is* the intended effect if you have both? Does the higher one apply, or does one always supersede the other?

Community Member

Default Dragonmark change ?

With the existing system, the Lesser Dragonmark of Shadow feat provides Displacement and the Greater Dragonmark of Shadow feat provides Shadow Walk.

The proposed Lamannia change has this reversed, the Lesser Dragonmark of Shadow enhancement provides Shadow Walk and the Greater Dragonmark of Shadow enhancement provides Displacement. Displacement costs 5 AP more as a Greater Dragonmark and only has one use per rest instead of two.

Why was this changed? The new system provides less capability. I currently have the Lesser Dragonmark of Shadow feat on my Level 20 Rogue with the Extra Dragonmark Use IV enhancement. This provides 6 Displacement charges at 2 min 30 sec duration each. This ability along with a high Dodge is a huge benefit to my Rogue's defense. The new system only provides 4 Displacement charges, so while it frees up a feat, it provides 5 min less Displacement capability per rest while costing 5 additional AP that would be better used elsewhere.

I would like to see the proposed enhancements changed to match the current system such that
    1) Displacement is the Lesser Dragonmark ability and Shadow Walk is the Greater Dragonmark ability. (As a Lesser Dragonmark ability, Dispalcement would have 2 uses per rest.)
    2) Phiarlan Dragonmark Focus increasing to 4 extra possible uses (for an additional AP cost, of course).
    Last edited by ValidorKanston; 08-11-2013 at 08:18 PM.

OK, let me get this straight... Grace only adds DEX to damage with Aerenal/Valeaner Weapon Groups? What about using DEX as your to-hit with your weapon group?

I know the bows already use DEX for to-hit and allowing DEX for damage is great for my pure Ranger, but I was also interested in using DEX for to-hit/damage while I dual-wield Oathblades.

Since my Ranger will have 30 STR and 36 DEX its not too big a deal for me not to take Grace (although the DEX bonus to damage on my longbow would be nice).

I also heard rumor that Grace only works for melee weapons if you have Weapon Finesse... is that total BS?
    WeiQuinn (Ranger 20/Epic 8) Syris (Ranger 18/Rogue 2/Epic 8) Torsade (Fighter 17) VaConMorte (Ranger 11/Monk 9/Epic 6) Neckron (Wizard 20/Epic 1) Shandrea (Ranger 15) Ryeva (Druid 12) Longthorne (Barbarian 6)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567