Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default GH is great

Have to disagree with your GH statement.
    1) GH Pots? If you can get them let me know. Yes, there are scrolls, but my fighter UMD sucks, so I couldn't use them anyway.
    2) The Heroism Pots only last 5 minutes. This lasts for 30 minutes, and is renewable.

For my Sorc, I really didn't take anything in this tree. But for my 18Fighter/2Monk I was able to max my other trees, and have AP left over to take quite a bit in the human tree.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    1) GH Pots? If you can get them let me know. Yes, there are scrolls, but my fighter UMD sucks, so I couldn't use them anyway.
    2) The Heroism Pots only last 5 minutes. This lasts for 30 minutes, and is renewable.

For my Sorc, I really didn't take anything in this tree. But for my 18Fighter/2Monk I was able to max my other trees, and have AP left over to take quite a bit in the human tree.
    GH pots can be gotten from the revamped collectible turn ins (usable at level 1) and also as random loot and drops from breakables.

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default GH is Great, But...

...as a "Racial PrE"? Really? And you're telling me that you're OK with spending 15 AP in this tree just to get it?

OK - that's fine; to each their own. But personally, if GH is supposed to be the Human PrE, I find it lacking, especially when compared to other racial PrEs and the fact that you have to spend 15 APs IN THIS TREE just to get it.

But that's me.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Default Hate Collectables

Yes, I don't mind spending that for GH. I have a 18 Fighter/2Monk I took over, and using primarily the Human and Kensei trees (with a splash of Ninja Spy), I was able to take everything from live, and really only lost about 20HP. Almost everything else is better.

Since I solo mostly, I don't have a caster to buff me, so having GH as an SLA helps. The only drawback I have so far is the number of SLA's, I somewhat feel like my caster (a whole different story there with the enhancements) with all the clickies I have to do.

Community Member

I've been so focused on the monk enhancements that I finally realized something about the human racial enhancements that disappointed me: you don't get the full set of versatility abilities, anymore. I suppose I'm one of the few people who actually uses and likes human versatility. A small boost in skills, to-hit, damage, etc. can be really helpful in certain situations. Frankly, I really don't see why it was changed from the way it works on live. There are three tiers of Human Versatility (or was it four?), so why not keep those tiers the same in the new human racial tree, for the core human abilities, rather than making you pick and choose which one you want? Makes more sense, to me, especially as, from what I've seen of some people's posts, most people don't even go past tier 1, anyhow. It's just something they choose to get to human/greater human adaptability and the healing amp.

The heroism and greater heroism are nice abilities that I'll never be able to use, as I need as many points, as possible, to spend on my monk trees, sadly. This being said, I get GH pots for Amulets of the Lost Empire, and since I get a LOT of them just from running Epic Gianthold, I won't miss being unable to get this racial ability, all that much.

In all honesty, a lot of the new human enhancements are actually pretty nice. I hope that other classes actually get to use them, as I really can't spare that many points in the human enhancement tree, if I want to get certain useful abilities from my prestige trees.

Oh, I was able to get all three tiers of human ambidexterity, but it seems to only give me the benefit of 1 tier. I don't know if this is a cosmetic or actual, functional glitch, though.
    Power corrupts. Absolute power is really kinda neat.

Main Toon: Oryara Kenna Kanja of Khyber
    YourDDO Page: http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/khyber/Oryara/

What really sucks is the lowering of damage boost to just 20%. Obvious nerf versus the 25% human versatility damage boost provides on live today.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post

Purple Dragon Knight Comms.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Community Member

Personally I don't think any of the abilities in the racial trees should be something that can be obtained from a buff from your party mage, a potion or scroll. They should be something unique.

And if they're insistent on including greater heroism - why oh why have it on a timer, why not just have it as a permanent effect. At least that way it wouldn't be possible for it to be dispelled.

Hero

Personally I don't see much value in spending AP on an ability that's readily available on an ML9 item. Would it have been so out of place to extend the Heroism line with a "Major Heroism" buff with +6 bonuses? That would follow the +2/+4 progression from the previous abilities.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456