Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Items give you spell points.

That's not nearly as much of a pain as slotting in devotion. I tried messing around with Cocoon on my fighter but after a while I said screw it and went back to SF pots.
    You can Cannith craft devotion and a sp boost (Power, Wizardry, etc) onto the same item. Since you can only use epic destinies in epic levels, there's no need to worry about leveling the item over time.

Ring and trinket are two items you can pair this duo on. With a minimal amount of farming, you can find a slotted blank and get something else in there.

Stop expecting to be able to do everything with one toon. Front-line DPS has never been meant to have "good healing", if you will. Yes, some can do scrolls, twist in a few abilities, but don't expect it to be anything close to what a class designed to have great healing can do. The best DPS can do is increase survivability a lot (high HP, displace clickies, high Dodge, scroll usage?, etc.).

I try to just specialize in one thing and look for a balanced party. I personally think it's more fun that way and I like the teamwork.
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

Toons: Aryllia (main), Dayanmak, Devhead, Gezgin, Kutsal Ruh, Toprak

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-mo View Post
    Stop expecting to be able to do everything with one toon. Front-line DPS has never been meant to have "good healing", if you will. Yes, some can do scrolls, twist in a few abilities, but don't expect it to be anything close to what a class designed to have great healing can do. The best DPS can do is increase survivability a lot (high HP, displace clickies, high Dodge, scroll usage?, etc.).

I try to just specialize in one thing and look for a balanced party. I personally think it's more fun that way and I like the teamwork.
    Paladins have always had great self sufficiency, and when they go into Fury of the Wild, and pick up a good weapon, they instantly become a top tier class.

The Juggernaut in addition, can do it all. It does this by having good innate class healing through spells, excellent trap skills, evasion from monk levels, good saves with a pally splash, and high dps through epic destinies.

Barbarians and fighters and the like by contrast, get one thing; we get to swing a big weapon for high dps, and beg for wizards to help us CC, rogues to disarm traps, and clerics to heal us. None of them like us because we're not self sufficient. It's a nightmare to find divine casters for non raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    Paladins have always had great self sufficiency, and when they go into Fury of the Wild, and pick up a good weapon, they instantly become a top tier class.

The Juggernaut in addition, can do it all. It does this by having good innate class healing through spells, excellent trap skills, evasion from monk levels, good saves with a pally splash, and high dps through epic destinies.

Barbarians and fighters and the like by contrast, get one thing; we get to swing a big weapon for high dps, and beg for wizards to help us CC, rogues to disarm traps, and clerics to heal us. None of them like us because we're not self sufficient. It's a nightmare to find divine casters for non raid content.
    Yes...those with the better DPS get less of that. I've agreed with you already in my post. :P
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

Toons: Aryllia (main), Dayanmak, Devhead, Gezgin, Kutsal Ruh, Toprak

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-mo View Post
    Yes...those with the better DPS get less of that. I've agreed with you already in my post. :P
    You mean like those WF sorcs that pretty much define DPS? Personally, I'd settle for some class based healing amp for the classes with next to no self healing to make them seem less of a burden to those that can heal as well as getting along better with the limited healing options they do have. But the devs can't seem to figure out how to fit things together that well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234