Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Cheap hard Shamanic fetish trinket for 114.
    Get rid of useless Magewrights, move wisdom there, then Oremi/Shintao/junk ToD ring with 78 devotion, random lootgen 108 devo ring ?
    The Magewrights are on for the +5 Enhanced Concentration (I.e. stacking) when I'm playing around and want to maintain ki. With those on my ki stays at 420/420 (+0) (In other words it stays capped and doesn't fall) Do I need it to be full? No. But I like it anyway. I swap them out most of the time. Same goes for most of my gear really, I swap it around depending on what I'm doing. Oh and why would I put Wisdom on Goggles when I have it on my Sun Soul Set and +1 Exceptional slotted on my Rock Boots?

Good call on the Junk ToD ring though. I have three in my bank so I'll look into that too.

Slot only for 5 concentration ( and for no benefit, really) meh.
    Your ddo shows stalker/8wis rings, that's why I suggested that
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Slot only for 5 concentration ( and for no benefit, really) meh.
    Your ddo shows stalker/8wis rings, that's why I suggested that
    Stalker is for Manslayer and 10% Ethereal. The Wise +8 Ring of +13 Haggle is my Haggle Ring. The gear you see me in is a mix of Haggle and Healing Amp. I was testing out what my Healing Finishers would hit me for when playing around in Healing Amp mode on the ship (Turns out it's 140-150 ish non-crits, 330 ish on crits). And I'd just finished a quest and sold my junk.

Also Coccoon, some devotion on gear, Archmagi/ SP Air GS/Torc on fighter enough for every hard.
    Expect that there will be much screaming when your fighter pulls that torc.

i find cocoon and healing spring to be very useful, but I have devotion and healing amp on my toon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    The problem with this is that epic destinies like Fury and Dreadnought have made any class good melee dps; the current top tier melee build is a class with 16 levels of artificer, that relies massively on it's epic destiny for its damage. Without EDs, the Juggernaut would be solid as a solo build for sure, but it wouldn't be worth anything next to a barbarian with similar gear. Paladins are the same way. My Fury paladin is putting out less damage than my barbarian, but she can stay up and fighting forever thanks to her torc, conc op, and the like.

I'm simply annoyed that barbarians in particular are stuck in this state of worthlessness. Healing 600 hp over the course of a minute is useless. Healing 50 hp every two seconds is great, but it only lasts 8 seconds; not useful. Drinking a potion which takes up our already limited inventory spaces, tanks my saves, and makes me even more vulnerable, is ****.

I just wasn't ready for the new DDO I guess.
    It is not a good time to be a barbarian. Barbarian has had a good run as a top class, however.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Default Great idea Charononus

I've a couple of EE versions of this sitting on a bank character because I had no idea which divine characters would ever want to swap off their trinkets for this...but I never thought to put it on my monk.

Thank you.
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Expect that there will be much screaming when your fighter pulls that torc.
    I certainly wouldn't roll against blue bars on it. If I didn't have Torc on every toon ( heck my main has Epic+heroic, wizzy has 2 too ) I "might" have looted it if it dropped in my name these days.
    It was 20/40 or 60 th reward on first life as paladin long before expansion. DQ got run much more often before expansion, I have easily 250 completions across my gimps
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel666 View Post
    I'd completely forgotten about that so have a +1 as a thank you from me.

*Edit* Any idea if it drops in the chain end reward list btw? Kinda hoping it does 'cause the EN version will do as a temporary measure.
    I believe it does.

Community Member

1. Healing spring is a GREAT twist on my healing FVS. Saves me loads of mana. Does a load of healing because I have 120 devotion, sup healing lore, it really is great. I wish I could get more than 2 per rest it is that good. BTW, if you have two or three people in your party with HS twisted, that's 4-6 casts, which is a LOT of healing saving LOTS of SP.

2. Cocoon is fantastic. Ok I don't bother twisting it in on my healer (mostly because of energy sheath and brace for impact mean living through FOT and blue dragon), but for a self healing toon it just ups the bar by a lot. It really does save my FVS a lot of SP when party members are using it.

3. The epic momment in Angelic is no small boost to your healing. The key is timing it, as well as having the rest of your points in that tree spent correctly (max out the healing SP points).

In all honesty I have no complaints about any of the healing features of the present ED system, I think it is pretty good. I do wish the timer for angelic epic moment were lower and the active time longer
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I believe it does.
    Thanks again Charononus.

Community Member

This thread turned into a discussion about damage mitigation which is a different conversation. I'm still all for an ED tree designed for dedicated healers.

I would like to point out that while having 20 charisma and no paladin levels while in sentinel the light the dark ability is mass healing for 500 to 800!
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Then look at T6 of Exaulted, granted I find trying to build up a charge of 100 rather out of bounds of the rest of the ED charge time.
    No, it's 10 charges. Trivial for a FvS with the shoulder canon, a bit more of a nuisance for a Cleric.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    umm primal avatar rejuvenation cocoon is GREAT healing
    Yes... I just came to say this ^

get some heal amp, some devotion and go! be happy...
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Current ED abilities that provide a form of healing

Exalted Angel
    Tier 3 - Renewal - Costs SP, cannot be used for Self Healing as a Twist
    Tier 6 - Divine Wrath - Costs SP needs a 10 Stack of Ardor - Not Twistable
    Tier 6 - Reborn in Light - Requires a total of 100 Ardor+Ferver and has a 30 minute cooldown for 1000 HP healing

Unyielding Sentinel
    Tier 3 - Healing Hands
    Tier 4 - Light the Dark - requires the Lay on Hands ability base 150HP
    Tier 6 - Unyielding Vanguard - 5 minute cooldown and requires Unyielding Resolve stack of 200

Grandmaster of Flowers
    Tier 2 - Innate Wholeness of Spirit - Costs 30 Ki - Heal spell

Fury of the Wild
    Tier 1 - Fast Healing every 60 Seconds 6d20 HP

Shiradi Champion
    Tier 1 - Healing Spring 1d100 HP every 20 seconds for 5 minutes - As a twist there is only 1 use without the complementing abilities

Primal Avatar
    Tier 1 - Rejuvenation Cocoon - Costs SP - 150 Temporary HP lasts 9 seconds heals 5d6 every 2 seconds or until the Temporary HP are gone

My experience is that all of these are effected by positive spell power and healing amplification. Even SF potions are recommended to be used with Healing amplification to help reduce how many you need to drink in a specific time frame.

The abilities that apply a Passive healing are not instant healing abilities, but abilities you can use to restore yourself between combat.

RCs little twist of the temporary HP means to get its full effect you need to consider not getting hit for 9 seconds.

If using these abilities from ED I would work in Devotion/Ardor and as much healing amp as possible.
    Popping Tea from Shiradi Champion also full heals you when activated and provieds you fast healing for 10 seconds after the invuln period is done.

looking at the enhancements in lammania, seems like ED don't offer decent healing because divines only will be able to heal

rofl welcome to wow!!
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

So, when I saw this thread, I decided to redo my twists on Saalutaball to see what I could determine on the matter. I twisted in cocoon and ran the castle quest on the harper chain EH. Had no problem using it to keep healed up while running this quest with a 100 sp topaz in my epic spyglass. I only had 10% healing amp from the monk enhancement line and the boat buff going, so not much amp and still had no silver flame pot use in the whole quest.

This seems to me to be a good enough self healing for any melee(IMO!!)

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saaluta View Post
    So, when I saw this thread, I decided to redo my twists on Saalutaball to see what I could determine on the matter. I twisted in cocoon and ran the castle quest on the harper chain EH. Had no problem using it to keep healed up while running this quest with a 100 sp topaz in my epic spyglass. I only had 10% healing amp from the monk enhancement line and the boat buff going, so not much amp and still had no silver flame pot use in the whole quest.

This seems to me to be a good enough self healing for any melee(IMO!!)

Saal
    Try it again on EE. Most barbarians do a cycle of Supreme Cleave -> Great Cleave -> Cleave repeat until mobs are dead on less than EE. Typically it takes 2 or 3 cycles tops, during which time, we've lost 100 hp. CSW pots alone are enough on EH because everything is dead in thirty seconds. It's EE where mobs have tons of hp, tons of saves, and a ton of damage that you need fast, reliable, emergency healing.

But yes, without a doubt, I'm sure cocoon or renewal or the like is plenty for in fight healing on EH provided the player knows how to work their class properly, as I'm sure most of us on the forums do.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    Try it again on EE. Most barbarians do a cycle of Supreme Cleave -> Great Cleave -> Cleave repeat until mobs are dead on less than EE. Typically it takes 2 or 3 cycles tops, during which time, we've lost 100 hp. CSW pots alone are enough on EH because everything is dead in thirty seconds. It's EE where mobs have tons of hp, tons of saves, and a ton of damage that you need fast, reliable, emergency healing.

But yes, without a doubt, I'm sure cocoon or renewal or the like is plenty for in fight healing on EH provided the player knows how to work their class properly, as I'm sure most of us on the forums do.
    Sadly, I only had about half an hour, so figured I would do EH since I knew I could get all 4 chests and complete the quest in that time. Next time I will do it on EE and see how I fare

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast