Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Leave your Guild. Make your own house in the sky.

And start a new with you as the only member.

By the time you are level 40 you will have a nice house in the sky all to yourself.

My guild is level 36 at the moment and has taken me 2 years.

I run with renown pots from challenges and 99 percent of the time take renown for end rewards.

I have a large chest and a regular chest which I use when I TR. The extra space is great! 70 extra slots with the potential for 90. I can still by a store chest if I need it for TRing.

You want player housing!

There ya go!
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

I have considered it. Although I have a few questions.

1. How hard does guild decay hit you?

2. When guild decay does hit, is it hard to recover? Have you even been at a point that you can't keep up?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    1. How hard does guild decay hit you?
    Decay is not based on guild size at all, only on guild level. So your decay will be exactly the same as any other guild of your level's.
    2. When guild decay does hit, is it hard to recover? Have you even been at a point that you can't keep up?
    There will eventually come that time for everyone. When that happens is based entirely on how actively you play, and what you choose to do when you play. There is no decay at all before 25, so everyone can get the smallest two ships without worry. From there, most people who play a couple of hours, most days a week should be able to get to 60ish before their renown generation is less than the current state of decay. But as I said, this is also largely dependent on ~how~ you play.

For example, if you spend half an hour fussing with your inventory while waiting for a LFM to fill, you will not be generating any renown at all for that time. If you tend to run things way under your level, you will get much less renown for it. If you run many different characters on Elite Streaks, or chain TR and run Elite Streaks, then you will generate quite a lot of renown for taking on content that is over your level. It all depends quite a lot on the playstyle that you prefer.

Deciding that you would rather have your very own private 'house' in the sky rather than the companionship of in-game friends likely also limits your play style significantly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    Decay is not based on guild size at all, only on guild level. So your decay will be exactly the same as any other guild of your level's.

There will eventually come that time for everyone. When that happens is based entirely on how actively you play, and what you choose to do when you play. There is no decay at all before 25, so everyone can get the smallest two ships without worry. From there, most people who play a couple of hours, most days a week should be able to get to 60ish before their renown generation is less than the current state of decay. But as I said, this is also largely dependent on ~how~ you play.

For example, if you spend half an hour fussing with your inventory while waiting for a LFM to fill, you will not be generating any renown at all for that time. If you tend to run things way under your level, you will get much less renown for it. If you run many different characters on Elite Streaks, or chain TR and run Elite Streaks, then you will generate quite a lot of renown for taking on content that is over your level. It all depends quite a lot on the playstyle that you prefer.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am NOT a social player, I exclusively solo so I hate depending on other people to get what I want in game and if I can solo it, all the better. I would be interested in RAIDING more, but I avoid the PUG seen like the plague.
    Deciding that you would rather have your very own private 'house' in the sky rather than the companionship of in-game friends likely also limits your play style significantly.

Appreciate the effort, but was looking for more information, I already knew that what you stated, was looking more ofr a chart or formula that broke down decay by guild level so you know how much guild renown needed to farm to maintain and progress after decay hits.

I saw a post a few months back about a player who made it to level 100 solo with a few different accounts and regularly cycling through a set number of quests to farm out the guild renown from chests and so on, all low level quests using several accounts filled ith low level toons.

Apparently it can be a hell of a mind numbing grind farming out the same quests over and over again for the guild renown. IF that is what it takes to get and maintain a guild in the 70s I will just stick with my existing guild. It's not about the buffs for me (I only ever use the XP shrine 95% of the time) but all the gear I accumulated with guild slots that are BtC because of crafting.

If you have 5 other friends who play and have mules or something have them throw them in the guild to. They don't need to play those mules, but you will get max renown with 6 accounts in guild, just remind them to login the mule once a month.

Another thing those ship chests when they disappear they keep all your stuff in them, so you can bring them back whenever you want in case you want to put a different buff there.

Community Member

My casual family guild is level 27 after 2 years. 3 members with alts with not a lot of weekly playtime and we're starting to see some neat ship buffs.
    1nth

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    You want player housing!

There ya go!
    Eh, I'd still prefer if they lifted some things from LOTRO and gave us a nice Cormyrian manor house, with serfs, to store stuff and trophies in.

Quote Originally Posted by Esserbe View Post
    Eh, I'd still prefer if they lifted some things from LOTRO and gave us a nice Cormyrian manor house, with serfs, to store stuff and trophies in.
    I'm with you on that! he only thing wrong with LOTOR is the fighting system other wise it is great!!!!!!!!
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Community Member

Unless you just WANTED to have it all yourself I dont see any reason to spend 2 years to get a guild boat up to that level. The buffs arent all that yet anyway so its not much of a pay off and a whole lot of time invested.

Community Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Esserbe View Post
    with serfs, to store stuff and trophies in.
    You cant store stuff in serfs, that's just mean!

Quote Originally Posted by gradeyshane View Post
    Unless you just WANTED to have it all yourself I dont see any reason to spend 2 years to get a guild boat up to that level. The buffs arent all that yet anyway so its not much of a pay off and a whole lot of time invested.
    He didn't really care about having the buffs to himself

What he has to himself are the guild chests

by having these to himself, he gets extra storage space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Radnut View Post
    You cant store stuff in serfs, that's just mean!
    I think they get their titles changed to "mules" after that, but that may only apply when crossing borders.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    If you have 5 other friends who play and have mules or something have them throw them in the guild to. They don't need to play those mules, but you will get max renown with 6 accounts in guild, just remind them to login the mule once a month.

Another thing those ship chests when they disappear they keep all your stuff in them, so you can bring them back whenever you want in case you want to put a different buff there.
    5 F2P alt accounts would work fine. Just need to log each in once a month.

As for decay, I can't see how beating it with a +300% size bonus would be tough at any level for an everyday player. Advancing levels though could take a lot of time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gphysalis View Post
    He didn't really care about having the buffs to himself

What he has to himself are the guild chests

by having these to himself, he gets extra storage space.
    Even one chest could open up a lot of space as it makes it easy to transfer stuff to the 5 mule accounts one would want for size bonus anyway.

Default My Main and my Guild Ship.

Yes, I have 3 mules that are in my guild. All of them are my characters.

Transfering stuff from a chest, and shared bank right on the ship. It is very convenient to say the least for my Main.

There are some days where I get 20k renown, and some other where I get 3.

I am going on vacation in May for a week out of town. When I get back I will report how much renown I lost, what my guild level is and Update my first post with the info.

Once I reach level 60 the year may be 2017-18. Wow! Imagine all my guild chests! I need to look in the game and find out how many guild chests a guild can have at level 60.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

My two account solo guild really started to level bog at 50......have crept it to 54.....but is super slow post 50.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Community Member

Hi,

I started a solo guild shortly after I joined the game in June 2010.

My single account guild is level 57 now after a fair amount of daily play. My goal is to get to 62, by which time we get all of the good resist and stat boost shrines.

I don't normally use renown elixirs to improve renown gain. If you did, and used six accounts to maximise your gain, progress would be faster.

Daily decay is just below 4000 at the moment, so during the week I'm making slow progress, but the weekend adds a lot. At level 62 under the current system I think decay will be around 7000 per day, at which point I hope I can hold it.

It will be nice to get to a point where I have the good amenities, both for my own use and for other people in my groups. Not that I've ever really had any problems getting ship invites, it will just be nice not to have to ask those times I think I will actually need them and also to be able to share.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Wink Family affair

Quote Originally Posted by 1nth View Post
    My casual family guild is level 27 after 2 years. 3 members with alts with not a lot of weekly playtime and we're starting to see some neat ship buffs.
    1nth
    Two accounts 21 toons husband and wife just over a year we hit 31 today!
    Going MAdD

Community Member

I play for a few hours a week and my guild has hit lvl18 in nine months. It will be great when I get my ship (Just to have a place to call my own - no amenities.) but good lord if it isn't a chore to try to level the guild up alone.

We have a small guild too (3 actives, 3 casual, Family based)- just about to break 58. We took HUGE advantage of the Build Your Guild Event that was able to earn renown at astonishing rates if you made new accounts for your guild.
    We're hoping to "park" somewhere in the 60's to get the amenities we want.

You fellow small guilds should take a look over at the 'Guild Renown Changes' Topic under "Official Turbine Discussions" where the Large Guilds are actively trying to smother small guilds. Could use your collective voices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast