Default toning down some of the enemy spams

please put cooldown on the abilities of scorpions' burrow, phase spider phasing, devil teleport, and wraith/spetre/shadow phase out

either cooldown or remove the abilities altogether
    presently they do not really add challenge to the game for them to be spammed like crazy
    all it does is create unnecessary server and client strain
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

I thought they already made a change to them. I remember scorpions and phase spiders specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I thought they already made a change to them. I remember scorpions and phase spiders specifically.
    nope, scorpions and phase spiders still like their disappearing tricks

some of the regular "Shadow" do stay visible though (other undead still the same old same old)
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Scorpions are waaayyyy better than they were previously. They got broken at one point and we'd constantly underground.
    Vamps were just broken and "fixed" recently. Way better than they were before the fix but still a tad bit spammy with the poof.

Something just struck me as super annoying the other night but I can't remember what it is now. Something in the Druids deep pack I think.

--------
    Slightly related ,but not entirely on topic.
    What is up with the mobs trying to superglue themselves to you now? It is like they shortened their attack range to .023mm. So close that I actually have to back up and take the movement attack penalty to actually land an attack.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    What is up with the mobs trying to superglue themselves to you now? It is like they shortened their attack range to .023mm. So close that I actually have to back up and take the movement attack penalty to actually land an attack.
    Yeah, mobs are really rapey these days. It started a while ago: Jack Jabbers was always trying to get inside me during this year's Cove runs, which really sucked because apparently when a mob is half inside you, you always fail your facing check and have to be constantly backpeddling if you want to cast spells.

With the release of EGH, fighting long-reach giants that don't try to get up in my *** has been a major relief.

More on topic, I think all they did was lessen the % chance per AI update that mobs will try to use these types of special abilities. It didn't solve all problems though, because horned devils especially will still wig out and spam teleport every 0.5 seconds until dead or a workaround is employed. Using a cooldown to lock them out of these abilities seems like a good idea on the surface, but I expect the devs have considered using cooldowns before and rejected the idea for some reason (it might just break their AI entirely and result in mobs going totally brain-dead when they try to activate an ability that's on cooldown).

I remember back when the VoD and Hound raids first came out. The underground area was a lag fest due to the devils constant spamming of teleport and no noticeable aggro at all. The devils would teleport multiple times every second, multiplied by however many devils where in the area. A teleport timer was eventually added, but that was certainly a very laggy time to be attempting to play the game. It does make you thankful for the relative lack of lag these days.

I agree with the spiders, scorpions and other phasing critters like ghosts and wraiths. Put a timer of at least a few seconds between phase outs so we can get at least one swing in before the mob is gone again.

I also agree 100% with the above poster about incorporeal mobs. Please make them attack the front of me and not stand directly on top of me. It destroys immersion and makes targetting a stressful hassle.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

mmm enemy spams

Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    --------
    my theory is it is related to the spinning mob problem. they seem to practically jump into the same exact spot as you. I don't know how many times ive run up to a mob and swing when I reach it. I stop and see that I missed, when combat log didn't register anything and the mob is right on top of me. its almost like the old bug where first swing at a breakable was always a miss. when this happens you can share the same space as the mob, or at least that's what it looks like to me on my screen.

/not signed

If they bothered to fix this glaringly obvious, stupid, and annoying problem with the game, what opportunity would I have to sarcastically remark "best combat system of any MMO"?

/signed even "at will free action" was limited to once per round in PnP, put a 6 second cooldown on it.

And while were at it, ghost touch weapons should hurt phased monsters, they've phased into the ethereal plane, ghost touch extends into the ethereal plane.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)