Community Member

Default Ghost touch gear for ranged?

I was looking at Ethereal Bracers and Spectral Gloves for my archer. Glad I read carefully before buying, as those specify melee. Are there any items that let you hit incorporeal with bows, besides the obvious ghost touch bow?

Thanks.

Community Member

They may specify Melee, but they worked fine on my AA Ranger last time I used them. This was just after Motu came out.

To answer your question though, offhand I can't think of many. The main one that springs to mind for me is the level 16 version of the Ring of the Stalker from the House Canith Challenges. This also says "Your melee attacks do not roll a miss chance for Incorporeal targets." but works with Ranged.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Cloak_of_Invisibility

That is useful with a socket option as well. Will test on ranged since it says melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post
    Are there any items that let you hit incorporeal with bows, besides the obvious ghost touch bow?
    If your character is an Arcane Archer, Force and Force Burst imbued arrows will negate the incorporeal miss chance.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

Community Member

Hi,

If you can get a ring of the stalker, I'd recommend it. It's a very, very useful item.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

I've used ethereal bracers as well as items with the Ghostly enhancement to hit incorporeal creatures with no problem.

I think the Ethereal Bracers are a case where the item was changed (to work with ranged) but the description was never upgraded to reflect it.

Another option is the Dream Visor, which bypasses incorporeal, and comes in ML 12-14 and 23-25 versions.

Community Member

Thank you all for the great replies. First of all, I totally forgot that Arcane Archer force imbued arrows ignore incorporeal. Thanks for that reminder.

Regarding these items that specify melee in their descriptions but actually work for ranged too, that's frankly embarrassing that they have not fixed those descriptions yet, in my opinion. I am a perfect example of someone who would have never been interested in those items for my artificer, for example, unless you guys had pointed out the description error.

Do you guys know of any other popular gear pieces where the item description is incorrect, so that I can know about them in advance?

yup spectral gloves and ethereal bracers work with ranged, other options are any item with ghostly. My arti is capped atm and uses a pair of treads.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

My suggestion: if dealing with incorps that like to phase, drop the bow and go to melee. Trying to get a bead on them before they vanish again is pita.

Community Member

The first thing that comes to mind are the Shards of Light from Shadow Crypt: they're unbound 75% returning Ghost Touch arrows of Cure Moderate Wounds. Only get 50 at a time though.

Also when fighting incorporeals I find that Guard type effects become extra useful - it's the same principle as standing in a friendly Wall of Fire.

Also note that different tiers of Undead guard will stack

Some of the Scarab rewards from Necropolis quests have Undead Guard on unusual slots, such as on Ring or Trinket.