Community Member

Default Bracers of Wind - How do I get them?

I really want the Blur effect for my level 10 "Monkcher", and now that CC is gone the trinket is not an option. I read that if I can craft these bracers that they have the same effect?

I have done zero crafting in this game, so I'm wondering if that will hurt my ability to make them. I also have only tried one challenge before (I forget which), and died, and never tried again.

Would I be able to "farm" the ingredients I need for these with a higher level character? Wiki is rather vague on this process.

Thanks very much for your help.

You get more materials in the challenges based on the character doing them compared to the challenge level. You can farm them on a higher level character, but you'll need to run the challenges at a higher level themselves.

This isn't bad though - you may find some challenges are monk-friendly while others are wizard friendly. The materials are BTA, so there's no problem moving them around. Do note the tier 3 items from the challenges move from BTA to BTC on acquire - so be careful if you're crafting T3 to do it only on the guy you want to have them.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

When it comes to the Cannith Challenges, start by figuring out which gear you want to make; this tells you which ingredients you need and thus which challenges you need to run. E.g., for the ML:8 Bracers of Wind, you need to run Colossal Crystals, Circles of Power, and Kobold Chaos. Read the wiki about each challenge for tips on how to run them, esp. if you solo.

Ingredients are BtA, so you can farm the challenges on alts (as long as you have a shared bank to pass them thru); but note the level ranges on each challenge. You'll take a penalty to your ingredient rewards if you try to farm with an over-max-level character; but you also can't enter a challenge with a below-min-lvl char, either. This is part of what makes the challenges annoying, particularly for epic characters who have outleveled all the heroic challenges.

If you can spare the char slot, you might even want to make an alt specifically for farming challenges, such as EllisDee37's light monk build.

I have a WF Sorc I pretty much use for heroic challenge farming - at least for many/most of them.

I have to be careful though - that freak will eventually cap despite herself.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

The Blur effect, aka Blurry, probably exists more than what the wiki directly says. I can tell just by looking at that page it is out of date.

What I tend to do is use JJ's site. Now its source is every item wiki page so the wiki pages themselves for the items in question must be correct but normally the individual items are more up to date than the collection pages.

http://itemwiki.cubicleninja.com/advancedSearch.aspx

I just tell it to list "all" for a value, and go through each slot, item by item. Then when the search is done, do an in browser search for what I'm looking for. In this instance, I'd search for "blurry".

It may be possible that the ML 13 or 14 "Ring of Shadows" out of Prison of the Plains (heroic) may have blurry, but per the wiki, it is unknown.