Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Arti LTL and Rune arm Shards

I am in the process creating a 007 Arti With my first life being a Sorc, then going Arti>Arti. This Sorc life can grab the neccesary equipment for my coming Arti lives. Most people just use a bravery streak for leveling or grind specific quests. I usually make a path by checking on the recommended gear for a toon, and thus do specific quest in order to grind for the gear that I need (while still trying to maintain a bravery streak).
    Now my first question is, what are some recommendations for an arti, mainly named loot. So far I got this:
    Weapon Repeater:
    Screaming Of bleeding (ML4) --> Paralyzing (ML10) --> Doublecross (ML 16) --> Needle (Epic)
    Rune arm:
    Flicker (ML3) --> Hand of the Tomb (ML9) --> Corruption of Nature (ML 15 till epic)
    Armour:
    Blademark Docent (ML4) --> Gorgon Docent (ML8) --> Elvencraft Docent (ML10) --> Blue dragonscale (ML14) --> Flawless Blue dragonscale (Epic)
    Trinkets and other Gear:
    Since these are more of an oddball I won't make a giant list, on what to follow, instead some recommendations:
    Abishai set (ML5) -> Red fens set (ML7): Marshwalker for striding, or any set you can grab).
    After that individuel items become more imporant, Crafted goggles, Windhowler bracelets, Greensteel belt/helm.
    Cloak on invisibility is nice, slotted with resistance. The Cannith boots of propulsion. And of course the ring of the stalker. Dusk heart seems like a nice trinket, trying to farm a bloodstone is just too much of a pain. Although I don't know if it stacks with the invis cloak.

And for my other question. I didn't list many rune arms since most of the time, like non generic weapons, I tend to switch them according to the situation. However, most of them are craftable. What do you put onto this rune arms. Or in case of an augment slot, what do you put into them?

Ps. I eventually just want the set cuttroughthego posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo
    U17 Gear Setup:
    Weapon: Needle (base2.5[d12]/crit19-20x3/+7enhancement/ranged alacrity20%/3d8 bleed/attack4/planar conflux/red slotted good bypass)
    Rune Arm: Corruption of Nature (primal armor6/potency76/corrosion114/insightful int3)
    Armor: Flawless Blue Dragonscale Docent (potency80/major arcane lore/elec resistance40/blue slotted PRR14/set artifact spell power15)
    Goggles: Dream Visor (attack5/damage5/ghost touch/spot20/yellow slotted con7)
    Helm: Helm of the Blue Dragon (int8/green slotted HP35/yellow slotted exc int1/set artifact spell power15)
    Neck: GS Min2 HP mee/mep/meep (45HP/con skills6/heavy fort/protection5)
    Trinket: Planar Focus of Erudition (insightful int3/set wizardy10/set psionic spell power15)
    Cloak: Adamantine Cloak of the Dragon (universal spell power94/spell focus mastery2/stealth strike)
    Belt: GS ConOp mon/eep/eepn (blindness immunity/disease resistance6/wisdom6/diplo10/150SP/cha skills5)
    Ring Swap: Seal of House Avithoul (dex7/sneak attack5/exc sneak attack3/improved deception)
    Gloves: Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets (str7/insightful con2/heal amp30)
    Boots: Cannith Boots of Propulsion (striding30/feather fall/jump15)
    Ring: Epic Ring of the Stalker (exc sneak3/ghostly/manslayer/seeker6/colorless slotted exc con1/yellow slotted deathblock OR cha7)
    Bracers: Bracers of Twisting Shade (search20/disable20/blurry/exc seeker5/resistance7)
    Quiver: Quiver of Poison (d10 poison on ranged)
    Dog's Docent: Epic Blademark's Docent (life shield/DR5epic/contstruct fort10%/SFL/vertigo15/blue sl
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

First thing you put on is a shard of masterful craftsmanship so you can use them 2 levels lower.

I haven't really bothered with other craftings at lower levels as they tend to raise the ML.

If you cast offensively, you might consider Lightning Lore. Hit with lightening motes then a follow-up sphere and you can cause decent damage.

When you can cast Prismatic Strike I would suggest Kinetic or Sonic Lore. Or whichever compliments any item you might have of a similar nature.

I guess Impulse is generally good too, at that point, but I generally have stuff for spell power elsewhere.

Kinetic is good for when you get your BB and your Tactical Detonation.

I believe it's Major Lore that fits on a +5 Arm.

I have an Alchemical which gives superior Kinetic Lore and have found (and I know it shouldn't but nonetheless) that putting a major(?) Sonic Lore on my Toven's really makes my Prismatic Strike really effective. I see stuns and sit-downs all the time when using that combination that I don't see when using other Arm/Repeater pairs.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Kinetic is good for when you get your BB and your Tactical Detonation.

I believe it's Major Lore that fits on a +5 Arm.

I have an Alchemical which gives superior Kinetic Lore and have found (and I know it shouldn't but nonetheless) that putting a major(?) Sonic Lore on my Toven's really makes my Prismatic Strike really effective. I see stuns and sit-downs all the time when using that combination that I don't see when using other Arm/Repeater pairs.
    Note that while impulse affects both force and untyped damage (which means it works for blade barrier), kinetic lore affects force but NOT untyped damage (which means it does not affect blade barrier). Alchemical used to offer laceration lore, which did affect blade barrier, but wiki now reports that alchemical offers kinetic lore, not laceration. I have not seen confirmation of this change in game, however, so I honestly don't know what alchemical currently offers.

Also, lore has no effect on whether or not a stun from prismatic strike lands. Lore affects ONLY the damage, while the stun is affected ONLY by the spell DC.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

For your low level runearm I would strongly recommed Strinati's Hand Cannon. It has the highest charge tier at that level and it is easy to farm (although not so easy to get). It has a cool area effect too.

The only problem is that it is sometimes hard to target the exploding shot, and it keeps blowing up in front of you. I solved this by jumping when I trigger it. Necropolis I and Deleras are very easy with this one.

Willox2112

Um... Not trying to be snarky, but in my own little world "LTL" still means Light Turbolaser, so either Artys really are overpowered or I'm not sure of an acronym.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post

Also, lore has no effect on whether or not a stun from prismatic strike lands. Lore affects ONLY the damage, while the stun is affected ONLY by the spell DC.
    I know that's what people say, that's what the descriptions indicate, I know, I know, I know... But, I swear, when holding my kinetic lore repeater and with the sonic lore on the rune arm, things get stunned/knocked down more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I know that's what people say, that's what the descriptions indicate, I know, I know, I know... But, I swear, when holding my kinetic lore repeater and with the sonic lore on the rune arm, things get stunned/knocked down more often.
    That may very well be your perception, but given that it contradicts well known game mechanics, as well as everyone else's experience, you should do some testing to validate your perception. That way, in the case that you are wrong, testing will show you that your perception was inaccurate and you won't end up spreading misinformation. And if it turns out that your perceptions are proven correct through testing, then you have solid evidence to educate the rest of us about a core game mechanic. Either way, claims that fly in the face of common knowledge need evidence, not just hearsay.

@Zeronic: I also recommend Strinati's. If you can put masterful craftsmanship on it, it becomes a max charge tier 3 rune arm available at level 3.

Also, I finally added the spell list to the Dubbell O'Seven build, so you can check that out now if you want.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

@Cuttrough thanks, I was going to ask for that but it seems you read my mind.
    (Also, this toon starts on a 34 build, yours is a 36 one, which stat should I dump?
    LTL was meant to be, loot to level, because, like I said, I level up by farming for loot.
    I forgot to mention to use the minos legens. You can't miss that one till you get something more usefull.
    Are there any other equips I should farm for? Stritanies sound nice, already got a Hand of the Tomb so I got a disrupter already Thanks for all the tips btw! Keep em coming!
    Last edited by Zeronic; 04-13-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronic View Post
    @Cuttrough thanks, I was going to ask for that but it seems you read my mind.
    (Also, this toon starts on a 34 build, yours is a 36 one, which stat should I dump?
    LTL was meant to be, loot to level, because, like I said, I level up by farming for loot.
    I forgot to mention to use the minos legens. You can't miss that one till you get something more usefull.
    Are there any other equips I should farm for? Stritanies sound nice, already got a Hand of the Tomb so I got a disrupter already Thanks for all the tips btw! Keep em coming!
    You've got a few options for starting stats on a 34pt build, and what you lose really depends on the tomes you have available. Starting stats on the 36pt build are dex16, con18, int18. This allows you to get IPS and epic toughness with +3 tomes, as well as max int. +3 tomes are easy enough to get nowadays that even if you don't have them you can expect to get them eventually. If you happen to have a +4 tome in either dex or con, then you can drop that ability by 1 and still get IPS and epic toughness. Without a +4 though, you will have to make a sacrifice.

You can drop dex by 1 and lose IPS. IPS is a powerful feat, so I personally wouldn't want to lose that.

You can drop con by 1 and lose epic toughness. Epic toughness is not needed for EH and lower content. It is nice to have for EE content but also not really needed, you just have to be more careful.

You can drop int by 1 and lose 1 evocation DC. On EH and lower content this won't be very noticeable. On EE the value of your DC based spells (tactical detonation and prismatic strike) drops considerably anyway. You need to be much more selective about which targets you use them against to maximize their effectiveness. You will notice a difference on EE by losing 1 DC. Another factor to consider with lowering int is what gear you have available. Depending on the gear you have, that -1 int might actually leave you at your highest available even number anyway. So the value of dropping int depends on the content you intend to run and the gear you have. Note that if you drop int by 1 you are saving 3 build points, leaving you with an extra 1 on a 34pt build. I would probably just put that 1 point into str for more carrying capacity, but it doesn't really matter where it goes.

Personally, I would choose to lower either con or int by 1 depending on your goals.

Thinking of INT then. Since I am collecting most of my gear on this life and ALT pally anyways.
    Any other gear recommendations or is the provided list enough to reach 20?

Thinking of INT then. Since I am collecting most of my gear on this life and ALT pally anyways.
    The gear you have listed looks good. For the most part, I don't usually worry about named gear while leveling since there is not much time spent on any given heroic level. I generally just use crafted gear to keep a classes main qualities maxed during leveling.

For an arti just make sure your gear provides max str (for carrying capacity), con, int, false life, fort, resistance, SP (not even needed for most heroic levels), spell power, evocation focus, lore (maybe), and of course trap gear. Just having basic gear that keeps all of that maxed will be more than sufficient for leveling.

As far as what to craft onto the rune arms, I like to put dodge2 and mobility, which adds a total of 4% dodge. Lore is also a decent option if you don't have it elsewhere.

You definitely want an expeditious retreat clickie - it will speed up your movement when your rune arm is charging.

Does it matter if you already have a high enough striding? And against bosses I hardly move since someone else tanks. And still, if it doesn't. I rather switch boots for a short while instead of a clicky, but that's my personal opinion.
    And on another sidenote, besides the standart GH/Raise/heal scrolls that you carry, what else scrolls do you guys usually carry because of our natural high UMD?

consider expeditious retreat in the haste category(when u cast haste, u see the "u lose expeditious retreat bonus")

u can find the boots of anger in korthos, so don't worry about that lol
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Does it matter if you already have a high enough striding? And against bosses I hardly move since someone else tanks. And still, if it doesn't. I rather switch boots for a short while instead of a clicky, but that's my personal opinion.
    And on another sidenote, besides the standart GH/Raise/heal scrolls that you carry, what else scrolls do you guys usually carry because of our natural high UMD?
    Expeditious retreat does not stack with striding.

For scrolls: fire shield, displacement, break enchantment (for getting rid of enemy persistent AoE effects such as dancing balls), true seeing, resurrection, greater restoration, teleport, and reconstruct. I keep some of the rare scrolls around for occasional uses such as power word kill, ottos irrestistable dance, and energy drain, but I hardly ever use these.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 04-18-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Thank Cuttrough! And I mean I get expeditous doesn't stack with haste. But if I have 30% striding, why should I cast retreat when I am charging my rune arm? Seems like a waste of time.

Community Member

Strinati's is very good. Its a 2 min run hope you get lucky and you can buy them on AH. Thanks for the tip about jumping while shooting it.
    No mention of the 'easy to get' Lucid dreams rune arm, at lev 17 (with masterful craftmanship, runearms 2 levels lower are nice indeed). Sometimes i can 1 shot the training dummy with that.
    Be careful crafting extra's onto rune arms(unless you have 2), did it with my only hand of the tombs which is ml13 now!
    As mentioned you can craft many things onto rune arms, they are classed as trinkets in cannith crafting. Personal preference and playstyle would decide those. Your spellpower enhancements increase rune arm damage so i tend to match my runearm with that. You cannot replace(disjunct) them once crafted unless you buy something from ddo store forgot what its called.
    Also you can make some nice collars from handwraps even named 1's (upgraded stonedust handwraps/Collar) in a device workstation.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Thank Cuttrough! And I mean I get expeditous doesn't stack with haste. But if I have 30% striding, why should I cast retreat when I am charging my rune arm? Seems like a waste of time.
    Sorry. I meant to say striding, not haste. Expeditious retreat does not stack with striding.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 04-18-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Yeah, so I don't see the use of it. I have the marshwalker set wich gives me 24% striding at ML7. At lvl 11 I can grab striding 30% so I don't see the point

Yeah, so I don't see the use of it. I have the marshwalker set wich gives me 24% striding at ML7. At lvl 11 I can grab striding 30% so I don't see the point
    Expeditious retreat is useful from levels 1-6, but as psykopeta said, you can find it in Korthos. Since we are on the subject of speed boosts, make sure you have your Phiarlan Pendant of Time before you TR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast