Default Fengxan, The Flying General

Fengxan, The Flying General

I started this build a while ago as a flavor build based upon that fantastical warrior, Lu Bu. (If you ever played Dynasty Warriors, I'll give you a minute to recover from the long-instilled terror effect AI Lu Bu has left lurking in your subconcious). This is a Stick Build, using primarily Quarterstaves I've been able to wrap it up to a point where I'm hitting 1k crits on a regular basis (not in Frenzied Beserker). The main goal of this build was tanky DPS. I wanted a character that was a beast with DPS and didn't need to be babysat 24/7 to be effective. The secondary objective of the build was to emulate the fighting style of Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors (which I believe has been a great success).

Fighter 12/ Monk 6/ Rogue 2
    7 Feats Base
    + 2 Epic
    + 7 Fighter
    + 3 Monk
    ------------
    19 Feats

Power Attack
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Dodge
    Mobility
    Spring Attack
    Weapon Focus Bludgeon
    Greater Weapon Focus Bludgeon
    Weapon Specialization Bludgeon
    Greater Weapon Specialization Bludegon
    Improved Critical Bludgeon
    THF
    ITHF
    GTHF
    Overwhelming Critical
    Power Critical
    Stunning Blow
    Toughness

Seem to have misplaced two of my two feats.

Ship Buffs
    Str 42
    Dex 23
    Con 32
    Int 12
    Wis 24
    Cha 8

63 AC

HP well over 700
    Crits over 1k
    Stunning Blow DC over 50
    Power Surge
    Fighter Haste
    Monk Stances
    Centered
    Blur + Dodge + AC

I've been playing with gear, tweaking back and forth and I've become fairly content with the current set up that I have. He comes out to a semi-relevent AC of mid 60's, 150% fortification, and decent saves. Hindsight being what it is, if I could reroll I would swap the rogue levels for 2 Paladin or 7 monk, 1 druid for saves or +1[W] dice respectively.

The thing that consistantly impresses me the most about this build, is that it's a first lifer. That's right. I don't have a pile of past lifes making me awesome, its just good build synergy.

Ask any questions!
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It was causing server-crippling lag due to an issue with how much kobolds hate boxes.

Community Member

Hey, i'd like to ask:
    What skills are you raising UMD or Disable Device and Search?
    Did you take Kensai or Stalwart Defender as prestige for the fighter and maybe Ninja Spy for the monk prestige?
    Why not start taking TWF line at a low lvl and use Handwraps, they hit about the same and maybe faster than the quarterstaff, also this will make you able to take Stunning Fist which is more dc and faster cooldown than stunning blow?
    Also, at what lvls did you take each feat?

I might just make that build. Thanks.

Skills I initially raised were search and disable device for trapping. UMD was dumped due to the high number of fighter levels and the starting intelligence of Horcs (base: 6).

Prestige classes are Kensai II and Ninja Spy 1.

My rational for THF and Stunning Blow over TWF and Stunning Fist.
    1) This was a flavor build that used sticks, not fists.
    2) For this character I can get the Stunning Blow DC high enough to be relevant, Stunning Fist would not stun anything end game.
    3) Horcs have racial enhancements to the THF-style and I wanted those bonuses.
    4) TWF has a higher stat requirement and can be difficult for first life toons to squeeze in. By avoiding that I free myself from having an additional stat requirement.

Feat order is dependent on your level progression, but I'd recommend taking what has immediate effects/boons first.
    Early: Toughness, Power Attack, Cleave, Dodge, Weapon Focus/Specializations, Improved Critical Bludgeon.
    Late: Rest of it.

I believe I had a progression similar to:
    1:Rogue
    2:Fighter
    3:Fighter
    4:Monk
    5:Monk
    6:Fighter
    7:Monk
    8:Monk
    9:Fighter
    10:Monk
    11:Monk
    11-15:Fighter
    16:Rogue
    17-20: Fighter

Basically I took a level or two of monk whenever my trapping skills needed a boost, holding one level of rogue until I could use the larger amount of skillpoints to catch those two skills back up.
    Nope.
    It was causing server-crippling lag due to an issue with how much kobolds hate boxes.

Community Member

Thanks for your answer.

Also i'd like to ask a one last thing, what were your starting stats?

Thanks.

Hindsight 20/20 I'd wouldn't worry about trapping and use the following:
    For a 32 Point build:
    18 Str
    14 Dex
    16 Con
    6 Int
    14 Wis
    6 Cha
    For 28 Points just drop Dex/Wis down to 12.

I would also drop the 2 rogue levels for 1 more monk level and a druid level for the Shillelagh spell.

What I actually used would look more like
    18 Str
    10 Dex
    16 Con
    12 Int
    12 Wis
    6 Cha
    This gives 3 skillpoints/level as a fighter, enough to keep disable device at full ranks and search at halfranks. The low intelligence can make some of the traps a little difficult to find, but generally a Int item + search + heroism is enough.
    Nope.