Community Member

Default Mystical Goblets

I'm looking for the best way to obtain mystical goblets, either by running threnal... (shudder) or by some other means. First of all, do they drop anywhere besides threnal...? and if not, is there a good strategy for running threnal to get the most mystical goblets per hour?

Problem is that I would have to ask for a pass to get into threnal, but would likely run it on my epic character (who has already done the whole chain) in order to make the whole thing go by faster.

Looking for your advice =)
    Thanks

They are only in Threnal as end rewards. Luckily each part of the Threnal chain can give one, you don't have to do all 3 parts. Fastest way to get them is to run Threnal West on casual, do all 3 quests in the West for its end reward. If you don't get one abandon and rerun West until you get one.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

They drop from any of the three excavations sites in Therenial not just the big end reward list for the whole chain, so you don't have to deal with Coyle at all.

Just take the side where you run the guy up to the top and run it once or twice until the Goblet shows up.

- Ninja'ed with a vengeance
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Quote Originally Posted by aeroplanefly View Post
    I'm looking for the best way to obtain mystical goblets, either by running threnal... (shudder) or by some other means. First of all, do they drop anywhere besides threnal...? and if not, is there a good strategy for running threnal to get the most mystical goblets per hour?

Problem is that I would have to ask for a pass to get into threnal, but would likely run it on my epic character (who has already done the whole chain) in order to make the whole thing go by faster.

Looking for your advice =)
    Thanks
    Threnal only, however while you're in there you could farm up a couple end of chain items as well. Almost all were upgraded in update 17 and should still be BTA. At a minimum there's a set of wraps and a staff that are really nice, plus others depending on the classes you play. You can get the chain reward and skip Coyle.

You can get both the end of quest rewards and the end of chain rewards by following these directions from the wiki:

Addendum: To do a fast-repeat of the chain simply check your journal, if it has West, East and South listed as completed, select West and abandon it. That will reset South and West but will keep you flagged for East. Once you have completed West again, speak to Sal Danek and ask "is there more to do here" and this will open the Southern Excavation set of quests again. (Can be done with East as well, but who wants to defend Coyle for 15 mins?) Do a fast Casual run for end reward.

Edit: Fixed typo
    Last edited by eachna_gislin; 04-11-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    Almost all were upgraded in update 17 and should still be BTA. At a minimum there's a set of wraps and a staff that are really nice,...

FYI, the new Fernian wraps are a pile of dog ****; not only are they ML8 now (in comparison to no ML before), but they're btc on equip instead of bta. Absolute downgrade, gg Turbine.