Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Planning a path to forever...

I just deleted about 5 characters off my account. All my random 5-10 alts. I'm going to stick with "just" my main characters (2 static groups, 1 third life FvS, and monk working on epic destines - not exactly short here), and one character on the path to Completionist.

I will be mostly soloing, and I don't expect to ever hit my goal. I do expect to have fun going along the path though.

This post is really just for my reference and for me to keep track of my lives.

Basic Idea:
    1) Few XP Pots - I cant resist using them in a few key areas *cough* Litany of the Dead *cough*
    2) No LRs to get level in a past life.
    3) Mostly solo. Hirelings are just fine. (For me, soloing is playing in a way that random AFK's don't inconvenience other players)

Life Order:
    1. Barbarian
    2. Bard
    3. Fighter
    4. Monk
    5. Paladin
    6. Ranger
    7. Wizard
    8. Sorcerer
    9. Favored Soul
    10. Cleric
    11. Artificer
    12. Druid
    13. Rogue

I didn't choose my life order is by from which past life feat I think would help the most - none of them are that big of a help. I chose the order from many different things. I don't like playing a barb, so that's my first life. I expect to do a lot of HE's with cleric dilly and / or multiclassing to add healing to builds.

I plan on creating starting my first life on 4/7/2013. I plan on updating this post after each TR.
    Last edited by Laeelin; 04-07-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Community Member

All builds are listed as level 18 with the assumption that I'll be holding the last two levels anyway.

Life 1 (Barbarian):
    HO 15 Barbarian/2 Rogue/ 1 Fighter (Decided to be HO instead. )
    Feats: Toughness , Power Attack , Cleave , Great Cleave , IC: Slashing, THF, ITHF, GTHF
    Starting Stats: Str 20, Con 18 - all else dumped.
    Planning on running with a hireling healer all the time.
    Last edited by Laeelin; 04-08-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Community Member

Placeholder..

Community Member

Placeholder..

Community Member

So, if this is for your reference only, why is it in the Achievements forum?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    I had a similar feeling about this lol. I might be wrong but it doesnt quite fit in this section, I think.

Default A Tip

I know levels 19 and 20 can be painful but you will doing yourself a HUGE favor in the long run if you level at least ONE Epic Destiny at the end of each life.

You can easily cap 1 Destiny doing EH and EN runs for first time bonus with a few repeats that make sense XP-wise.

If you start with Barb in first life you might be tempted to take Fury of the Wild in the Primal Sphere as an ED...Instead I would encourage you to Level Shiradi to AT LEAST 4 before you TR.

This does a few things.

-Healing Spring available as a Twist when in another ED (3 levels in any ED gives 1 Fate Point)
    -3 Levels in Shiradi will let you take Primal Avatar or Fury of the Wild Anytime.
    -4 Levels in Shiradi will let you jump to the Martial Sphere and Level Legendary Dreadnaught

Next Life Level LD to 3 Which Opens up the Rest of the Martial Sphere and starts to pave the way to the rest of the Epic Destinies.

I did this myself but was on life 7 when MoTU and EDs came out. Was Wizard at the time. TRd to Druid and started my ED path with Shiradi.

Currently on Life 12, WF Planned 2Rogue/7Arti/11Ranger, Currently 2Rog/6Arti/3Ranger. Capping Primal Avatar this life.

Next Life 13, FVS and capping Exalted Angel

Life 14, Completionist life 9Monk/11 Ranger and Capping my 11th and Last Epic Destiniy Fury of the Wild

I started with so many past lives before MoTU and ED that I had to level 2 EDs during a couple lives I did Shiradi and LD in my Druid Life, GMoF and US in my Paladin Life, Magister and Draconic Incarnation in my Sorceror Life.

Leaving me with 3 EDs and 3 Lives (including the one I'm on)
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Because, according to achievements subforum rules, anyone can post any achievment, no matter how small, and no one can say anything bad about it. For example, you can post thread saying you're best DPS in game, beacue you killed aging sahuagin and anyone telling its not achievement breaks forums rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    I know levels 19 and 20 can be painful but you will doing yourself a HUGE favor in the long run if you level at least ONE Epic Destiny at the end of each life.

You can easily cap 1 Destiny doing EH and EN runs for first time bonus with a few repeats that make sense XP-wise.

If you start with Barb in first life you might be tempted to take Fury of the Wild in the Primal Sphere as an ED...Instead I would encourage you to Level Shiradi to AT LEAST 4 before you TR.

This does a few things.

-Healing Spring available as a Twist when in another ED (3 levels in any ED gives 1 Fate Point)
    -3 Levels in Shiradi will let you take Primal Avatar or Fury of the Wild Anytime.
    -4 Levels in Shiradi will let you jump to the Martial Sphere and Level Legendary Dreadnaught

Next Life Level LD to 3 Which Opens up the Rest of the Martial Sphere and starts to pave the way to the rest of the Epic Destinies.

I did this myself but was on life 7 when MoTU and EDs came out. Was Wizard at the time. TRd to Druid and started my ED path with Shiradi.

Currently on Life 12, WF Planned 2Rogue/7Arti/11Ranger, Currently 2Rog/6Arti/3Ranger. Capping Primal Avatar this life.

Next Life 13, FVS and capping Exalted Angel

Life 14, Completionist life 9Monk/11 Ranger and Capping my 11th and Last Epic Destiniy Fury of the Wild

I started with so many past lives before MoTU and ED that I had to level 2 EDs during a couple lives I did Shiradi and LD in my Druid Life, GMoF and US in my Paladin Life, Magister and Draconic Incarnation in my Sorceror Life.

Leaving me with 3 EDs and 3 Lives (including the one I'm on)
    What I like:
    level up to 19, and do as many heroic quests as possible, so my XP tome is still working. After achieving enough XP to hit lvl20, all further XP goes to both commoner level and epic destiny pools (provided you had activated ED last life).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Because, according to achievements subforum rules, anyone can post any achievment, no matter how small, and no one can say anything bad about it. For example, you can post thread saying you're best DPS in game, beacue you killed aging sahuagin and anyone telling its not achievement breaks forums rules.
    What achievement is this exactly? He is not a completionist. Didn't say he is the best DPS. It's nothing I can think of worth of the achievement thread.

It's..what exactly? Does posting in the achievement forum is an achievement itself? If so, yeah lol. He even stated HIMSELF that this is just for PERSONAL reference. Basically, instead of writing it on his computer on a note page, he wrote it in the achievement forum.

What achievement is this exactly? He is not a completionist. Didn't say he is the best DPS. It's nothing I can think of worth of the achievement thread.

It's..what exactly? Does posting in the achievement forum is an achievement itself? If so, yeah lol. He even stated HIMSELF that this is just for PERSONAL reference. Basically, instead of writing it on his computer on a note page, he wrote it in the achievement forum.
    He achieved coming up with this plan.
    Lets end here, because I like my forum account

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    He achieved coming up with this plan.
    Lets end here, because I like my forum account
    Weak excuse

I will post my plan to go to Kundarak bank then Portable hole and to my Airship in this order after this quest. Hey look, I have a post in the achievement forum now!

Community Member

Umm, that's a lot of posting I didn't expect.

As far as posting it here, The blogs are about to shut down (last I heard) so they are off limits. I looked for a place to post it on the forums and didn't see one. So I thought "I know I've read a lot of these threads, where were they posted?" I did a bit of searching and this is where it found them.

Why not save it in a file on my computer? The main reason is so that I can give friends a link. If they want to know what build I used for a life or where I am at in the trip it's easy to find, and they have the current list without asking.

As far as what achievement... That's covered in the first two lines of my first post! I'm an altaholoc. Deleting so many of my characters was as hard as my last third life! Forcing myself to stick to fewer characters will be more fun in the long run, but is going to be hard to stick to. When I want to try a new interesting build I want to do it NOW, not next life

My new shorter character list is:

Banker 1
    Banker 2
    Banker 3
    Banker 4

Quest Opener

Static Group 1
    Static Group 2

22 Monk (no past lives)
    20 FvS (w/2 wizard past lives (doing ADQ2 with some friends every 3 days until I get a Torc then i'll TR again)

In the end I will be down to 3 characters that I normally play on non static group nights. Much better than my earlier 10+ counting both accounts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    Thank you, that's great advice. I will follow it on all of the builds that I enjoy. That should cap 10 by the time I hit Completionist.

Weak excuse

I will post my plan to go to Kundarak bank then Portable hole and to my Airship in this order after this quest. Hey look, I have a post in the achievement forum now!
    Gratz!
    And I finally completed korthos slayer, I'm gonna post now!

Monk power!

You need a 14th life to get the completionist feat.
    Kasik ~20 Rogue~ Fui 18/2 brb/ftr ~ Emmeryl 20 Clr Hilcias 20 Sorc
    Cool kids play on Mabar!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laeelin View Post
    All builds are listed as level 18 with the assumption that I'll be holding the last two levels anyway.

Life 1 (Barbarian):
    HO 15 Barbarian/2 Rogue/ 1 Fighter (Decided to be HO instead. )
    Feats: Toughness , Power Attack , Cleave , Great Cleave , IC: Slashing, THF, ITHF, GTHF
    Starting Stats: Str 20, Con 18 - all else dumped.
    Planning on running with a hireling healer all the time.
    You're dumping dex when going 2 rogue? Might as well go 1rog/2ftr...
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    You're dumping dex when going 2 rogue? Might as well go 1rog/2ftr...
    The two rogue is for evasion. Not that I'll have a reflex save worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeelin View Post
    The two rogue is for evasion. Not that I'll have a reflex save worth mentioning.
    why have evasion with no reflex save? may as well take more barb lvls.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast