Default Anyone could explain here which differences have the ddo high res version?

Specificly, i'd like to know if the font size are bigger, or can be set bigger in chat tabs and AH (which is really hard to read to be honest).

Thanks for reading.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

As far as I know, the only difference is that the High-Res version offers the option of more detailed textures.

That's all? No one noticed anything else?
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    I think that is all that will matter. High res textures use more video memory. They also choke up your gpu, so you would get lower framerates depending on the video card you have.

Community Member

It also eats up more hard drive space, since more pixels per inch means more information that has to be stored for the same size image. These textures are in addition to the regular resolution textures. It takes more time downloading the game client as well, as you're downloading more information.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    It also eats up more hard drive space, since more pixels per inch means more information that has to be stored for the same size image. These textures are in addition to the regular resolution textures. It takes more time downloading the game client as well, as you're downloading more information.
    Which also means that high res on slower machines will also have smaller FPS values due to more data to process.

Due to the increasing amount of lag since the last update, and my system is, somewhat, outdated... I recently switched from Hi-res to Standard, hoping to relieve some of the lag. I removed the Hi-res version and downloaded the Standard and installed.

I see no difference with the exception that the lag is now only 97% as opposed to 99%. Visually, I can't tell anything changed.
    Professional Noob.

Specificly, i'd like to know if the font size are bigger, or can be set bigger in chat tabs and AH (which is really hard to read to be honest).

Thanks for reading.
    Font size can be adjusted in the in game settings on both clients. the high rez version allows you to set the graphical detail to higher settings such as ultra.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985

Community Member

if the font size options arnt good enough then you will have to lower the screen resolution DDO is running at. this will force DDO to make a smaller picture which your computer will then have to stretch out to fill your screen. it might sound backwards, but it's easy enough to test to see for your self.

this means less space for quickbars on the screen, but bigger text and icons to read and see.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!