Community Member

Default Gianthold - Are the rares broken?

I've been to the Shavarath portal like forty times now trying to get Pride Leader Xilic. Did he move back to Shavarath and forget to change his address? He's harder to find than the Blood Stone, at this point.

It's bugged. His spawning was occasionally triggered by killing the 4 or so jariliths that are supposed to always be present at the portal. But whoever redesigned the explorer area removed those jariliths without changing the spawn condition, and as a result there is no longer any possible way to trigger Xilic to spawn.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Community Member

Default Thanks, Stanley!

Stanley, you may have saved what's left of my sanity. Much appreciated.

So now there is no way to complete Gianthold rare encounters. Very nice - if nice meant crappy.

Thanks for saving me from running out there again and again. I'm a little OCD, and the quest for Xilic was threatening to ruin my marriage.

You're welcome. I spent a lot of time farming for him too before deducing what had actually happened.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Many thanks as well!!!

I will write-off the last week of farming that last rare to youthful folly. And by youthful folly, I mean ignorance

So frustrating, but at least won't have to go there tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.