Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,522

    Default A question about class splits

    So on my mains current Ranger life I went with my own AA build.
    12Ranger/6Monk/2Arti
    AA, 10Kstars, Whirling Steel Strike and all that stuff.

    I'm currently about 60K from cap and I've been reconsidering my split.
    Looking at it I've been trying to weigh the pros/cons of the following splits
    12Ranger/6Monk/2Arti
    Gives me 1 more spell slot for Cure Moderate Wounds, which with my heal amp hits me for around 50ish without any spellpower what-so-ever.

    11Ranger/7Monk/2Arti
    Gives me Wholeness of body, which works well in between fights while soloing for topping off my HP bar without having to waste heal scrolls/pots. (does monk get an extra feat at 7 as well? Can't remember for sure..)

    11Ranger/6Monk/3Arti
    Gives me +1 UMD, Wrack construct(if I take it), and possibly a level 2 spell slot for elemental weapons?
    (Not sure what level Arti's get level 2 spells, but the scrolls for level 2 Artis spells are No UMD check for Arti level 2 soo.. )

    Really just looking for input on what you would do, or if I missed anything with these splits?
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  2. #2
    The Hatchery karl_k0ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    My AA has a 11/6/3-split.

    Thanks to UMD, CMW is not that important. The main benefit from 12 Ranger is +1 to all saves, imho. The most important level 3 ranger spell is CMW anyway, so it's not a great loss to stop at 11.

    Monk 7 only gets Wholeness of Body as a feat, and unfortunately no saves bonus at all. Apart from Void Strike II, there is no new Enhancement at monk 7.

    Arty 3 is only +1 Will (which is the one which needs the most improvement), but the Elemental weapons are a really nice damage bonus. On top of this, you get +1 UMD as an enhancement.

    I opted for more damage and being closer to the magic 39.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

  3. #3
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    My AA has a 11/6/3-split.

    Thanks to UMD, CMW is not that important. The main benefit from 12 Ranger is +1 to all saves, imho. The most important level 3 ranger spell is CMW anyway, so it's not a great loss to stop at 11.

    Monk 7 only gets Wholeness of Body as a feat, and unfortunately no saves bonus at all. Apart from Void Strike II, there is no new Enhancement at monk 7.

    Arty 3 is only +1 Will (which is the one which needs the most improvement), but the Elemental weapons are a really nice damage bonus. On top of this, you get +1 UMD as an enhancement.

    I opted for more damage and being closer to the magic 39.
    Ah okay, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well. Although I think with my current set up I probably won't need any more UMD. I'm sitting at 37 right now at level 19. lol But if it's really just a choice between CMW and Elemental weapons, I'll take the damage. I don't get hit much with this build anyways, so heal scrolls are more than enough.


    Although I would have to disagree with you. On any split that can do traps, The spell that gives you +10 to spot is amazing on any build that semi dumped spot to get all there other skills maxed.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  4. #4
    Community Member Furare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Apart from Void Strike II, there is no new Enhancement at monk 7.
    That's not true. Improved Recovery II. Whether you value that or not is your choice, but it's definitely there. :P
    Liseyda on Khyber: TR3 Elf Paladin (L18).

  5. #5
    The Hatchery karl_k0ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Although I would have to disagree with you. On any split that can do traps, The spell that gives you +10 to spot is amazing on any build that semi dumped spot to get all there other skills maxed.
    Yeah, you're right, this is a useful spell indeed. Especially on this kind of build it's doubly useful: You can see hidden mobs and shoot at them and you can spot traps better.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

  6. #6
    Community Member Bart_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Interesting... When I got my archer to level 18 she was Art1/Ranger11/Monk6 because I knew I wanted something from those levels (and eventually a ranger PL) and had not really planned ahead. Looking at benefits from taking 1-2 levels in each of the three classes, I chose to take another 2 artificer levels because I liked Elemental Weapons and the other options really didn't seem to offer anything very useful.

  7. #7
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Yeah, you're right, this is a useful spell indeed. Especially on this kind of build it's doubly useful: You can see hidden mobs and shoot at them and you can spot traps better.

    Agreed. Although I was thinking more on the side of actually finding traps before I run face first into them. lol
    Outside of Heroic quests I don't know where many of the traps are. Mainly because on my previous toons I have always had such high saves that even on EE I could usually /dance in most traps without a problem. lol

    @Bart_D:
    That's what I've been leaning towards as well. While the extra healing amp from 7Monk would be nice, it'd be overkill tbh. My heal scrolls are already hitting me for over 300 each.

    I've also been kind of annoyed that I couldn't scroll elemental weapons onto my bows. XD
    Hadn't thought of that before I TR'd so I had 2 stacks of the scrolls just collecting dust. lol
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload