Community Member Doktr_Strangelove's Avatar

Default For Trade - Draconic Soul Gem

Well our guild and some friends beat Fall of Truth on EE and I was lucky enough to get a Draconic Soul Gem which is only available in this raid on this difficulty (have you beaten it on EE yet? It was a lot of fun). I suspect this is currently one of the most rare things in game. One of my buddies exclaimed I'd set a new astral shard record on the AH but I realise I need tons of loots instead and so lets see how insane this can actually get. I got a couple of offers on the spot but I figured I should take a moment and assess some needs and man I could use a lot. With that in mind I'm looking more for quantity and possibly sacrificing quality (ie EH vs EE items).

Here's a short list of items I'm looking for and if you plan on making an offer I'd like at least one EE Dream Visor included.

EE Dream Visors (x?)
    EE/EH Blue Dragon Helms +3 Wisdom (x2)
    EE/EH Black Dragon Helm +3 Dex (x1)
    EE/EH Ivy Wraps (X2)
    EE/EH/EN Ring of the Djinn (x?)
    EE/EH Ring of Shadows (x1)
    EE Quiver of Poison (x2)
    EE/EH Intricate Field Optics +8 Wisdom (x1)
    EE/EH Death's Locket (x1)
    EE/EH Ring of the Stormreaver Prophecy (x1)
    Restored Ancient Relics (Giant, Elven)
    +4 Tomes
    Augments Lvl 20 Exceptional Stats, Lvl 24 PRR 14, 35 Hit Points, 200 Spell Points
    *any other interesting stuff that I may have forgotten or could be tempted with

I may also have a few other items kicking around that you may need so make sure to check in with things you might be looking for as well. Here's a couple things that I can think of,

EE Blue Dragon Helm +8 Int
    Drow Khopesh Vertigo 10
    various Epic Scrolls

I'm not in a huge rush but maybe in a week or two I'd like to make a decision and give people time to see the post. Send me a PM here with offers. To give you some idea I have been offered approximately 3-4 items including 1-2 Dream Visors in a single offer.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Doktr_Strangelove; 04-08-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Doktr Strangelove
    Prophets of the New Republic
    Artec, Artemysia, Artoro, Aryenne, Docktr, Doktr, Mickee, Mrarboto, Nilla, Pania, Peewpeewpeew, Rong, Sahteen, Soulglo, Zooee, Dawktor (Thelanis)

bump.
    Doktr Strangelove
    Artec, Artemysia, Artoro, Aryenne, Docktr, Doktr, Mickee, Mrarboto, Nilla, Pania, Peewpeewpeew, Rong, Sahteen, Soulglo, Zooee, Dawktor (Thelanis)

This item seems ultra rare, but also maybe not that useful. Between ship buffs and cast buffs, it doesn't really need a slot except in the case it would seem of serious "oh no" moments, thus making difficult to slot.

I respect your estimation of the item but you might have more luck moving it at a lower price. Just a suggestion.

Community Member DaysAndKnights's Avatar

I agree with Jake. Sadly, the item is more valuable for its rareness than its actual value on a build.

Before ship buffs, I used to carry 30 point resist cloaks or rings of each element on all toons that I would swap in based on quest/situation. I no longer do this.

With 40 and 50 point resists available on items, if you don't like ships, you are better off buying 4-5 loot gen superior resist items in the same slot and swapping as needed. It would only cost 100-200k plat. Pro: It gives 40 point resist vs. 30. Con: Only protects 1 element at a time vs. 4. Pro: costs a fraction of the cost. Con: uses a gear slot temporarily.

You can also use the Jeweled Cloak to easily get a 10% inherent bonus to all elemental resist. That is more beneficial in most cases than this item. And it comes with it's own slot and 20-25 spell absorptions. I know this augment doesn't tie up a slot, but how valuable is that, really?

It is cool and status-y. But useful? Not so much. I feel the same way about the True globes of Blood. Most toons only have 2-4 key stats. A +1 is only useful in rounding out an odd stat. Maybe 1-2 of your stats will be odd. The Blood is thus, only really saving you 1 colorless slot, in most cases.

Not trying to ruin your trade thread. I hope you get a deal that works for you.

Sure I put it out there because of the situational use for me, 15 toons to play with and one gem so why not see if I can round out more toons rather than just one. The usefulness depends on each situation and just like me others have their own needs in mind. Obviously this isn't an item for just anyone especially at the potential rarity price I'm suggesting but I've only listed my needs and what the market offers me dictates it's value at this particular time. I think this item is also something that would double with something like a jewel cloak because the individuals who would want and can afford this are end game players vs just people who want the absolute best things.

To me this item is for the player that wants to have the most things covered with the least slots taken with the least amount of effort needed. During a long raid your resists can run out, you can wait to engage because you're hoping someone is going to buff you (we all know how often that happens), whether you yourself have mana to buff yourself or umd high enough especially after death penalties ... all of this takes time which can be critical in doing what needs to be done and it's all about being prepared for speed of execution. Even at the very least the player that has this can run past those resist shrines on the ship that has now become a routine path of monotony. What is your time worth?
    Doktr Strangelove

Community Member

Default Most important - which instance

I think we need clarification on which instance this gem came from. If it was pulled in the 2049 instance, is there a possibility that it will in fact increase lag for the player when they slot and equip it? That would diminish the value by a big margin......

Joking aside, I really like the gem. But like others can't really link the need to the value. I think it has a value kind of like Murlynd's spoon back in the day....just something that is so rare gotta have it. Someone will pay a lot for it, probably not me though.

The true imperial blood is more useful in my mind.....by a large margin and that is something I want for all my "active" toons eventually until it is obsolete (can you say June? lmao)
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Let's just say that this is an item for those who have End Gear.
    If you don't have end gear, you don't need this item.

If you, like me any many others, planned out gear in detail to maximize your toon's potential, then this is an item you can't really do without. Just like the true globe of imperial blood.

They would both come particularly handy especially when your end gear has to include a slotless level 18 necklace and a slotless ring. (and if you wonder why, then just get off this tread, this item wasn't for you :P ).
    And they are sort of required if you would also like to cover your dump stats...

Default Traded?

Well as it turns out I believe I'm going to trade it to a friend who is going to help me with a number of things on my list which is great. There are other offers with nice items just not as applicable to what I need at the moment but I do appreciate the interest from all. Obviously, Machination, you caught me mentioning the Draconic Soul Gem in the i2049 thread as a ruse to drum up a little interest here but I don't recall what instance we completed that run on because none of our friends seem to care what instance we're in. Maybe I'll loot something super rare again sooner than later to force me to post on the forums since a year and a half between posts seems a bit long ... there seems to be a lack of civil discourse. I don't think qualifying an opinion like DaysAndKnights did by saying "Not trying to ruin your trade thread.'' actually succeeded in doing what was stated but it felt like, 'oh hey I'm going to **** on this for a second, it's still good though, but ya, clean it up yourself... I'm going over here now to mark more terroritory'.

Last edited by Doktr_Strangelove; 04-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    Doktr Strangelove

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Grats on the pull Doktr

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member DaysAndKnights's Avatar

I am surprised you took my post as being uncivilized. I posted my opinion and my supporting reasoning. Gave pros and cons. You may not agree with my opinion, but I did not come in and drop a mindless troll post in the vein of "Whatever! This item is junk. Who you trying to screw?!". In fact, that was not even my opinion.

As I stated, I think the rarity of the item is what creates the value, not the item's usefulness itself. I truly was not trying to cause trouble. I've traded with most of the regular posters in the marketplace. If you ask around, I think you will find that I have a reputation for being fair in trades and trying to make sure any deal I do is not one sided. I would also say that 90+% of the people posting trade threads are of similar mind. Looking to make fair deals, not screw someone over. I don't think Doktor was trying to get a one sided deal, either. Got nothing but respect for the guy.

Sorry to have offended.

Community Member

While I do not find it offensive, I did indeed find it trollish in nature... let's just leave it at that.

Dok, I'm glad you found someone who's going to actually help you pull loot.
    So far most of what I got was broken promises... but then again I have yet to set my foot down and pretend they hold up their part of the bargain.
    Make sure you don't let it slide! :P

Look with the lack of places to purely discuss the value of things like another forum, the marketplace itself is where that talking will take place.

It would be nice if there was another area, but there isn't. If I had started another thread called: "Let's Talk: Fair Value for Draconic Soul Gem" I feel like maybe your reaction would have been the same.

Grats! Definitely a nice item, would save a lot of time in prebuffing for me. I only wish it was a bit cheaper

Smile Grats

A person's trade thread is not the place to discuss the item's use or value (unless initiated by the OP), which would otherwise affect or hinder the item to be traded. There is a sense of etiquette that I believe we all need to remember.

Grats on your trade OP. As long as you are content with the trade, regardless if your trade was for 1 copper or 1 billion innocent souls, it's your loot to trade and your prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by DaysAndKnights View Post
    I am surprised you took my post as being uncivilized.

Sorry to have offended.
    Actually I wasn't referring to this post really as far as civility just my thoughts in general of people's comments in forums where there seems to be a lot of ugly things flung around. However, I did feel like stating your opinion on it's worth seemed overall not helpful for my goal and since I'm rarely on the forums it felt like Eckelburg9 made a point of potential lack of etiquette. I'd prefer Saaluta's or AtomicMew's comment of nice pull. I guess what bothered me about it was that I didn't come right out and demand anything other than recognizing it's rarity and made a list of things that I know I need and wanted to see just how possibly insane an item like this could go for. Jake buddy I know where you were coming from so I've always known you were a bit more pointed but I don't think you mean me any harm so I believe you when you say you meant to start a bit of a conversation about it's value. It probably didn't have to be in this particular thread though. I suppose this wouldn't be much different than any online retailer's comments section where products get 0 to 5 stars, difference is I didn't pay anyone to give it a 5 star rating when not many even have one yet, hah.
    Doktr Strangelove

Community Member

Doktr man I was just having a poke of fun. no intent to ruin your trade auction. BTW I think anyone who can pay the price does not take credence to my silly post. It was just joking and I would never try to hijack or diminish the value of a trade post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doktr_Strangelove View Post
    Obviously, Machination, you caught me mentioning the Draconic Soul Gem in the i2049 thread as a ruse to drum up a little interest here but I don't recall what instance we completed that run on because none of our friends seem to care what instance we're in.
    RTFM on Khyber