Hybrid View

Community Member

Default going for completionist

I'm going for completionist with my monk on my second monk life now doing 1 more of it also doing 3 fighter/barbarian/pally. Now I'm going to be splitting every life with 8 or 9 monk. I know what my goal is on most of my lives i need help on my druid/arti/barbarian/sorc lives as i don't see any pre's that help with monk our the class going well with monk. Now with druid i don't know it well enough unlike the others. I want to stick with a monk mix as i have gear for a monk. Now i am going 8 monk because of the damage increase. Can go 9 monk if i think improved evasion is needed. Any suggestions on these classes to mix with monk. Also every thing may change come the enhancment pass if that ever actually comes around.

So, with Barb and Bard,
    You can't do a split with monk for alignment reasons.

On the caster classes, it is usually better to go mostly caster, possibly with 2 monk for evasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

Community Member

Thanks for reminding me about the alignment stuff i totally forgot about that i would have been so mad if you hadn't reminded me thanks again

Community Member

If you dont mind goin WF you can do the Sorc life as Tukaw variant.
    1monk/pal1/1monk/1pal/rest sorc or a combination just make sure to get reconstruct.

Wiz is also easy as part monk, 1monk -> 12 wiz -> rest whatever you like, pm wraith-form or even lich.

Druid is even easier, 1monk -> 7druid (for reaving roar, you will love it) -> 1monk -> rest as you see it fit. (lawful neutral)

Arti, if you like melee more do a Juggernaut variant.
    Monk/Artie WF, selfheal wont be bad just make sure to have Maximize, with it even your repair serious will heal you well. You will love reconstruct

Also get the Rings from Cannith challenges for WF lives.

Barb i would combine with anything that can selfheal and just ignore rage or only use it when you have a babysitter.
    I would take druid and fighter and set of barb till the end as much as you can.
    something like 9druid/2fighter/9barb, use heavy armor and shield feats and druid animal form feats to get as much double strike and ppr as you can. Ignore rage.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

My next 3 lives will be fighter then the next 3 will be pally was going to do did after that the plus to hireling stats will be nice as i solo most things. Thanks for the advice. I'm actually looking forward to my cleric past life most of all made a 12/8 cleric/light monk. Made him 20 and my fist of light was healing me for 10-12hp per seeing it's nice going to do the same basic build with favored soul and pally. I do know by the time i get to my 5th life or so i will be doing things differently due to the enhancement pass

A good idea would be to vary between lifes, after grinding 3 sorc lifes I couldn't stand another casters life even if they are the easier to get, just my 2 cents.

Hoss~
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

B i have been thinking about that myself but my monk had been the only toon i don't get tired of right now one of the reasons i would love to make each life as close to monk as possable

Quote Originally Posted by randelforger View Post
    B i have been thinking about that myself but my monk had been the only toon i don't get tired of right now one of the reasons i would love to make each life as close to monk as possable
    Any time I play a new class, especially anything that can cast spells, I play it pure the first time so I can understand the class. 2 lives for druid, so one could be melee and the other could be caster.

In talking with folks tr'ing and multiclassing I sometimes see people say they hate a class but can't be specific about the reason, they just don't like it. Through further discussion, it's almost always someone trying to cram thier favorite class into a class they've never played before and ending up with a mess.

Every single class has a lot to offer, and I really enjoy playing all of then pure. The only exception is barb. Actually, it was a lot of fun for a while, but the babysitting required, especially at higher levels where it's a bit harder to solo with a hireling, got really annoying. And while masssive melee dps is fun for a while, the class is very one dimensional and for me gets boring very quickly. Fighter is very similar, but multiclasses a lot easier.

I would also recommend doing barb first, because no matter what class you p,ay next, those hit points will come in handy. Other oast lives may or may not be useful as you go, but hp is always a good thing.

Community Member

Fully understand where you are coming from about doing the spell casters pure but between the 2 servers i play on i have played all the casters pure all ready except for druid wich i still need to purchase.

Community Member

Also I plan on doing 3 barb lives and I'm not looking forward to any of them i start to get bored of the barb at about level 13 so that 1 is not going to be fun at all to me. My guess is even though i want to do 3 lives barb i will prickly only do 1