Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Default All raids need an epic option.

I would like to see all of the games raids updated to have an Epic difficulty option.

This would give new life to dead raids, and get the lvl 25s doing appropriate level challenges instead of squashing raid bosses under their boot heels without a second thought.

In the past, the Devs have occasionally tried to beef up th edifficulty of an old raid, but left it the same level.... this idea is rediculous IMO. And not fair to those who want to run the raids at level.

But giving an epic option for the capped guys to run it on fixes most of the problems with old raids no longer being a challenge for higher level characters.

Of course, the loot will have to be upgraded too.
    And not just by having shards and seals to upgrade an old one.

To keep the lvl 25 guys doing the apprprite difficulty, the loot that they desire should only be available if they do the higher difficulty setting.

Another benefit (although it may seldom be seen) is that if a lower level guy puts up an LFM for a lower difficulty setting, maybe... just maybe... the higher level guys will not feel motivated to join th elower level raid and ruin everyone's XP.

(one can dream right? )

Upgrade the Titan, and maybe people will actually buy the pack and run it.

Don't bother upgrading the flagging quest though... just the raids.

Raids are special.

Normally I am against epic overhauls of old content, but like I said, raids are special.

I see a real problem with lvl 25's doing lvl 14 (or lvl 6!!!) raids.

I want to see the lvls 25s doing appropriate content... not spoiling lower level XP... and IMO.... lower lvl fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

You don't see anything like as many Heroic Elite Von or ADQ runs these days as you used to!

WHY?

Because people are no longer afraid of running them on Epic!

Heroic Elite ADQ1 btw is Harder than Epic Normal!

Shroud and Abbot, VoD and HoX are the Raids that now have this issue {Lvl 25s killing any hope of XP even on Elite!}.

I'll /Sign to these Raids getting Epic Options now we're getting Lvls 26-28 added definitely!
    BUT they should be End-Game NOT Epic 22 or something!

HoX - Epic Elite = Lvl 28 {NO Other Epic Difficulty enabled!}
    VoD and Abbot = Epic Elite Lvl 29 {NO Other Epic difficulty enabled!}
    Shroud = Epic Elite Lvl 30 {NO Other Epic difficulty enabled!}.

Loot = END-GAME Versions of Items already in Abbot/HoX and VoD! {when I say END-GAME I mean it Devs!}.
    From Epic Shroud - No boost to Greensteel! - Come up with Something NEW!

I'd also like to see Tempest Spine, Titan and Stealer of Souls upgraded {Now is the time to finally make SoS into the Raid it always should have been!}.

BUT Leave ADQ, VoN, LoB/MA and Chronoscope as is!

ToD - With VoD and Shroud being upgraded this would have to be too BUT I'd leave it till last so as to make sure it got put at the very apex of DDO!

Community Member

/signed

While at it, boost the base level of the epic adq/von/ma/lob to 24 at least. Running a raid for a level 22 chest is terrible.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    /signed

While at it, boost the base level of the epic adq/von/ma/lob to 24 at least. Running a raid for a level 22 chest is terrible.
    E-Chronoscope - Lvl 6-8 quest on Heroic = Lvl 20-22 Epic!
    E-VoN - Lvl 10-12 Heroic = Lvl 22-24 Epic!
    E-ADQ- Lvl 13-15 Heroic = Lvl 23-25 Epic!
    E-MA - Lvl 19 Heroic Normal, 20 Heroic Hard {UH? 21 IS EPIC! - This Raid simply needs changing to be 21 on Normal so it's ACTUALLY EPIC already!
    E-LoB - Again - Change the Base Level! 21 Norm - Starter Epic Raid! {Remove the Heroic difficulties for this and MA entirely - there's no reason for them to have Heroic Difficulty settings!}

Again - This is simply another reason for the Devs to FIX the Adventure Compendium and put quests at the level that they're actually at!

Throughout the game there's quests that simply don't fit the level they've been shoehorned into - It's time Devs to FIX this!