Post Epic " White Banjo Dragon "

Abbyblabby of Sarlona Build

Might as well tell everyone what i do and why im so awesome.
    Buff ~ Heal ~ Dips ~ Fun ~ Bard

Buffed:
    Str 30
    Dex 20
    Con 44
    Int 16
    Wis 19
    Cha 44

Skill Points:
    Mainly use Concentration , Balance , Haggle , Umd , tumble(***??) , Jump

Spells:
    Main ones: Haste , Rage , Gh , Blur , Displacement , Mass Charm , Otto's Ball , Remove Curse

Enhancments:
    Extra song IV
    Inspired Attack I
    Inspired Bravery I
    Inspired Damage I
    Bard Lingering Song III
    Bard Music Of the Dead
    Spellsinger I
    Spellsinger II
    Bard Musical Prodigy
    Human Adaptabillity Cha I
    Human Adaptabillity Con I
    Human Improved Recovery I
    Racial Toughness II
    Concentration II
    Perform II
    Bard Lyric of Song II
    Bard Energy of Music IV
    Bard Song magic IV
    Bard Cha III

Helm: White Dragon Helm
    Neck: War Wizard Amulet
    Trinket:
    Cloak: Bard's Cloak
    Belt:
    Ring:
    Gloves: Gauntlets of Immortality
    Boots: Boots of Propulsion
    Ring: Signet of Shinning Sun
    Bracers: Bracers of Sun Soul
    Armor: Flawless White Dragonscales Armor *Medium*
    Goggles: Cha +8

Feats:
    Quicken
    Toughness (Able to be swapped)
    Toughness
    Cleave
    Epic Toughness
    Great Cleave
    Inspire Excellence
    Maximize
    Mental Toughness
    Power Attack

Epic Destinies: (Mains = lvl 5)
    Magister 5 •••••
    Legendary Dreadnought 5 •••••
    Draconic Incarnation 5 •••••
    Fatesinger 5 •••••
    -----------------------------
    Gmof 4 •
    Shiradi 4 •
    -----------------------------
    Unyielding Sentinel 3 •
    Primal Avatar 3 •
    Shadow Dancer 3 •
    Exalted Angel 3 •
    ----------------------------
    Fury of the Wild 0 ••
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Twists Mainly Saves
    ~ Primal Scream
    ~ Cocoon
    ~ Energy Burst
    ~ Brace for Impact (+4 Saves +40% Fortifacation)
    ~ Acrobatic (+9 Reflex)
    ~ Endless Faith
    ~ Unearthly Reactions +6 Reflex
    ~ Impregnable Mind +6 Will Save
    ~ Dragon Hide +6 Fortitude
    ~ Energy Sheathe (Elec Always)

Please give you opinion it is very welcome, that is not totally up to date.
    Sarlona: Abbyblabby Blondecure Bronlynn Flvs Maxd

Race ??

Otherwise looks fun for a Bard
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ DAVEE CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT SAVURSELV MOTION
    Proud Officer of Quantum Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by Ajthegreat7 View Post
    Spells:
    Main ones: Haste , Rage , Gh , Blur , Displacement , Mass Charm , Otto's Ball , Remove Curse

Enhancments:
    Extra song IV
    Inspired Attack I
    Inspired Bravery I
    Inspired Damage I
    Bard Lingering Song III
    Bard Music Of the Dead
    Spellsinger I
    Spellsinger II
    Bard Musical Prodigy
    Human Adaptabillity Cha I
    Human Adaptabillity Con I
    Human Improved Recovery I
    Racial Toughness II
    Concentration II
    Perform II
    Bard Lyric of Song II
    Bard Energy of Music IV
    Bard Song magic IV
    Bard Cha III

Helm: White Dragon Helm
    Neck: War Wizard Amulet
    Trinket:
    Cloak: Bard's Cloak
    Belt:
    Ring:
    Gloves: Gauntlets of Immortality
    Boots: Boots of Propulsion
    Ring: Signet of Shinning Sun
    Bracers: Bracers of Sun Soul
    Armor: Flawless White Dragonscales Armor *Medium*
    Goggles: Cha +8

Feats:
    Quicken
    Toughness (Able to be swapped)
    Toughness
    Cleave
    Epic Toughness
    Great Cleave
    Inspire Excellence
    Maximize
    Mental Toughness
    Power Attack
    Any specific attachment mental toughness? You already qualify for spellsinger with Maximize. Maybe dump a toughness and mental toughness for improved and overwhelming crit or something.

Lingering song 4>Extra song 4, it saves more songs unless you use like all of them on fascinate. Yeah you need extra song to take music of the dead, but I think also being able to dump extra song 1-3 also means you save like 12 points. Then think about the number of dead in the game you can CC anyway.

Bard energy of music 4 is too expensive for 40 SP.

Perform 2...if you don't have 60-70 perform to fascinate perfectly without it, well that's sad, and if you do, then drop the enhancements.

I suggest wand/scroll mastery if you're not too cheap for heal scrolls.

Have fun.

Arrow

If you are looking for a "Fair" critique of the "Build" (a pure class anything barely qualifies for that term IMO) I would reccomend either using the Ch Planner at: www.rjcyberware.com or at the very least list:

Final HP, Final SP, Sinal Saves, Final Skills (the important ones), Top enhancements attained and more importantly Gear & Weapon Setup.

Otherwise it will be a subjective critique by all and that is a waste of everyone's time.

PS: I just looked up Abbyblabby - http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/sarlona/Abbyblabby/ and compared it for S&G to my Battle Bard

Barbarrus - http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/sarlona/Barbarrus/ and considering:

A) I don't play Bards as much,

B) I have not invested all the time I should into him because of (A),

I'd say you have a lot of work to do.

I'd be glad to look at anything I am missing from Abbyblabby and share Barbarrus info.
    Last edited by Dexxaan; 04-06-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Default Reply

I am thinking about dumping Mental Toughness / Toughness , for yes something like Overwelming.C
    But Perform Is a Required , Extra songs i take because im spellsinger i need them for Raids , I use LD not Fatesinger
    LD = 28 Songs Fatesinger = 41 Songs , If im running EE raids like to be able to SS the Healers plenty ,

Race = Human

Default Reply

Yes your bard looks pretty well built compared to mine but i believe mine can do way more than yours , you are multi- classes i see you like that alot , I can cc - heal - buff - ss - Dips , im not sure how much of that you can do? But im liking the str 44

Arrow

Some answers:

CC?

* Not what I do, EE is a pain to CC and not many Bards can CC EE's anyway, when they can, they end up being 1 trick ponies.

Heal?

* Healing Spell power (no gear swapping) 205 and EMP Healing Feat as well as Quicken which I assume you have in order to effectively Heal.

Buff:

* Warchanters FTW - Thats a Buff to a Partys DPS.... Potentially saves more mana than a Regen Song provides due to the fact Mobs drop easier, hence less healing, hence less casting....

Spellsingers are nice, but there comes a point in which if your friends are doing EE's as you say and dont have Pots or Mana-gement skills... then you are needed to cover other peoples shortcomings.... thats bad IMO.

* Perform Skill 80

DPS: Definitely the Strongest side of this Build:

* Stunning Blow (EE 80%+) +19 from 48 STR (IExcellence) + PermaRage; +15 Items +3 Dwarf +6 Leg Tactics = 53 (May be forgetting something)

* Fatesinger DPS is Very Nice, yes Leg Dread is a bit better, but at a high pricetag as you mentioned.

* As well as the DPS provided by first & Foremost: * Being able to hit! ; ITWF; Power Attack, Overwhelming Crit, Weapon Specialization, and an additional 20 STR.

* DPS comes form Dual Wielding Mornh and an Augmented Axe of Adaxus.

* I also need to TR sometime as mine is only a 32 Pt atm.

Last edited by Dexxaan; 04-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    Some answers:

CC?

* Not what I do, EE is a pain to CC and not many Bards can CC EE's anyway.
    Mine can

Buff:

* Warchanters FTW - Thats a Buff to a Partys DPS.... Potentially saves more mana than a Regen Song provides due to the fact Mobs drop easier, hence less healing, hence less casting....
    WC is still garbage.
    I'm pretty sure in EEs mobs will still hit for the same amount as they would if a SS was in group.
    The DPS increase isn't that godly. Most DPS comes from EDs now adays anyways.

Spellsingers are nice, but there comes a point in which if your friends are doing EE's as you say and dont have Pots or Mana-gement skills... then you are needed to cover other peoples shortcomings.... thats bad IMO.
    Free mana, lower spell cost, longer healing capability without potting, CC capability. Obviously bad.

My comments in red.

Edit: LD for quests and fatesinger for raids. Also Exalted Angel for healing/CC.
    Last edited by totabc; 04-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Iplaye (20 - Bard) Alinosa (20 - Barb)

Some answers:

CC?

* Not what I do, EE is a pain to CC and not many Bards can CC EE's anyway.
    ^Best CC = Bard

Heal?

* Healing Spell power (no gear swapping) 205 and EMP Healing Feat as well as Quicken which I assume you have in order to effectively Heal.
    ^Dont need any Metamagic's and still heal like a boss

Buff:

* Perform Skill 80

DPS: Definitely the Strongest side of this Build:

* Stunning Blow (EE 80%+) +19 from 48 STR (IExcellence) + PermaRage; +15 Items +3 Dwarf +6 Leg Tactics = 53 (May be forgetting something)

* Fatesinger DPS is Very Nice, yes Leg Dread is a bit better, but at a high pricetag as you mentioned.
    Garbage^ LD is alot better
    * As well as the DPS provided by first & Foremost: * Being able to hit! ; ITWF; Power Attack, Overwhelming Crit, Weapon Specialization, and an additional 20 STR.

* DPS comes form Dual Wielding Mornh and an Augmented Axe of Adaxus.
    ^garbage

* I also need to TR sometime as mine is only a 32 Pt atm.

Cant do nearly as much as me bro, your looking a little weak.

Arrow

Cant do nearly as much as me bro, your looking a little weak.

I provided the data...

You respond/provide the quoted statement.

Thats looking weak.

Iplaye .... Not comparing my neglected child Bard build to your main bro... at all.

Just trying to help the OP a bit and responding accordingly to his request.

Last edited by Dexxaan; 04-06-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks for the opinion , lol just joking. I Believe you have sweet build

Err

You're not getting 80% effectiveness on stunning blow for ee gianthold mobs with a 53 DC (if you were, my PM would be instakilling everything no-fail lol).
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

I provided the data...

You respond/provide the quoted statement.

Thats looking weak.

Iplaye .... Not comparing my neglected child Bard build to your main bro... at all.

Just trying to help the OP a bit and responding accordingly to his request.

Awh <3

Also I'd really love to know why this is in the sarlona forum and not class... I'm seriously gunna post a tutorial "How to use the forums"
    Iplaye (20 - Bard) Alinosa (20 - Barb)

I agree with totabc.

Nowdays, WC don't provide very much extra damage than Spellsinger when you look at the scope of the damage we put out with Destinies. There is a post on the forums that has all the numbers and stuff that I can't find atm.

I just solo healed an Epic Raid, unplanned, as the other Divine just went afk for the whole thing, if there was not a spell singer in the group, I would've had to use pots--esp since I didn't realize the other divine was afk at first.

But besides that--having more SP does mean taking out mobs faster
    If you look at the DPS that casters and Divines do with their spells and twists, it adds up to much more than what the WC give to melee.

And there is still content where even the +1 DC is nice.

However, I totally understand people playing what is fun for them, that is what the game is for right? Just don't bash other people's builds.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

I am thinking about dumping Mental Toughness / Toughness , for yes something like Overwelming.C
    But Perform Is a Required , Extra songs i take because im spellsinger i need them for Raids , I use LD not Fatesinger
    LD = 28 Songs Fatesinger = 41 Songs , If im running EE raids like to be able to SS the Healers plenty ,

Race = Human
    Compare:

27 songs at 200% length (basically, what would happen if you dropped extra song 4, are in LD, and get lingering song 4 and keep the capstone)- the equivalent of having 54 songs with no length boosts.

28 songs at 180% length (how you are set up now in LD)- equivalent of having 50.4 songs with no length boosts.

When you have even more songs, in fatesinger, the difference just gets bigger.

Just a simple swap from extra song 4 to lingering song 4 would give more overall time on your songs. Also, if you get anthem (which I don't see on your gear), getting back 1 song every 5 minutes is more valuable if that song lasts longer.

I see no Perform requirement to take spellsinger, and my SS has no perform enhancements.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    Err

You're not getting 80% effectiveness on stunning blow for ee gianthold mobs with a 53 DC (if you were, my PM would be instakilling everything no-fail lol).

What is your no-Fail estimate in EE Gianthold then?

What is your no-Fail estimate in EE Gianthold then?
    There have been quite a few threads on this topic, such as this one:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406114

The general concensus is that you'd need a minimum of 65 to be reliable in EE GH, a bit less for EE Tor.

Also, agree with Hex and Iplaye about Warchanters. Changed my WC to Spellsinger, never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by LafoMamone View Post
    There have been quite a few threads on this topic, such as this one:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406114

The general concensus is that you'd need a minimum of 65 to be reliable in EE GH, a bit less for EE Tor.

Also, agree with Hex and Iplaye about Warchanters. Changed my WC to Spellsinger, never looked back.
    Where 'reliable' is different from 'no-fail', mind you.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Race = Human
    Bard Spellsinger 1:
    Requires One of: Empower Spell, Heighten Spell, Maximize Spell, Mental Toughness, Spell Focus: Enchantment, ~~Magical Training, Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Requires All of: Bard Lyric of Song I, Improved Concentration II, Bard Energy of Music II, Bard Song Magic II
    Bard Spellsinger 2:
    Requires All of: Bard Spellsinger I, Bard Lyric of Song II, Bard Energy of Music III, Bard Song Magic III
    ◦ Available to Bard Level 12

Sorry about false info spellsinger does not require Perform , dump that