Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EE Trial By Fire [Multi Solo]

What is a Multi Solo you ask? It's the same person soloing an EE quest on multiple alts. There's been some talk lately about nerfing certain classes because they are too powerful and overshadow other builds for end game content. But accomplishments such as Aurora72's show that you don't have to be a FuryShot monkcher, Shiradi caster, or Juggernaut to complete EE quests solo. I also didn't want to be typecast as only being EE soloable with one particular class (my monkcher has been a favorite of late).

So, I chose Trial By Fire as a starting point, and have completed it with ranged, caster, divine, and trapper builds. As soon as my pure melees are geared out, I hope to update this with their completions.

Coercive (wizard)

Humbucking (artificer)

Incise (monk/ranger)

Tiagan (druid)

Thwart (artificer - melee)

Last edited by LawfulGood; 05-02-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Frets warchanter ¤ Incise ranger ¤ Tiagan druid ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Thwart swashbuckler ¤ Humbucking trapper ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

Nice job.

I always get stunned or something at the end boss and die. heh
    Dorian

Community Member

grats but this post kind of supports why they wants fury monkchers and the shiradi tree changed. yes you solod it on multiple toons, 3 of which used shiradi... just saying :P also archers focus is something that should really be fixed, might make people complain less about AAs

would like to see those melee completions when you get them
    Last edited by fork_aka_spoon; 04-05-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

For some reason he is more likely to put up a symbol of stunning when you kite in a line down that hallway. If you kite in tight circles he seems less likely to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Nice job.

I always get stunned or something at the end boss and die. heh
    Frets warchanter ¤ Incise ranger ¤ Tiagan druid ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Thwart swashbuckler ¤ Humbucking trapper ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Unhealer cleric

I do gravitate to those EDs because they are the path of least resistance. I don't think my wizard could have done it without a SP re-entry in another destiny. My arti probably could have done it in Fury as well, but that wouldn't have broken the cycle out of those two destinies. The monkcher could probably do it in any destiny. When I have time I may try it on an off-destiny, like Shadowdancer, Magister, or Draconic.

Quote Originally Posted by fork_aka_spoon View Post
    grats but this post kind of supports why they wants fury monkchers and the shiradi tree changed. yes you solod it on multiple toons, 3 of which used shiradi... just saying :P also archers focus is something that should really be fixed, might make people complain less about AAs

would like to see those melee completions when you get them

Community Member

Default please stop....

Quote Originally Posted by fork_aka_spoon View Post
    grats but this post kind of supports why they wants fury monkchers and the shiradi tree changed. yes you solod it on multiple toons, 3 of which used shiradi... just saying :P
    Seriously can people stop crying about Shiradi and Monkcher being OP.

They are not. They are efficient and sufficient at what they do. ANY destiny smokes eHard content. Any destiny/toon can do EElite content too, maybe not solo but all can grp EE.

However Shiradi and Monkcher builds are just efficient in the way they go about it. Also most of these guys you see boasting on the forums are multi-year vets with every bit of gear under the sun and inside knowledge of the quests - the kind of elitist players if you like.

Do I have a Shiradi Sorc - sure I do. Can I solo every bit of EE content around? Not even close as I need both gear, time, and knowledge of the quests to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie View Post
    Seriously can people stop crying about Shiradi and Monkcher being OP.

They are not. They are efficient and sufficient at what they do. ANY destiny smokes eHard content. Any destiny/toon can do EElite content too, maybe not solo but all can grp EE.

However Shiradi and Monkcher builds are just efficient in the way they go about it. Also most of these guys you see boasting on the forums are multi-year vets with every bit of gear under the sun and inside knowledge of the quests - the kind of elitist players if you like.

Do I have a Shiradi Sorc - sure I do. Can I solo every bit of EE content around? Not even close as I need both gear, time, and knowledge of the quests to do so.
    qft. It's really getting irritating now. Too many people with epeen issues stating it's
    an OP build not the player. Absolute rubbish. In EE efficiency is king especially solo.

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    qft. It's really getting irritating now. Too many people with epeen issues stating it's
    an OP build not the player. Absolute rubbish. In EE efficiency is king especially solo.
    Exactly, I'd challenge anyone that says it's the OP build to do all of the EE solos that they ignore because of the build themselves, and see how much that OP build makes it auto-win for them (here's a hint, it doesn't).

Good job, OP - this is a fun one, and those spiders are annoying (I don't really know how the end-boss is, as I've only done this once solo on EE...and got the +50% double rainbow buff...boss didn't last long :P).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

3 ranged characters beat the melee trolls and spiders. DDO AI at its best </sarcasm>

Good job OP. I like doing this kind of run too, moving around all those trolls and spiders is a nice spatial awareness test the first time around. I wouldn't do it a second time though
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Exactly, I'd challenge anyone that says it's the OP build to do all of the EE solos that they ignore because of the build themselves, and see how much that OP build makes it auto-win for them (here's a hint, it doesn't).

Good job, OP - this is a fun one, and those spiders are annoying (I don't really know how the end-boss is, as I've only done this once solo on EE...and got the +50% double rainbow buff...boss didn't last long :P).
    The only reason people like you still try to say shiradi isn't OP, is because they don't want it nerfed

If it isn't OP, go solo the same stuff u solo'd in draconic or magister and we'll talk again
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    The only reason people like you still try to say shiradi isn't OP, is because they don't want it nerfed

If it isn't OP, go solo the same stuff u solo'd in draconic or magister and we'll talk again
    Have you not seen all the melee epic elite solos people have posted on the forums? There are quite a few on youtube also. I'm not talking about monkchers either, I'm talking pure fighters etc. hack and slashing their way to victory.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

If I might interject on a subject and specific topic (Soloing Epic Elites and capped Shiradi destinies, respectively) that I have no experience with:

- I believe that the "people like you" to whom you are responding would say that Shiradi isn't overpowered simply because people choose to use it for things that this.

- Rather, many of the other EDs are somewhat underpowered (for ability sets that are supposedly Epic) and any changes should be aimed at making those weaker and less popular EDs more powerful (and some would say, therefore more fun), not at making the few working ED/builds less powerful (and probably less fun). If those EDs were more powerful, more people would achieve bigger and better things with them.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Community Member

Default Couple things

I am wondering why it is so important to make sure that a quest is soloed without reentries. If u want to have it as uber achievement, fine do it that way. Its long tedious, hence probably not as much fun. Also as caster u just have to drink a lot of pots, shiradi or not. Yes shiradi is efficient, but if u wanna hit big, u need to use more expensive stuff.

So original point in OP was, that anyone can solo an EE quest. I would agree with that given certain assumptions. You dont wanna necessarily go for reentriless completion. Why? WHO CARES????!!! U do the quest for loot for yourself or for your own fun. Do a reentriless completion once just to make urself feel good about it, maybe even brag on forums, whatever.

When I solo EEs on my sorc, I really dont give a dam about reentries. Ill nuke the shiz out of anything that comes in my way, and if I run out, I just recall and use the shrine. Why? Because I can, and I dont wanna waste pots.

Someone mentioned that shiradi casters are OP. Well.... lets think about it. You get efficiency out of it, u get to dump ur dcs as u use no save spells (IMO EE mob saves are just stupid ridiculous, its just convenient to use no save spells or things which always hit, like roids). Mathematically, shiradi dps is very very undpredictable. 7% chance to deal 1d100dmg of a random type. Well even if u spec fully in as many thing u can, u can cover 4 maximum out of like 10 dmg types... so 4 of the 7% times u hit hard. Okay, then double rainbow: 7% chance for something wierd and random. Well as regular shiradi caster I see sunbursts going off as random, couple perma fire dots and hm.... thats pretty much it that I see often that deals dmg. So compared with a caster in draconic incarnation, its hard to tell which one will deal more dmg. Shiradi is unpredictable low to high, draconic is solid reliable dmg every singe time.

Now for the epic moment. Draconic one gives you basically nada, only tried it once on my sorc, never bothered again, its just that useless. Its one of those rather useless epic moments in the ED system, takes long to charge and not a lot of benefit.

Tea: well it can give u several nice buffs if u have some decent diplo. 300HP, 10 saves, 10 stats, 75% absorb, 100PRR. These are all nice, but not a game winner, except for one. The 10 stats does in fact enable a caster to deal ridiculous amounts of dmg. BUT, how often does it occur? Well from personal experience I can tell you it is less than 20% of the time.

So u think shiradi is OP? Well let me tell u what is OP IMO. Masters blitz maybe? Anyone? What do you think about an epic "moment" that u can basically maintain forever (generally speaking)? In comparison tea lasts what, 5 min?

Anyway, I dont think shiradi is OP as some of you might, it has its pros and cons (mantle of invulnerability really hurts). Shiradi is bascially a very clever idea that some genious discovered while doing his/her ED levelling. Its something interesting you can do, just like rangers in fury ED, tanks blitzing in dreadnaught, melee utilising the avatar of nature in primal avatar etc... (I went primal avatar on my sorc for some time, it was really really fun and interesting, lots of things u can do in there).

It is something fun to play, and I dont really care whether it gets nerfed or not. If yes, ill just go back to draconic I have a solid build for, if not ill stay in it because I find no save stuff just plain convenient (something like infinite arrows on an AA, I think its kind of bs, but whatever, game is full of magic XD).

Ultimately an issue here is the lack of usability of some epic moments across the ED system. Draconic is a very nice destiny for a dps caster, but the epic moment just hands down sucks. Shiradi has some interesting dps with the epic moment being very accessible and usable.

P.S: Seems like I had a lot to say kind of veered off topic even it seems. Oh well, hopefully it makes more sense once others read it too XD

And btw, Mercureal highlights a very important point in his paragraph, its an issue that needs addressing. I think I was trying to explain the same idea, but he put it into words better
    Last edited by Benfe23; 04-14-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Have you not seen all the melee epic elite solos people have posted on the forums? There are quite a few on youtube also. I'm not talking about monkchers either, I'm talking pure fighters etc. hack and slashing their way to victory.
    Yes, and it's very impressive and kudos to those who do this BUT
    These solo's aren't done by the melee's of the shiradi sorcs
    The shiradi sorcs don't solo stuff on their alts, they get used to easywinbutton.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benfe23 View Post
    I am wondering why it is so important to make sure that a quest is soloed without reentries. If u want to have it as uber achievement, fine do it that way. Its long tedious, hence probably not as much fun. Also as caster u just have to drink a lot of pots, shiradi or not. Yes shiradi is efficient, but if u wanna hit big, u need to use more expensive stuff.

So original point in OP was, that anyone can solo an EE quest. I would agree with that given certain assumptions. You dont wanna necessarily go for reentriless completion. Why? WHO CARES????!!! U do the quest for loot for yourself or for your own fun. Do a reentriless completion once just to make urself feel good about it, maybe even brag on forums, whatever.

When I solo EEs on my sorc, I really dont give a dam about reentries. Ill nuke the shiz out of anything that comes in my way, and if I run out, I just recall and use the shrine. Why? Because I can, and I dont wanna waste pots.

Someone mentioned that shiradi casters are OP. Well.... lets think about it. You get efficiency out of it, u get to dump ur dcs as u use no save spells (IMO EE mob saves are just stupid ridiculous, its just convenient to use no save spells or things which always hit, like roids). Mathematically, shiradi dps is very very undpredictable. 7% chance to deal 1d100dmg of a random type. Well even if u spec fully in as many thing u can, u can cover 4 maximum out of like 10 dmg types... so 4 of the 7% times u hit hard. Okay, then double rainbow: 7% chance for something wierd and random. Well as regular shiradi caster I see sunbursts going off as random, couple perma fire dots and hm.... thats pretty much it that I see often that deals dmg. So compared with a caster in draconic incarnation, its hard to tell which one will deal more dmg. Shiradi is unpredictable low to high, draconic is solid reliable dmg every singe time.

Now for the epic moment. Draconic one gives you basically nada, only tried it once on my sorc, never bothered again, its just that useless. Its one of those rather useless epic moments in the ED system, takes long to charge and not a lot of benefit.

Tea: well it can give u several nice buffs if u have some decent diplo. 300HP, 10 saves, 10 stats, 75% absorb, 100PRR. These are all nice, but not a game winner, except for one. The 10 stats does in fact enable a caster to deal ridiculous amounts of dmg. BUT, how often does it occur? Well from personal experience I can tell you it is less than 20% of the time.

So u think shiradi is OP? Well let me tell u what is OP IMO. Masters blitz maybe? Anyone? What do you think about an epic "moment" that u can basically maintain forever (generally speaking)? In comparison tea lasts what, 5 min?

Anyway, I dont think shiradi is OP as some of you might, it has its pros and cons (mantle of invulnerability really hurts). Shiradi is bascially a very clever idea that some genious discovered while doing his/her ED levelling. Its something interesting you can do, just like rangers in fury ED, tanks blitzing in dreadnaught, melee utilising the avatar of nature in primal avatar etc... (I went primal avatar on my sorc for some time, it was really really fun and interesting, lots of things u can do in there).

It is something fun to play, and I dont really care whether it gets nerfed or not. If yes, ill just go back to draconic I have a solid build for, if not ill stay in it because I find no save stuff just plain convenient (something like infinite arrows on an AA, I think its kind of bs, but whatever, game is full of magic XD).

Ultimately an issue here is the lack of usability of some epic moments across the ED system. Draconic is a very nice destiny for a dps caster, but the epic moment just hands down sucks. Shiradi has some interesting dps with the epic moment being very accessible and usable.

P.S: Seems like I had a lot to say kind of veered off topic even it seems. Oh well, hopefully it makes more sense once others read it too XD

And btw, Mercureal highlights a very important point in his paragraph, its an issue that needs addressing. I think I was trying to explain the same idea, but he put it into words better
    If you want to solo with re-entries? Sure. Solo what you want, how you want. But do not come post your re-enter easy epics with Shiradi, DI or whatever on the achievements forum. Exceptions being made at extreme stuff (Violations EE CiTW solo, which was, even with the re-entries, very impressive).

The problem I have with re-entering shiradi sorc solo'ers, is that they post a solo which isn't overly impressive, using a easybutton (calculate the amount of procs on one cast of chain missiles). And they want their easy solo to be considered an achievement. If people say 'it's not that hard' they start to argue all over...

As for the other 'overpowered stuffs':
    Rangers in fury: Their burst DPS is sweet, they don't have an easyhealbutton. They have no acces to CC (nerve venom//irres dance//whatsoever) apart from pin if they don't move

Primal Avatars: I know what you mean, and yes you can get a very nice DPS output but using the moment prevents you from easily healing yourself, so while in a full group it's amazing, solo it's a risk.

Blitzing tanks/monks/whtever: I have a blitzing monk, and there are 2 things that make blitz worse than shiradi sorcerers, alot worse:
    1) Switching instances in a quest completly removes your stack. In alot of dungeons, at some point one has to switch instances, even if it's just going through a door.
    2) It still requires you to get in melee range. Like, where you hit a mob, and the mob actually hits back. With a nerve venoming moving humpy sorc people sometimes forget what EE mobs can hit for.

I actually made a vid about the utility of blitz on my monk in lord of dusts. But it only helps you till the first chest, because after that you'd have to swap instances. Also, blitz isn't nearly as powerful in a group than it is solo.

Yes, and it's very impressive and kudos to those who do this BUT
    These solo's aren't done by the melee's of the shiradi sorcs
    The shiradi sorcs don't solo stuff on their alts, they get used to easywinbutton.
    That must be why myself and other shiradi sorc players never solo EEs with their other characters...oh wait, we do.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    That must be why myself and other shiradi sorc players never solo EEs with their other characters...oh wait, we do.
    Yeah, seen yer tread: Lots of deaths and re-entries all over your solo's. The few other EE solo's are the extremely easy ones. Melee FvS (slow but 'reliable' as it's extremely self-sufficient. I would say it isn't too hard to solo on it, but it's harder, and damn sure slower than shiradi sorc), monkcher (well, if u'd solo something a bit harder than what you do now it may impress me more, but again, still a lot better than shiradi sorc) and I saw the solo on your paladin which is impressive IMO, gratz

What I do is I solo quests or speedfarm several chests on a 25 monk who's only healing I generally use consists of 150 SP and a cocoon twisted in, all in dreadnaught.
    I also solo EE on a bardcher, mostly using melee except for manyshots and occasional pins cus they speed things up

Community Member

If you want to solo with re-entries? Sure. Solo what you want, how you want. But do not come post your re-enter easy epics with Shiradi, DI or whatever on the achievements forum. Exceptions being made at extreme stuff (Violations EE CiTW solo, which was, even with the re-entries, very impressive).
    Lmao, except I have not been making a million posts about EE quest soloes on shiradi, in fact I think I only posted one EE quest solo without rentries (in the official DDO records thread). I hardly consider most of the quests a challange to solo on a caster in the first place, and it seems annoying that other casters put it on forums all over the place all the time. My point with all the reentries was (that I think you have totally missed): quest soloes with reentries are not meant to be posted. U recall and use the shrine outside the quest for your own convenience so that u dont need to use pots, because ur farming for a nice item. Thats what I meant by the "who cares" part.

FYI, I have made two posts about my caster achievements: EE DQ2 solo without death and without cheese tactics, brute force style (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=413315).
    And my EE chrono solo (allbeit with reentries, but it does not matter cause bosses reset anyway once u leave their instance) (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=413706).
    Next time please take ur time investigating before you blame me for anything. (Also, my only heal clicky on my fleshy caster is rejuvenation cocoon. Last I checked its an easy tier 1 twist, and with some mana and endless faith, woot u have an infitie heal clicky even on a pure melee.)

As for blitzing... well yes I am aware that it completely resets once u change instaces. BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN U CANT BLITZ UP AGAIN! So silly of you to forget that... And as for melee range, if u go serious with blitz soloing on a pure melee, you better have some UMD for displace scrolls, or make some displace GS clickies, or 100% dodge clicky in addition to all that from shadowdancer even. Also I have seen my guildie blitzer use a bow every now and then while blitzing for ranged dps... theres another thing u forgot. U said u have a monk, how about zen archery maybe? And as for heals, see above (sf pots work pretty awesome too). Oh and lets not forget about combat feats... trip, stun, sap and whatever else there is... (again back to your bltizing monk: I assume he has good stun DC) Thats pretty dam good cc if u use it effectively and play smart by not waiding into 10 trolls that hit 300 each.

Again I reiterate that the true strength of a shiradi sorc comes from that one special tea buff which all the same lasts for 5 minutes (and one super rare 45 second buff or so that I have only seen 3 times proc so far). Blitz can be easily maintained on a proper dps melee and restarted in a fresh instance without too much trouble.

Overall, from ur reply it seems to me that u do not play a caster. I recommend you try shiradi caster in some form and see for yourself what the dps actually is without the so called uberbuff. It is about on par with DI in my personal experience.

(Maybe I should make a vid of my sorc soloing something straightforward on EE in god mode in shiradi and then in regular mode in shiradi so that u can see the actual dps difference. People on the whole seem to be having no clue whatsoever what they are talking about in relation to a shiradi caster dps.)
    Last edited by Benfe23; 04-17-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benfe23 View Post
    Lmao, except I have not been making a million posts about EE quest soloes on shiradi, in fact I think I only posted one EE quest solo without rentries (in the official DDO records thread). I hardly consider most of the quests a challange to solo on a caster in the first place, and it seems annoying that other casters put it on forums all over the place all the time. My point with all the reentries was (that I think you have totally missed): quest soloes with reentries are not meant to be posted. U recall and use the shrine outside the quest for your own convenience so that u dont need to use pots, because ur farming for a nice item. Thats what I meant by the "who cares" part.

FYI, I have made two posts about my caster achievements: EE DQ2 solo without death and without cheese tactics, brute force style (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=413315).
    And my EE chrono solo (allbeit with reentries, but it does not matter cause bosses reset anyway once u leave their instance) (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=413706).
    Next time please take ur time investigating before you blame me for anything. (Also, my only heal clicky on my fleshy caster is rejuvenation cocoon. Last I checked its an easy tier 1 twist, and with some mana and endless faith, woot u have an infitie heal clicky even on a pure melee.)

As for blitzing... well yes I am aware that it completely resets once u change instaces. BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN U CANT BLITZ UP AGAIN! So silly of you to forget that... And as for melee range, if u go serious with blitz soloing on a pure melee, you better have some UMD for displace scrolls, or make some displace GS clickies, or 100% dodge clicky in addition to all that from shadowdancer even. Also I have seen my guildie blitzer use a bow every now and then while blitzing for ranged dps... theres another thing u forgot. U said u have a monk, how about zen archery maybe? And as for heals, see above (sf pots work pretty awesome too). Oh and lets not forget about combat feats... trip, stun, sap and whatever else there is... (again back to your bltizing monk: I assume he has good stun DC) Thats pretty dam good cc if u use it effectively and play smart by not waiding into 10 trolls that hit 300 each.

Again I reiterate that the true strength of a shiradi sorc comes from that one special tea buff which all the same lasts for 5 minutes (and one super rare 45 second buff or so that I have only seen 3 times proc so far). Blitz can be easily maintained on a proper dps melee and restarted in a fresh instance without too much trouble.

Overall, from ur reply it seems to me that u do not play a caster. I recommend you try shiradi caster in some form and see for yourself what the dps actually is without the so called uberbuff. It is about on par with DI in my personal experience.

(Maybe I should make a vid of my sorc soloing something straightforward on EE in god mode in shiradi and then in regular mode in shiradi so that u can see the actual dps difference. People on the whole seem to be having no clue whatsoever what they are talking about in relation to a shiradi caster dps.)
    First of all, my reply was no personal attack towards you. In some points you're right, in others you're not.
    1) I'm a big fan of your EE chrono solo, for that it doesn't matter you are shiradi, nor does it matter that you re-enter, it's impressive anyways, same for DQ but bit less
    2) My monk is full monk, if I'd use zen archery/manyshot/10k stars I'd lower my DPS unless I'd go in fury
    3) My signature doesn't mention a caster, but abaranda. His past lifes are twice wizard and once sorcerer, so yes I have experience with casters.
    4) Can restack blitz yes, but then it's back at 0 or 1.
    5) Of course I use displacement/incorp and 25ish% dodge on my monk.
    6) Of course I stun mobs, but can only stun 1 at a time
    7) True power of shiradi isn't the tea, it's double rainbow. Tea is a very nice 'bonus' and god buff, yeah, there's a reason they call it god buff

Anyways, if you felt offended by my post, I apologise, and again, it wasn't an attack towards you

Community Member

That is more like it now, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast