Community Member

Default returning player...rogue

i decided to start up again. the game looks great , there are some new features that are nice (precision).
    im lvl 3 i have
    str 16
    dex 16
    con 12
    int 15
    wis 9
    cha 10

toughness
    and TWF

im a casual player im thinking going str baseed assasin
    but im really not

sure what i was thinking when i made this character

You should become a wizard.

DDO loves wizards.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

You can see my brief comments about DEX vs STR vs INT and a sample rogue build here.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

That's not a bad ability score split - maybe 2 lower on Con than you'd want, but that's 1 hp per level, so not significant.

I would say that Str or Int based are the two best options to consider, although the difference is really where you put your ability level-up points. And what you choose depends on how you want your character to play and whether you plan to stay pure or multiclass. If you're planning to multiclass, I'd recommend against going Int-based; the main benefit from Int is a strong Assassinate ability, but you lose a point on your DC for every non-rogue level you take.

Even if you put all of your level-up points in Strength, you can still get your trapping skills high enough to handle pretty much everything, and you can get your reflex high enough to make almost all of your saves.

If you have the patience to do some reading, there are two thread on Rogue builds I'd recommend looking over:

Rogue Master Assassin: an int based build : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=350693

Rogue MAX DPS ROGUE build(assassin 3 str build/guide) :http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352591

They're both a bit lengthy, and have a minor overly-intense-gamer flavour to them, but there is some good discussion of the merits and drawbacks of the two approaches, as well as guides to building either type along with gear suggestions.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------