Community Member

Default Might of the Abishai set Build

I have an 18 wizard I've been gathering gear for when he hits 20, and I'd like some build advice(how to rebuild the wizard around the gear, as it were. I have(or will have) a complete Epic Might of the Abishai set, an Epic Docent of the Diabolist, and an Epic Luminous Truth. Additionally I have a Concordant Opposition Greensteel necklace. The rest of his gear is going to be filled out with crafted items initially.

With this gear in mind, what is the best build for me to use? I'm definitely going pure wizard but its really the enhancement lines and the presitige enhancements that I can never really make figure.

So, what does The Internet think?

Chronosphere items don't cut it.

If you're a WF, you might be better off WF AM.

If you're a non WF, go pale and you can check out my endgame pale equipment thread.

Community Member

I dunno, the chrono stuff looks like it'll be pretty good at 20 :P

I don't actually get to end-game, all the content I actually like is right around level 20, so I'm not really trying to level after that. Just hit 20 and then play all the stuff I like to play.

And yes my wizard is currently a Warforged Archmage.

Well... that's a problem.

Cuz, if you're not talking about end game gear, it's kinda hard to recommend gear....

I.E. If you're just running, EN or EH in parties, then most any gear can do.

If you want someone to help you build an optimal gear around aishai set; it's probably not gonna happen..... or, the suggestion will just simply be random stuff people think are good at 20...

The suggestions might not contribute (be redundant) to your particular gear set.

Eventually, even just running most quest you like (assuming p.house and etc)... you'll still reach 25. Unless you TR.

Endgame WF AM gear should look something like this:

Head: Flawless blue dragonscale helm +3 insightful Int
    Goggles: Intricate Field optics +8 int
    Neck: Epic Torc of Raiyum
    Trinket: Litany of the dead
    Cloak: Mabar's Epic Night Cloak (Ghostly + Displacement grants 55% miss (1-0.5*0.9 = 0.55). )
    Armor: Flawless Blue Dragon Docent
    Belt: Epic lion headed belt
    Boots: Epic Rock boots T3
    Gloves: Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition
    Bracers: Mineral II Bracers
    2-hand Weapon: Twilight, Element of Magic
    Ring1: Master artificer ring
    Ring2: Exception Fort rand gen / crafted ring

Some views:

Master artificer ring - Probably THE ring for WF AM.

Flawless Blue Dragon Docent & Flawless blue dragon helm
    As a WF AM, you cannot use a docent of shadows... this means you'll have to find your own source of major necromancy DC.

However, not being able to use docent of shadows opens up a slot to use flawless Blue dragon docent and helm. And since your helm will cover the +3 int, your docent will cover greater spell pen 9; you are now open to take out Planar Focus Erudition for a Litany of the dead!

The additional +1 Profane int from Litany will cover a +3 major necro loss if you slot a +2 greater necromancy focus augment. Also, the artifact spell power bonus from Blue dragon docent and helm will cover the Planar focus spell power loss.

Epic lion headed belt : Why use this? the roar procs a -2 shaken to mobs. Since, your blue docent covers major arcane lore; your belt slot is open for other procs instead of a rahkir's belt / ring.

Twilight element of magic - Even at T1 this staff will cover your +3 evocation and +3 enchantment needs. Also, the +120 force damage will help your Shiradi (best caster ED) force proc dmg. At T4, you will gain another +120 elemental power of your choice and an additional +114 red augment element.

If you're missing a high nullification for this AM build, you can use the red augment for +114 or +120 stat boost.

The 2 GS I propose will cover your Heavy fort (Min II bracers), Concordant opp (Gloves), and 1-3 HP/SP elemental bonus. You might have to tinker a bit to get your fort above 100% for some endgame mobs that sunder you. I believe light fortification feat WF have will help a bit with the additional 25% fort. Pales have no problems with this as their lich form gets a stackable 100% fort already... leaving us with 200%.

You may be able to get an crafted exceptional fort ring for the ring slot, and that should cover your for the EXP fort needs.

End

As an AM, a major drawback vs pales is the missing of the "demonic life shield" procs you get from lich form and demon consorts bracers. You also cannot benefit from the "boon of undeath" effect... and you don't have a constant healing death aura.

However, your can reconstruct yourself to heal a good amount of dmg and also the master artificer's ring can proc a cl9 reconstruct on you at a 2% rate. You can also wear a Litany being free of the use of Docent of shadows. Also, due to your major arcane lore from blue dragon docent, your belt slot is free from Rahkir's and can proc a shaken effect from Epic lion headed belt (aiding your dc efforts).

Once your proc a shaken (-2 dc save) .... your DC lack for being a WF should be on par with Drow... unless the drow also procs a shaken... then you're still 1-2 behind.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 04-03-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    If you want someone to help you build an optimal gear around aishai set;
    I am not looking for help with optimal gear around the set, I am looking for how to build the character around the gear, E.G. what character build would go best with that set? What enhancements to take, what spells to focus on, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I am not looking for help with optimal gear around the set, I am looking for how to build the character around the gear, E.G. what character build would go best with that set? What enhancements to take, what spells to focus on, etc.
    You.... might regret building a character around an obsolete set.... Just saying... :O

If you want to go that path.... abishai set bonus focuses on evocation and conjuration? So, I guess those 2?

Conjuration gets pretty useless late game... in my opinion... enchantment is a better option.

Hehe... goodluck.

It's easier to change equipment than character feats... is what I'm getting at....

You spent all that effort making a lvl 20... don't you want to see him easily solo EH and overcome EE? :3

Do you know if chrono set evocation augmentation affects draconic energy burst?

I.E. a lvl 20wizard/5any with twist t4 energy burst counts as lvl 25 or 28 when casted??

thanks.
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

No idea. It might. I don't have epic abishai set to try it. I can try with a twilight staff's spell augmentation but that's different....

Albeit, some ED skills seem to be affected by item / enhancement augmentation. IE. Wild's boulder dmg and Shiradi Wild shots.

Mmmm...

Hunter, whatever else is said here, let it be known that you have both my respect and my jealousy for acquiring a full Epic Abishai set. It's one of my dream sets, obsolete or not!

If you are not a warforged, pale master gives you self-healing and is therefore awesome #1.
    If you are a warforged, the PrEs are 1a and 1b. Either is great. If you're desperate for advice, I personally prefer Necro/Conj AM.

Enhancement lines:
    -Get two elements to 7/1/1 and no further. I can't fathom a build that didn't make one of those Cold.
    -Qualify for your PrE.
    -Spell pen 3 as a warforged is expensive but almost certainly worth it.

Your gear is really a very small part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    If you are not a warforged, pale master gives you self-healing and is therefore awesome #1.
    If you are a warforged, the PrEs are 1a and 1b. Either is great. If you're desperate for advice, I personally prefer Necro/Conj AM.

Enhancement lines:
    -Get two elements to 7/1/1 and no further. I can't fathom a build that didn't make one of those Cold.
    -Qualify for your PrE.
    -Spell pen 3 as a warforged is expensive but almost certainly worth it.

Your gear is really a very small part of the equation.
    This is advice for update 12, almost 1.5 years ago.

Nowdays necro/conj is pretty useless, as the DCs aren't high enough at end game. Cold is okay, but is by no means essential. Neither is GSP as things don't have uber high SR in GH.

Also, talk about build without mentioning which destiny you want is obviously going to be extremely limited.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post

Nowdays necro/conj is pretty useless, as the DCs aren't high enough at end game. Cold is okay, but is by no means essential. Neither is GSP as things don't have uber high SR in GH.

Also, talk about build without mentioning which destiny you want is obviously going to be extremely limited.
    Hey, the villainous critical cat position is already filled on this forum.

Be careful friend..... careful....gonna get clawed up in here.

Is it worth it having torc or conc opp as an item anymore? I think that the proc rate is too low and the damage of mobs too high! Maybe items that boost hp or saves or dodge are better .

Quote Originally Posted by backandforth View Post
    Is it worth it having torc or conc opp as an item anymore? I think that the proc rate is too low and the damage of mobs too high! Maybe items that boost hp or saves or dodge are better .
    Yeah.... you definitely need a torc as a wizzy.

The proc rate for torc is NOT low. You will proc the 20-25 sp a lot.

The proc rate for conc opp is low, however; it still stacks with torc proc so is good too.

You can torc farm for sp when u need it.

I've torc/conc opp sp farmed EEs with my wizzy. You just need to get a dmg dealing archer.

On EE, archers deal around 50 dmg. As a pale, your aura will cover this dmg easily.

So, torc still viable to some mobs on EE. Not melee tho, unless u also proc a displacement, as melee mob will deal around 100-150 dmg so displacement helps to lessen that dmg till your aura heals u back up. Sp proc farming an EE melee is a lot less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post

I disagree:

The only good Conj spell with a DC is Web, and perhaps the most beautiful part of Web is you can repeatedly kite monsters through it. Being a few DCs shorter is not good, but it's not crippling.

Necro will continue to be useful as long as monster HP outpaces direct damage. (Which is to say, forever.) Certainly one Finger of Death is more appealing than one Energy Drain and one Finger of Death, but either is miles ahead of 50 Polar Rays.

Both Cold and Spell Penetration are less useful in GH, true, but GH isn't the only game in town. There are plenty of areas (not just MotU) where both are exceptionally useful. Although I was talking about the Spell Pen enhancements rather than the Spell Pen feats, since you brought it up the Spell Pen feats are excellent simply because you get so much more bang for your buck: 8 universal spell pen or 3 school-specific DC for the same number of feats? No contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by backandforth
    It is worth it, but it is also worth it to have a whole bunch of other items. ConOpp is especially worth it because you can also make it worth +45 HP that is not easy (but not impossible) to pick up elsewhere. You should have:
    -6+ Int
    -6+ Con
    -Greater+ False Life
    -Heavy+ Fort (can be accomplished with Exc. Fort item, being Warforged, or twists)
    -5+ Resistance (includes Stability)
    -An interesting consequence of the inflation in monster damage is that Concentration is less useful in more situations, but you should still almost certainly be able to squeeze a Conc enchantment in somewhere.

There aren't a ton of great caster neck items and especially with the Augment Invasion you shouldn't be pressed for slot space. Whether you want to bother grinding out the Torc is an entirely different matter, but assuming you have one it's hard to come up with a gear set where you wouldn't want to wear it.