Default Avenlight - Clerics can DPS

Hi everyone!

I present you my DPS cleric. I don't call him battlecleric because I see it as an old notation that is often negative: someone who heals only himself and not the party, while this build has a lot of aoe cures (aura and bursts in primis) and his strenght is to be able to heal the party around him without sp wastes, taking the mobs aggro and stunning/tripping them. This is an advanced build capable to be primary healer or top DPS in any EE quest depending on the ED you choose.

Here's a short vid to show you the new U19 enhancements selection, followed by a fast dps test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq3k2...ature=youtu.be
    EDIT: protection has been delated and the new warpriest is much better. Most important ranks are core2 for dr 5/-, divine might3, thoughness1, wall of steel3 (prr 10 in place of iron skin to save 3 ap) and inflame3.

Pre-U19 EE von1 vid with druid level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIxDI1sLg5A

NOTE: build changed with U19 from 1 Druid level to 1 Fighter level for obvious reasons.

Avenlight is a 17cleric/2monk/1fighter unarmed DPS.

17 Cleric: all divine spells up to lvl 9 (including melee ones like divine power/favor), strong healing aura and bursts
    2 Monk: evasion, 2 bonus feats, +3 to all saves, access to T3-4 stances
    1 Fighter: kensei bonus hit/damage with wraps, 30% haste boost, +3 action boosts

Just some number:
    - 20 turn undeads that regenerate over time for radiant aura/bursts
    - Divine Might for +10 or more insightful bonus to strenght
    - 60+ stunning fists DC
    - 8 to 11 action boosts (30% haste from kensei, 20% damage from human, inflame)
    - 6d6+50 base fists damage selfbuffed, crit 19-20/x3 (x4 in LD)
    - 21% doublestrike chance
    - 40+ all saves, 50+ in ocean4 and with twists
    - 260 (around 300 with devotion slotted on antipode) healing spellpower and 20% critical chance included in the non-weapon equipment

Avenlight, Human 17cleric/2monk/1fighter - 32 point build (34, 36 raise wisdom) - lawful neutral

STR 52 (14+5tome+7item+5primal+10insightful from Divine Might+2ship+1exc.+2human tree boost+2ed+4tenser)
    DEX 30 (14+4tome+8item+2ship-2stance+4tenser)
    CON 42 (14+5tome+7item+2insightful+2ship+5primal+3stance+ 4tenser)
    INT 16 (10+4tome+2ship)
    WIS 40 (14+5tome+7lvlup+2cleric+6item+1exceptional+3insig htful+2ship)
    CHA 30 (14+5tome+6item+3insightful+2ship) - 34 with +10 swappable item for divine might

NOTE: if you don't have access to +4/+5 tomes, +2/+3 are just fine (remember you need 17 dex for twf line).

With yugo add +2 to every stat. Earth stance for the +1 crit multiplier and prr looks like the best, Wind is good dps (21% ds) and useful for solo/no haste, Ocean for saves and dc, Fire when in GMoF.

PROGRESSION
    1 Cleric - extended, power attack (human bonus)
    2 Monk - stunning fists
    3 Cleric - empower healing
    4 Cleric
    5 Cleric
    6 Cleric - adept of forms
    7 Cleric
    8 Monk - twf (careful: take this on a monk level or you waste a feat)
    9 Cleric - quicken
    10 Cleric
    11 Cleric
    12 Cleric - itwf
    13 Cleric
    14 Cleric
    15 Fighter - gtwf (fighter bonus), ic: bludgeon
    16 Cleric
    17 Cleric
    18 Cleric - master of forms
    19 Cleric
    20 Cleric
    21 Epic - maximize
    22 Epic
    23 Epic
    24 Epic - empower
    25 Epic
    26 Epic - +20 healing spellpower
    27 Epic - grandmaster of forms OR blinding speed
    28 Epic - perfect TWF OR epic tactician

1st level cleric in needed for feat progression (monk would be better for skill points but just we can't if we want to fit in all the feats), 6cleric/1monk to open up all the good cleric enhancements and spells, 6cleric/2monk for evasion, 12cleric/2monk/1fighter for gtwf and haste boosts, then cleric up to 20.

SKILLS
    Try to max UMD and Heal, then Balance and Concentration are the most important but don't forget 1 point into Tumble and at least 10 into Jump. If you have points left spellcraft is good too but I prefered to max the (imo) most important skills.
    Invest into UMD, Heal and Concentration on cleric levels, Jump and Balance on monk/fighter levels and when you have extra points.

GEARS:
    helm: Epic mask of comedy (devotion +90, 15% healing crit chance, +6cha., good hope 3/day, Y slot: old gfl +30hp)
    googles: EH Intricate Lens with insightful wis +3 (G slot: heavy fortification: , C slot: exc. wis. +1)
    gloves: PDK gauntless (+7str., 30% healing amp, +2 ins. con.)
    bracers: Convalescence bracers of superior parring (+4 saves/ac, +20% healing amplification)
    boots: GS +10hp/+150sp concordant opposition (+6wisdom, +6 cha skills)
    neckle: Torc of prince rayum (sp regeneration) / Shintao Cord / EE Jorgundal's Collar / Skirmisher's Locket (dodge 9%, Deadly 8) / swappable cha +10 for divine might
    cloak: Deadly cloak of accuracy (or resistance) / Drow piwafwi / EE Jeweled Cloak (spell absorption 25/10day when needed)
    outfit: Spidersilk robe (+3 Insightful cha., Armor Bonus +9, Potency +72, Wizardry IX, Resistance Save +6, Concentration +15, Toughness)
    belt: Epic spare hand (+5 combat mastery, staggering blow, riposte, +3 competence umd, C slot: +7 con., B slot: 14prr)
    ring1: Epic ring of the stalker(+6seeker, ghostly, manslayer, exceptional s.a.+3/+5, C slot: +15 heal , Y slot: striding +30%)
    ring2: Kyosho's ring (+6 wis, +1exc. str., slotted holy burst) / Djinni ring (33% elec. absorption)
    trinket: Planar focus of prowless (+8 dex., set bonus:+4 to hit +4 damage, 15prr)
    weapons: Antipode (reinforced fists, 6%ds, +10stun, set bonus: +4 to hit +4 damage, 15prr, R slot: devotion)

With this setup: 39 standing prr (54 with earth4), up +14+14 to hit/damage (set+deadly), +8/+13 s.a., +90 to +152 devotion and healing lore, +6 seeker, ghostly, 6-15% dodge, 43 UMD without gear swapping, superior parring, +225sp+150gs, +30hp+10gs, 6%doublestrike (11% if PTWF works), +15 stun dc, +6 resistence, manslayer, staggering blow, riposte, +20%+30% healing amplification, around 20% chance to gain back 20-30 sp and 5% to gain 30 hp on being hit.

HP: 750 in LD.
    SP: 1700 in LD.
    Saves: reflex is the lower selfbuffed, it's around 40 in earth, 50+ in ocean4 with twists - may be useful to twist in Unearthly Reactions or brace for impact just for some EE and energy sheat electric for FoT and white dragon. Jeweled cloak helps on the saves side.
    Stun DC: 10+14+15wis+10wraps+5belt+6legendary tactics+1yugo= 60

Scrolls and potions you always want to have: Heal scrolls, GH scrolls, Blur 10th wand, Tenser's Transformation scrolls, Teleport scrolls, Superior ardor potions.

ED:
    Legendary dreadnought. The important ranks are: legendary tactics, extra action boost, Haste boost III, critical damage, improved power attack, advancing blows, devastating critical, master blitz. I also got +2 strenght.
    After Update 19, with the kensei 30% class haste boost, both GMoF and FoTW are really good in terms of dps: with GMoF we have high stun DC (65+), nice AOE, cc and a huge epic moment; FoTW is also cool for the no save knock down and the higher base damage. Even Avatar is not bad for the tree form working good with healing aura.
    For pure healing purpose Unyelding Sentinel and Exalted Angel are both good, the first grants better survivability, while Exalted angel is better for sp saving: 2.2k sp and renewal together with rejuvenation cocoon twisted allows you to heal intense runs without sp waste.

Twists: The three you always want to have on LD are dance of flowers, rejuvenation cocoon, sense weakness (if you don't have the fate points to twist this in, good substitutes are healing power, endless faith, endless turning, brace for impact, unearthly reactions, primal scream). On other EDs twist in legendary tactics and two of the three above. Energy sheat electric is good to have for FOT and EE blue dragon.

That's all I'll update the post more when I have time, I will take new videos!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by korsat; 05-02-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Community Member

Well laid out, I know many people playing clonk variations and they seem to work fairly well.

This build looks solid and definately has some solo capability, I imagine it shines most when partied up and amongst the action.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Quote Originally Posted by korsat View Post

Updated an EE von1 vid to briefly show you the build http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIxDI1sLg5A

Just updated the OP with an EE von1 vid. Hope you guys like it!
    Last edited by korsat; 06-10-2013 at 03:05 AM.
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Wow, that looks pretty awesome. Is there any way to tweak it a bit to work with a warforged character. I know its dumb, but I would like to try it. You obviously have a much better understanding of the game's mechanics and items than I do, so please, if there is any way, let me know.
    Last edited by Taxton; 06-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxton View Post
    Wow, that looks pretty awesome. Is there any way to tweak it a bit to work with a warforged character. I know its dumb, but I would like to try it. You obviously have a much better understanding of the game's mechanics and items than I do, so please, if there is any way, let me know.

thanks! yes I think is doable with wf too, even if they start with -2 cha and wisdom and lower base healing amplification. On the other side you can get higher stuns due to warforged tactics and some more hp. 1 less feat (human bonus) means you need to renunce at empower, no worries it's not essential but is nice to have for bursts.

If you have any pl you should try to start with 14 wisdom and 14 cha (+4 tome= 18 for divine might 3). On a first lifer toon could be a bit problematic. Furthermore, you will need some good gear to make your healing amp decent (PDK gauntless and convalescence (20%) bracers of superior parring are needed).

Concluding, for a 1st lifer toon I would recommend human or half elf (with pally or rogue dilly) without stats penalities. If you have some past lifes and some good gear I think it's doable even on a wf.

Have fun

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Nice build, i will try it switching to helf for rogue or paladin diletante and losing extend or empower. Not sure about the AP's for it though.

On 6 man groups (where there's probably some other people blitzing) you still prefer to go on dreadnought? what about GMoF for more wis,stunninng fist dc,CC via drifting lotus and more defensive perks? U can still twist sense weakness or haste boost, +6 tactics and something else.
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

Quote Originally Posted by serthcore View Post
    Nice build, i will try it switching to helf for rogue or paladin diletante and losing extend or empower. Not sure about the AP's for it though.

On 6 man groups (where there's probably some other people blitzing) you still prefer to go on dreadnought? what about GMoF for more wis,stunninng fist dc,CC via drifting lotus and more defensive perks? U can still twist sense weakness or haste boost, +6 tactics and something else.
    thanks

halfelf is a nice alternative to have lil higher dps or saves and I think you can find the ap for the enhancements. imo extended is more important than empower or you need to recast spells too often loosing focus on other things.

Yes sometimes I use gmof for 6 man EE to get 62 stunning dc (i use sun stance for ki generation and [w] bonus) and some nice cc via drifting lotus. Also gain +6 refelx and a nice epic moment. On the other side I cannot twist haste boost and sense wekness at the same time sadly. twists I use are legendary tactics, cocoon/healing power, sense weakness/haste boost. hp are around 600 a little lower but enough for most the situations with 46 reflex save and evasion, 30 prr, dodge and incorporeal.

LD doesn't necessary need blitz thou (i'm too lazy to charge it everytime eheh). On stunned mobs with a boost active numbers are pretty high anyways, around 600-700 on a crit.

see you on argon

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

All right, cool. The character is currently a favored soul. I'm gonna go ahead and TR him into a Paladin first (hopefully I will be able to bear it), in order to get the healing amplification, and then TR again into this build. This will then give me the healing amp and an additional 2 points to build with.

Community Member

Change of plans on my end. I still need to TR that warforged character into another type of healer, but I couldn't bring myself to roll a paladin quite yet, just as a prereq.

I rolled one of these characters and got so hooked, even at the lower levels, that I've decided to TR my main character (who is on his third life as a cleric, 19th level) into one of these. I'll take advantage of being higher level in order to farm up all of the proper gear.
    I do have one question to start, and that is, where do you put your skill points. I figured you must put one into UMD because of the way you use scrolls, but what about the other. I'm so used to putting my skill points into heal, and concentration. Maybe a balance here, and a jump there once level 7 rolls around.

On the one that I rolled up, with the first level as a monk, I put four into UMD, four into balance, and four into jump. After that, I was putting one into UMD and one into Concentration. I was just hoping to know the theory behind your skill point allocation, so I wouldn't mess up too bad when I TR my main.

Thanks for all of your help,
    Taxton

Quote Originally Posted by Taxton View Post
    Change of plans on my end. I still need to TR that warforged character into another type of healer, but I couldn't bring myself to roll a paladin quite yet, just as a prereq.

I rolled one of these characters and got so hooked, even at the lower levels, that I've decided to TR my main character (who is on his third life as a cleric, 19th level) into one of these. I'll take advantage of being higher level in order to farm up all of the proper gear.
    I do have one question to start, and that is, where do you put your skill points. I figured you must put one into UMD because of the way you use scrolls, but what about the other. I'm so used to putting my skill points into heal, and concentration. Maybe a balance here, and a jump there once level 7 rolls around.

On the one that I rolled up, with the first level as a monk, I put four into UMD, four into balance, and four into jump. After that, I was putting one into UMD and one into Concentration. I was just hoping to know the theory behind your skill point allocation, so I wouldn't mess up too bad when I TR my main.

Thanks for all of your help,
    Taxton
    Glad you like it

as you say you should try to max UMD, then balance and concentration are the most important but don't forget 1 point into tumble and around 10 into jump (you will have 2 druid spells and i'm using rams might+jump to hit the jump cap). Drop heal, you don't need.

Invest into UMD and concentration on cleric levels, jump and balance on monk/druid levels and when you have extra points.

Also in this case being human helps for the skill points bonus. Have you decided to go wf in the end?
    Last edited by korsat; 06-30-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Looks like a nice build and I'm going to try it. I have tried to run clerics and never get past lvl 7 before I get bored. This may keep me going. Can you post what enhancements you go for, that would help me out, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firepigs View Post
    Looks like a nice build and I'm going to try it. I have tried to run clerics and never get past lvl 7 before I get bored. This may keep me going. Can you post what enhancements you go for, that would help me out, thanks
    Cleric Charisma II
    Cleric Divine Might III
    Cleric Extra Turning III or IV
    Cleric Improved Turning I
    Cleric Wisdom III
    Cleric Energy of the Zealot II or III
    Cleric Wand and Scroll Mastery I (if you often use heal scrolls invest more)
    Cleric Life Magic IV
    Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I
    Cleric Prayer of Life III
    Cleric Radiant Servant II
    Cleric Smiting I
    Druid Emminence of Life I
    Druid Emminence of the Sun I
    Druid Thoughness I
    Human Versatility IV
    Human Improved Recovery I
    Human Adaptability I (wisdom)
    Racial Thoughness II
    Improved Heal II
    Monk Way of the Patient Tortoise I

This should be all I got, more or less (haven't checked if are exactly 80 but they should be really close), some enhancements like energy of the zaelot and scroll mastery really depend on personal preferences.

Hope this help!

Have fun
    Last edited by korsat; 07-05-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Hey,

I was just wondering how you respec-ed the enhancements post-update. There seem to be a lot of options there.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Octarino View Post
    Hey,

I was just wondering how you respec-ed the enhancements post-update. There seem to be a lot of options there.
    On a first sight I think I need to swap 1 druid level with 1 fighter to gain haste boost 30%, +unarmed damage and something more if I have enough ap. The trade off is just rams might since we no longer have +20 spell power from druid.

To balance the lack of rams, Human tree now gives bonus to hit and damage with wraps
    One more good point is the new divine might that adds insightful strenght equal to cha modifier (32 cha=+11 strenght). This doesnt stack with the prowless +3 so we can switch it for an insightful dex to enhance reflex or something else.
    Some point in the shintao tree grants bonuses to offhand proc, healing amplification and spell power, bonus hp and prr.

Radiant tree like before gives the access to aura and burst (and something more).

after a 1st try my fist damage selfbuffed is 6d6+43 (just a little less than before), with 240 healing spellpower. both will incerase after lr.
    new feat+the fighter bonus will be used for the t3 monk stances (+1 crit multiplier in earth, saves and dc in ocean, ds in wind) or for the 2 cleaves.

I think we gain a lot from this update, expecially flexibility! after the fighter splash we can play fury and grandmaster without loosing haste boost and stun dc will be 3 higher.

if you have any other ideas please tell

hf
    Last edited by korsat; 09-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Updated a short vid to show you the new enhancements selection, followeb by a fast dps test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq3k2...ature=youtu.be
    Enjoy!
    Since someone asked me to do it in game, here's the video with new enhancements selection followed by a fast dps test OP updated.

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Looks like a lot of fun Going for this my next life. Just one question: why not take the 2nd level of monk sooner? Does it change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun Going for this my next life. Just one question: why not take the 2nd level of monk sooner? Does it change anything?
    Glad you like it

Original build was planned before U19 when you had access to radiant servant and bursts only at level 6 cleric so basically this was the reason. Actually starting with 14 dex you need to be at least lvl 3 with +1 dex tome to qualify for twf so you can take 2nd monk at level 4 if you feel you need evasion earlier. I don't feel the necessity before von quests anyway, dr 5/- from warpriest looks more important to me.

Let me know what do you think!

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Glad you like it

Original build was planned before U19 when you had access to radiant servant and bursts only at level 6 cleric so basically this was the reason. Actually starting with 14 dex you need to be at least lvl 3 with +1 dex tome to qualify for twf so you can take 2nd monk at level 4 if you feel you need evasion earlier. I don't feel the necessity before von quests anyway, dr 5/- from warpriest looks more important to me.

Let me know what do you think!
    Thanks! Gonna take the 2nd monk at lvl 4 then. I usually craft armor of invulnerability anyway so I should be fine