Default What is a 5% weighted weapon?

While poking through an old acrobat thread I stumbled across a few mentions of finding a 5% weighted staff.

What is that? What is a weighted weapon? How do I identify it?

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    While poking through an old acrobat thread I stumbled across a few mentions of finding a 5% weighted staff.

What is that? What is a weighted weapon? How do I identify it?
    Deprecated... now called stunning.

Community Member

Sounds like a very old reference. It's basically what Stunning used to be called.

So a 5% Weighted Staff would be a Staff of Stunning +5 (Roughly, though keep in mind that a lot has changed since then so my example isn't completely accurate).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel666 View Post
    Sounds like a very old reference. It's basically what Stunning used to be called.

So a 5% Weighted Staff would be a Staff of Stunning +5 (Roughly, though keep in mind that a lot has changed since then so my example isn't completely accurate).
    Almost correct. 5% was changed to +10 stunning. The change was made because they became too powerful in epics then. They had a flat 5% stun ability with no save.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

OH....interesting.

Thanks for the answers.

Community Member

And one other thing that should be pointed out since you may not have even noticed, but when the auto-5% was removed it was not removed completely but actually kept as a 3% proc that allows a save. The DC of this save increases as you move from stunning +2, +4, etc.., capping at DC33 for stunning +10.

As is typical for a dev team with no clue as to game realities, however, the dc33 top end was woefully low even at the time this change was made. Currently, its a total joke as you can't expect any mob in EH or EE quests to have a very large chance to fail at that low dc. So what we have in effect is an auto-stun with a 3% x 1/20 (fail on roll of 1) chance to go off. And if you are patient and pay enough attention you might actually see this occur sometime this century. (I actually noted an auto-proc on one of my toons a few weeks ago.)

And according to the wiki you don't even get this 3% proc on non-weapons eg seal of house DunRobar. Hmm, devs must have thought that would be overpowered....no wait, its just bugged and will be fixed next patch...
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)