Community Member

Default What Twists for FVS Evoker?

I'm working on building a FVS Evoker that is modeled off Impaqt's Next Generation Evoker build. One difference is that I'm planning on going half-elf with fighter dilly so that I can use falchions and other TH weapons. Occasionally, it is useful to have melee skills that can do some damage. Mostly I see myself using BB, cometfall, and light spells, but I like the versatility of being able to grab a falchion and beat stuff down while my practically free avenging light SLA is on cooldown. Evocation is still my focus; meleeing just a fallback when needed (and it does make leveling easier).

At any rate, I want to twist in Magister Evocation school for the +3 to evoc DCs. However, what other twists should I be considering? I plan on being in Avenging Angel once all is said and done, so renewal and other niceties from AA are covered). Are there some decent twists that would help my melee ability be more than mediocre? (I know it will always suck when compared with a true fighter or barbarian or whatnot, but if I can reliably do more than 100 dmg a wack, I'd be happy. Right now I'm only breaking 100 on crits.) Anything too that would help me take less damage when meleeing with a THW? Right now when I run into the fray in a group, I tend to get the snot beaten out of me. I know throwing on a shield helps, but then no THW and my dmg output plummets.

Thanks in advance.
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Another +2 evo DC from draconic.
    Sense weakness
    Tunnel vision
    Damage or haste boost
    Anvil of thunder (or version for other weapons)
    Improved power attack

There's lot of choices

If you are caster, exalted with 3 magister evo, 2 draconic evo, magister dodge/brace for impact as last one perhaps .
    As melee you should be in dread or fury, brace for impact, cocoon, renewal, lay waste/momentum, haste boost, extra sp from exalted, magister dodge again, many good choices !
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

If your damage plummets when you stop meleeing as an evoker, you're doing something wrong. You should be tearing mobs up with BB and imploding whatever's left. Throw in some energy drains, symbols of death and your slay livings and destruction should land too.

In my opinion trying to improve your meleeing abilities on an exalted angel evoker FvS is the wrong way to go about it. You should be spamming avenging light and unmeta'd searing light to build up your stacks whenever possible, so you can cast divine wrath whenever It's off timer.

Think more caster, less melee.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Community Member

With regards to twists, +2 evocation from draconic is the obvious one. After that either brace for impact or one of the +6 to reflex saves abilities.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Have you thought about what you consider to be endgame? If you want to do EE, then that build is fairly outdated as many mobs are just going to ignore your DCs. Have you considered speccing for light damage and going into Shiradi? If you have and still want to do evoker, that's up to you. But I just wanted to make you aware of what is probably the superior endgame build right now.