Community Member

Default Frustrated - Is the Wiki wrong about there being ML17 Ivy Wraps anymore?

Now that my monk is 18, I want to get the L17 Ivy Wraps instead of these L15 ones, which are starting to show their level.

I've been watching the AH and even the shard house on Thelanis for a week now, and at one point there were 15 at once on the AH, but ALL level 15 wraps On the Shard AH there is a L15 version, and then a L23 and L24 version.

Does the game even drop the L17 version anymore? How exactly do you get the L17 version? I do have a L22 Arti that I wouldn't mind trying to farm them with, if I just knew how to get them.

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

The level 15 wraps if I remember correctly drop in heroic normal and also in the chain end reward. This would make them by far the most common version of the wraps available. The level 17 version is probably about a 5% chance to drop in an optional chest that only shows up about 1/3rd of the time in heroic elite only, making them EXTREMELY rare. If you were to attempt to farm it out, odds are good you'll be level 25 before you ever found them.

You can try the marketplace boards on the forums and might have some luck, or keep an eye on the auction, but that would be pure luck if you found any there.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

The level of these types of items is based on the difficulty that the quest was run. So in order to get the ML17 wraps you will have to farm it on Elite. The reason that the ML15 version is so much more common is that the end-of-chain rewards are always the Heroic Normal version of items.

Good luck, and enjoy!

they're selling the chain reward (lowest ml available depending if they did the chain in heroic or epic diff)

to get higher versions you have to do the quest(druid's curse, forest hag chest) in elite diff
    elite diff drops ml17
    hard drops ml16
    norm drops ml15

as chain reward u'll get some nameds from the chain, but only the norm version(ml 15 heroic, ml22 epic)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

There's almost no market for the epic druid items, much less the heroic ones. No sane person farms them, since they're almost worthless and not really that good - better to spend time in GH. No one runs it for heroic XP either, since it's pretty poor XP considering the difficulty.

I would give up on wanting a heroic hard or heroic elite version of any of the items. The heroic normal at least come unbound out of the chain reward, so there's some around.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    as chain reward u'll get some nameds from the chain, but only the norm heroic versions(ml 15)
    Fixed that for you. You could run everything on EE and you'll only get HN chain rewards.