Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I knew I was killing wraiths with it in Delera's recently, without paying too much attention to the details. But I just ran another quest with wraiths. The base damage is indeed yellow zeros, but I'm getting the Holy and Bane damage. So maybe a +1 lets you get base damage, didn't try that, but lack of it certainly isn't a case of "unable to hurt" at all.
    IIRC wraiths have some /magic DR - the +1 lets you get past that.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khatzhas View Post
    Bear in mind that such a weapon will be unable to hurt incorporeal undead. If you also carry around a Ghost Touch weapon, its not a problem. If you don't have one (or don't want to use up the extra space for not a lot of gain at low levels) then you may want to put a +1 on there to give you magic damage in order to hurt them at least 50% of the time.
    Oh, you'll be able to hurt them, just not well as most seem to have DR/magic that you need to put a "+" on to break. Though, yes one should also carry a ghost touch weapon, with a DR breaking + at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Oh, you'll be able to hurt them, just not well as most seem to have DR/magic that you need to put a "+" on to break. Though, yes one should also carry a ghost touch weapon, with a DR breaking + at that.
    Wraiths at low levels have much lower hp than everything around them, so I tend to break out the Carnifex for the wraiths and eat the 50% miss. They're very fast to kill. Not necessary best way, but hey, I'm lazy and I like simplicity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123