Default Cleric and Favored Soul...LR mid-life

So since we get a free LR each life (at least it seems that way...maybe I am wrong)

Do any of you go STR-based melee Style as a FVS or CLR until say...level 11-12 (Blade Barrier)?

My idea...
    High STR/CON with some moderate WIS/CHR...take Power attack (and other melee feats). Still take Maximize and Empower Heal (for a Cleric PRE).

Then at level 11 or 12 use your Free Lesser Reincarnate and then turn into that Max-WIS High CON..dumped DEX and STR and INT for BB and Insta-Kill Divine.

I am probably late on this...but was just curious if other people apply this strategy while leveling.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    So since we get a free LR each life (at least it seems that way...maybe I am wrong)
    I haven't tested it myself, but I thought it was one free LR per character. Period. Not that you got another each TR.

Yes, it seems it is 1 free LR per life. I've done a LR on my cleric, and I know I've done another LR on her other life too.

Still, about the matter, it seems an interesting strategy, but I have never tried it. I just maximize WIS and a bit of CHA for turning ability. High CON, and the rest go to STR and DEX. Since lvl 1 to 20, my strategy is the same. I change the spells and rearrange toolbars as I need, nothing more
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Im doing both together.

As orc fvs, i start with 20STR and 18WIS (and with 6CHA, yay!). All level ups to WIS. PA, cleave, greatcleave for early aoe killing power, toughness at 9, maximize at 12, empo isnt required till 18 imo, so quicken can be taken at 15.

I could swap the 3 early feats out for 2 DCs, and earlier empo, but i feel the character is much stronger with the added heavy melee aoe dps. Btw i use 1 barb lvl for many reasons.
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post

Do any of you go STR-based melee Style as a FVS or CLR until say...level 11-12 (Blade Barrier)?

My idea...
    High STR/CON with some moderate WIS/CHR...take Power attack (and other melee feats). Still take Maximize and Empower Heal (for a Cleric PRE).

Then at level 11 or 12 use your Free Lesser Reincarnate and then turn into that Max-WIS High CON..dumped DEX and STR and INT for BB and Insta-Kill Divine.

I am probably late on this...but was just curious if other people apply this strategy while leveling.
    Not a bad idea...I do something vaguely similar, where I swap dilly feats mid-life on my half elves. I find the feat swap works very well, a full LR respec would have to be even more fantastic than changing one feat.

My only concern would be if the one per life is not WAI and you lose it mid-life. You might want to keep Wis up high "just in case".

Edit: thinking about this further, I'd also be concerned about the bug where you lose ED experience that appears to be related to using the free LR.
    Last edited by eachna_gislin; 04-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.