Exclamation Monks and adrenaline Overload

The crit range boost from adrenaline overload isn't working on unarmed for me, and the knockdown ability only hits with the first tier even though I have all three, I have had guildies tell me that it does indeed work, but I'm wondering if this is some wierd glitch that I've brought down on myself, or if these abilities don't actually work as described on wraps.

Note that when I swapped to a staff, everything started functioning perfectly to the descriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockback View Post
    It's a grenade, so just throw it at your feet. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a meteor swarm!

guess it's handwraps fault!! XDD

as druid worked (the atacks are considered unarmed) no matter which weapon i used
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by incineration View Post
    The crit range boost from adrenaline overload isn't working on unarmed for me, and the knockdown ability only hits with the first tier even though I have all three, I have had guildies tell me that it does indeed work, but I'm wondering if this is some wierd glitch that I've brought down on myself, or if these abilities don't actually work as described on wraps.

Note that when I swapped to a staff, everything started functioning perfectly to the descriptions.
    Handwraps are not weapons. That is, in much of DDO's code, they aren't treated as such. The Monk himself is the weapon.

You've confirmed it when you switched to a true melee weapon as the effects you expected worked normally.

Handwraps and unarmed damage aren't designed to work fully for many other Epic Destiny abilities other than the Monk-flavored Grandmaster of Flowers. Although a Druid's animal form attacks look unarmed, I'm betting that your weapon is part of your form, and handwraps don't square right in Fury of the Wild.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

nono, wolf's animal form is the only unarmed attack for players, no matter what weapon do you use (as example my weapon was antipode when leveling fury of the wild, and was knocking down)

the trouble comes when you use the handwraps w/o animal form, they should give handwraps the propierty of unarmed, but they didn't gave it, pretty sure they simply modified ic:bludgeoning to affect handwraps (aka monk's unarmed) when druid was released, they didn't bother in change all handwraps ingame (or the category handwraps if exists something like that) to unarmed type

non-sense? hey, it's turbine lol
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    Handwraps are not weapons. That is, in much of DDO's code, they aren't treated as such. The Monk himself is the weapon.

You've confirmed it when you switched to a true melee weapon as the effects you expected worked normally.

Handwraps and unarmed damage aren't designed to work fully for many other Epic Destiny abilities other than the Monk-flavored Grandmaster of Flowers. Although a Druid's animal form attacks look unarmed, I'm betting that your weapon is part of your form, and handwraps don't square right in Fury of the Wild.
    I'm inclined to believe this except for the part on the knockdown, where it was still applying, but only applying the first (two seconds) tier, rather than the third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockback View Post
    It's a grenade, so just throw it at your feet. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a meteor swarm!

Sometimes I think DDO gameplay has more mysteries than the universe itself, not to mention more inconsistencies than an American Idol judges panel...
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Community Member

Adrenaline Overload only half works for my monk when using handwraps. Get the +400% damage boost. Don't get the +16 critical threat.