Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Every time this comes up I see you (and others) respond in a similar way and it makes me think you don't get i. You seem to think this would abuse the TR system, etc. Maybe you do get it, but with comments like that I don' tthink so - but if you don't an example.

You're on life 3. Say, at level 15. You're a class you hate. You've got tons of gear, but you hate the class so much you don't want to play it.

You don't want to be level 15 with some other split - you could do that, but that's at least 3 +5 hearts and possibly 6 and an alignment change. And, you think maybe that's asking too much and cheaty. Heck, maybe you think (rightly) that would be an abuse of the TR system.

What you'd rather do is be back at zero (and this is the important bit) ON LIFE 3 ... WITH NO EXPERIENCE OR FAVOR.

If you did this at 20 there'd be no way to "abuse" the TR system since you'd essentially wipe that life out and start over again ON THAT LIFE.

This isn't an ask to reset and be 20 again - this is an ask to reset and be 0XP first level. If you want to be 20 in another split, you'd need to level it up - no "bang, you're a different build now".

And yes. The current option is to delete and toss those two Torcs I have on that one guy (one epic, one not) play through and not enjoy it or spend a few weeks and 6 +5 hearts doing incremental LRs.
    See, this is completely different than what I read in the OP and subsequent posts asking for this. My understanding was that they wanted an LR option that would let them change absolutely everything about their character, not something that would just completely restart their current life. If your understanding is correct in what they are asking for, I say sure, give it to them. I can't for the life of me understand why you would want make use of a system like this, but hey, to each their own.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    See, this is completely different than what I read in the OP and subsequent posts asking for this. My understanding was that they wanted an LR option that would let them change absolutely everything about their character, not something that would just completely restart their current life. If your understanding is correct in what they are asking for, I say sure, give it to them. I can't for the life of me understand why you would want make use of a system like this, but hey, to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh
    Can we get a new kind of reincarnation that works like True Reincarnation, you start back at level one with the class of your choice, but you don't get a past life feat or bonus build points for it?
    Let's say you TR'd your character into a true neutral elf bard. You get that character to level 10, but you really dislike the gameplay. You could Minor Reincarnate that character into a level 1 lawful good dwarf monk.

The only way to do that in the game right now is to level the build you don't enjoy to 20 and get a True Reincarnation. I see a lot of people with characters that have past lives and gear, but don't get played anymore because they are stuck with a build that they don't enjoy and none of the lesser or greater reincarnations can fix it.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

People with no clue would use it, then complain that they do not have a passive past life and constantly flame Turbine for their incompetence.

Don't even bother mentioning the fact that there could be 20 screens of warnings to the user because no one will read them.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    Let's say you TR'd your character into a true neutral elf bard. You get that character to level 10, but you really dislike the gameplay. You could Minor Reincarnate that character into a level 1 lawful good dwarf monk.

The only way to do that in the game right now is to level the build you don't enjoy to 20 and get a True Reincarnation. I see a lot of people with characters that have past lives and gear, but don't get played anymore because they are stuck with a build that they don't enjoy and none of the lesser or greater reincarnations can fix it.
    The thing is the lesser and greater hearts can fix it just not in one shot what you want would more than likely cause more problems then it would fix but sure put it in for 10k points

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    The thing is the lesser and greater hearts can fix it just not in one shot what you want would more than likely cause more problems then it would fix but sure put it in for 10k points
    You cannot change races with with lessers or greaters. I don't know how well the alignment changes work with LRs
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    So why isn't deletion an option? Seems like you are speaking against yourself. If it's not about salvaging, but rather playing what you want to play, then why is deletion not an option? If you really don't care about whatever you already grinded out, then delete your character.
    By "it's not about salvaging", I meant I don't merely want to change the player so little that it's like "well, it's totally not what I really want, but I don't vomit everytime I actually log this toon on".

Deletion isn't an option because I don't want to repeat all the low level content and re-aquire huge chunks of loot. If I enjoyed that I'd probably be a completionist tr. I find rerunning low level content endlesslessly to be unfun, so obviously when I have a third lifer to level 20 I'm not gonna do anything that resets me back to zero. I'm also not going to go through the rigmarole of 3+ lesser reincarnations, that's insane. So my character stays parked until game changes make it fun to play again (don't hold your breath). There's absolutely no compelling reason I've heard why having a way to remake a level 20 character would be broken or op.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    There's absolutely no compelling reason I've heard why having a way to remake a level 20 character would be broken or op.
    Pick your past life would be the one I see. Maybe you have no desire to TR again, but I could see this leading to completionists that only ever played the same build over an over.

That said, I can see no compelling reason not to allow a reset to zero option that preserves past lives and gear.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Pick your past life would be the one I see. Maybe you have no desire to TR again, but I could see this leading to completionists that only ever played the same build over an over.

That said, I can see no compelling reason not to allow a reset to zero option that preserves past lives and gear.
    Good point. One I had previously thought of but then temporarily forgot about when replying to this post.

I'm gonna have to categorize that not as a "compelling reason" but rather an "unintended point of exploitation".

And it can be worked around, although with Turbine's track record it may be too much to ask. So maybe on the way to level 20, at each level-up when you verify your choices, the class chosen gets permanently recorded somewhere, then ultimately your past life would be "locked in" based on the choices you made as you were actually levelling. Then any reincarnations which keep you at level 20 would not have an effect on the past-life you would get if you ultimately tr'ed. Problem solved.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    You cannot change races with with lessers or greaters. I don't know how well the alignment changes work with LRs
    you have to do the alignment change first so for some changes it would be multi step

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12