Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtesy

Community Member

Default Courtesy

It's ok to be proud of yourself and confident in your abilities but...
    When joining a group, please leave the solo tactic's for soloing.
    Kiting everything around like no one else there is capable of dispatching the mobs quickly, or using "herding" mobtrain sprints
    so YOU ALONE can blast everything at the end is not conducive to teamwork and takes a lot of the fun out of being in a group.

No offense intended. Just friendly advice.

Thank you for considering it.
    Krimsonrayne -Ultimate Lord of Shadows on Orien server.
    Using -Ethan Hunt build -Assassin III, 900+ HP versatile, survivalist, high dps, str build.
    Build presented in video format. Long Live R.O.G.U.E.

What did the LFM say?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

I'm not referring to any specific incident regarding my own playing or grouping.
    It's just a general word of unsolicited advice.
    Using -Ethan Hunt build -Assassin III, 900+ HP versatile, survivalist, high dps, str build.

Opinions are like..... even yet its a good one!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

But.... that's what wizards / sorcs do... they blast everything apart. We can't help it if lesser classes can't do that.

I think this is a class problem not a party problem.

Last edited by DynaTheCat; 03-30-2013 at 03:54 PM.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusParthas View Post
    Kiting everything around...
    I hate that! You're slowing us down, you silly ranged kiting toon! Even if your DPS is more than mine, it's not more than yours and mine put together!

Would someone please let the archers and crossbowmen know that it's perfectly legal to stand still while you shoot at stuff?

using "herding" mobtrain sprints
    so YOU ALONE can blast everything at the end
    This, I don't have so much of a problem with. Grouping everything and blasting everything sounds like a nice, efficient plan to me.

Kiting everything around like no one else there is capable of dispatching the mobs quickly, or using "herding" mobtrain sprints
    so YOU ALONE can blast everything at the end is not conducive to teamwork and takes a lot of the fun out of being in a group.

I think I realize what's going on.

Have you tried to adapt? Run on melee to chokepoint and cleave just moment when mob train gets there?
    This will improve teamwork by A TON. DDO currently not a game where you snipe monsters one by one around the corner.
    As for kiting, melee have Intimidate and Stuns. And Bows!
    Note I assume melee, because on ranged/caster you only benefit from someone else kiting/making train, because you have them all in field of view.
    Last edited by Derailment; 03-30-2013 at 04:30 PM.

In a cozy little place just south of Hell

You have just described effective tactics, not soloing tactics. What you don't like is that you are prob on your melee, and a wizard/sorc/fvs/cleric, is pulling all of the mobs and using effective use of mana for mass killing and providing effective tactics.

obviously, effective tactics in the group is not the group for you. I would suggest you join only melee builds groups and spend hours and hours killing things one by one. And after taking eight hours to complete tangleroot, you can look at the group and say... well, we did it boys. We dispatched all of those hobbies by swords and we deserve a dirty kobold. cheers

Oh, and no offense intended. Just friendly advice
    Mobility, proud leader of Bane on Thelanis ~ I am either loved or hated, there is no in between. (Self declared Ultimate Piker, though I now give my crown to Ranit. He has guildies log his toons and play his toons for him. Getting xp and not even playing the game? He wins)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HackSlashKill View Post
    You have just described effective tactics, not soloing tactics. What you don't like is that you are prob on your melee, and a wizard/sorc/fvs/cleric, is pulling all of the mobs and using effective use of mana for mass killing and providing effective tactics.

obviously, effective tactics in the group is not the group for you. I would suggest you join only melee builds groups and spend hours and hours killing things one by one. And after taking eight hours to complete tangleroot, you can look at the group and say... well, we did it boys. We dispatched all of those hobbies by swords and we deserve a dirty kobold. cheers

Having solod tangleroot on a melee, I can say it certainly doesn't take eight hours! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I think the problem is that, as an inexperienced trapper, you used far to much C4 to disable the trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izumar View Post
    There's that moment when you learn not to stand next to the guy doing the trap. For your group mate it was this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    But.... that's what wizards / sorcs do... they blast everything apart. We can't help it if lesser classes can't do that.

I think this is a class problem not a party problem.

agreed. totally. Class Problem.
    as in... not having any.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzaroo View Post
    Having solod tangleroot on a melee, I can say it certainly doesn't take eight hours! XD
    Takes longer if you sing theme song along way.
    -ahem-

Roses red
    drow r blue
    Mizzy Mizzy...
    -Mizzy Roo.

yes i rok

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    Takes longer if you sing theme song along way.
    -ahem-

Roses red
    drow r blue
    Mizzy Mizzy...
    -Mizzy Roo.

yes i rok
    *bursts out laughing*
    Yes you do!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I think the problem is that, as an inexperienced trapper, you used far to much C4 to disable the trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izumar View Post
    There's that moment when you learn not to stand next to the guy doing the trap. For your group mate it was this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I hate that! You're slowing us down, you silly ranged kiting toon! Even if your DPS is more than mine, it's not more than yours and mine put together!

Would someone please let the archers and crossbowmen know that it's perfectly legal to stand still while you shoot at stuff?

This, I don't have so much of a problem with. Grouping everything and blasting everything sounds like a nice, efficient plan to me.
    I have a cure for that...let them get all that aggro all by their lonesome, then let them take care of it. When you hear the *ding*, everyone else goes in, kills the mobs. Then you drop that soulstone 11 seconds from a shrine.

I have explained until I am blue in the face that that is not an efficient method of completing quests. Hopefully, with a little tough love, they will learn.
    Last edited by susiedupfer; 03-30-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    I have a cure for that...let them get all that aggro all by their lonesome, then let them take care of it. When you hear the *ding*, everyone else goes in, kills the mobs. Then you drop that soulstone 11 seconds from a shrine.

I have explained until I am blue in the face that that is not an efficient method of completing quests. Hopefully, with a little tough love, they will learn.
    I agree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    I think I realize what's going on.

Have you tried to adapt? Run on melee to chokepoint and cleave just moment when mob train gets there?
    This will improve teamwork by A TON. DDO currently not a game where you snipe monsters one by one around the corner.
    As for kiting, melee have Intimidate and Stuns. And Bows!
    Note I assume melee, because on ranged/caster you only benefit from someone else kiting/making train, because you have them all in field of view.
    Cleave is not a universal feat.

Here let me give a simple example. Assassin runs ahead to take out the fire giant in EE TOR. Just as he arrives and strikes with assassinate (which would kill the giant) the sorc shoots him with a ray of cold that DOES NOT kill him but does instantly send the giant running after the limbo party and causing the assassinate to hit thin air.
    Imagine that happening over and over.
    Not much different than the continual FOD on 1hp mobs. It's just a waste of everyone else's efforts and IMO (which no one asked for btw) when it's happening on more difficult levels it's selfish and assumptive. It's also a little dismissive of the rest of the party's capabilities. They might be able to kill everything on the way extremely quick and with less mana spent and no alerts. You never know if you just take it upon yourself to drop an AOE and commence your soul train dancing line.

Want me to kite the mobs? Would be polite.
    Last edited by MaximusParthas; 03-30-2013 at 07:35 PM.

I was going to write "Just run with Shiradi sorcs. Then you won't have to worry about AOEs. They'll just kill everything for you with magic missile." But then your example is of a ray. Yeah. You have to be pretty fast to keep up with well-played sorcs.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by HackSlashKill View Post

I've run a tempest through there as well as a monk - probably some of the fastest completions I've done. Not done a THF'er, though, so I could have limited perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post

Agreed - been on both ends of that life lesson.

...Not much different than the continual FOD on 1hp mobs. It's just a waste of everyone else's efforts and IMO (which no one asked for btw) when it's happening on more difficult levels it's selfish and assumptive. ...
    This one doesn't bother me so much - at least everyone's in on it. It is inefficient and wasteful, yes; but I don't get ****ed about this one.

I always adhere to my first rule of combat: "You kite it, you keep it". When I'm on a melee I really find it too annoying to run after a mob that is running after another character, so if someone aggros five mobs and runs around with them following him, and there are no other mobs for me to play with, I'll just stand still and watch him, and swing at the mobs if they run past me. It's more satisfying to actively contribute, but I refuse to run around wildly flailing my weapons in the hope I'll accidentally land a hit just because someone else wants all the mobs' attention but at the same time is afraid a mob might touch him .

As for fingering mobs that are already close to death or aggroing a mob before it can be assassinated etc.: I'm pretty sure this very rarely happens on purpose. I think most of the time it's not paying attention to what other group members are doing, not knowing what they are doing ("why's that rogue sneaking around instead of fighting?!"), or everyone attacking the same mob at the same time ("that caster must die first!").

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast