Default Questions re: DC Cleric

In terms of a DC cleric specced for EH -- EE holds no appeal to me, as it's an almost entirely different game -- I''m naturally drawn to EA with its combination of wisdom and caster levels.

My initial though is to just go with....

6 wisdom
    10% mana / echoes to 30
    Avenging Light
    10% light resistance

...and call it good enough. I'm curious about all those cool-sounding abilities EA seems to have, though. What should I be going for? What's too good to pass up?

Community Member

Renewal is phenomenal. I can't conceive not having it if you're in exalted angel. Renewal + aura + bursts means you should not ever need to cast any other healing spell on EH.

Divine wrath is an awesome ability, essentially a mass heal that also deals very high damage to mobs. It is a deep line though, so if you take it you'll probably only be able to afford a couple of wisdom level ups. In addition it needs to be charged via light or healing spells, so it lends itself more to a pew pew divine.

Light resistance seems a bit meh, especially on EH. How often do you think you'll get triple stacked with dp?

Renewal is the only must-have ability you're missing, in my opinion.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    Renewal is phenomenal. I can't conceive not having it if you're in exalted angel. Renewal + aura + bursts means you should not ever need to cast any other healing spell on EH.
    For me or my party? I envision doing the vast majority of my self-healing just with aura.

I'm game to try and work it in.

Light resistance seems a bit meh, especially on EH. How often do you think you'll get triple stacked with dp?
    Oh, definitely; calling it meh is being generous. I was just looking for a way to spend that last point:

12 wisdom VI
    9 echoes to 30
    2 avenging light
    ----
    23 points

When I looked at first I could only see 10% light resist as an option for a single point; everything else seemed to cost 2. In looking closer I see renewal is 1-per-tier and has no prereqs, so certainly renewal I will replace that light resist.

Is renewal essentially the same as rejuvenation cocoon in practice?

Regarding divine wrath, the description for that sounds full of win. The line isn't that deep to get it. Hmmm.

Renewal is one of best enhancements in exalted.

Max
    Radiant
    Endless
    Healing power
    renewel
    and all wisdoms can fit in

That's what I would do for best dc/healing from exalted

Renewal is awesome HOT (Heal over Time) that will save a ton of sp and scroll use.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Let's see if I can work in divine wrath:

DPS
    2 Avenging Light
    3 Blood and Radiance III
    2 Rebuke Foe
    2 Divine Wrath
    ---

DCs
    12 wisdom VI

Healing
    3 renewal III

9+12+3=24

How does that look?

EDIT: Ah ****, that doesn't work due to not meeting progression requirements.

Personally wasn't impressed with divine wrath but that was just me what I suggested would take all your points.

3 each for renewal, radiance, healing, and endless is = 12
    6 wisdom = 12 (2 points each)

That uses all 24

If want will have to lessen by 5 points 7 if want to max blood + radiance

so lose 2 wis and 1 off each of others accept renewel or healing power.

2 wis = 4 points and 1 off each but renewal or healing = 3 so theres the seven.

Personally prefer without divine wrath.

Avenging light is really nice, though. Hmmm.

Maybe the original idea but just with renewal is the way to go:

2 Avenging Light
    9 echoes to 30
    3 renewal III
    10 wisdom V
    ----

I lose 1 wisdom to get renewal. Probably a fair trade. I suppose I can always do a divine wrath load-out just to test it, but the impression I'm getting from you guys is that it's nice but not on the "OMG!" level of something like energy burst.

Community Member

Renewal is like cocoon, except it costs less than half the SP and has 1/4 of the cooldown. And it can't be removed if the target is damaged.

Your last option looks good to me. Divine wrath is really nice, so definitely give it a try.
    Cannith

Divine wrath is really nice, so definitely give it a try.
    I definitely will. Currently level 3 so it'll take a bit to get back to epics. On the plus side I already farmed out my twists, but sadly I left exalted at only level 3.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I definitely will. Currently level 3 so it'll take a bit to get back to epics. On the plus side I already farmed out my twists, but sadly I left exalted at only level 3.
    That's good! You'll get to cap it while leveling your toon.
    Cannith

Renewal is like cocoon, except it costs less than half the SP and has 1/4 of the cooldown. And it can't be removed if the target is damaged.

Your last option looks good to me. Divine wrath is really nice, so definitely give it a try.
    Yep renewal is that. Me personally rather have the extra sp, healing power, dc, and light dam. It is a matter of personal preference though.

Divine wrath is a fun toy tried that in beginning but dropped later for what I stated. It may fit you well so try it and have fun. That's what we here for.

The EDs appear to not add additional caster levels as described.
    Last edited by ThePrincipal; 04-02-2013 at 01:50 PM.

In what sense? Do they not increase your spell penetration? That's mostly what I care about the caster levels for, since most damage spells are hard-capped anyway. Having the short-term buffs like prayer extend for another 30 seconds would be nice but I won't lose any sleep over that.

I originally built my cleric for DC casting and found even in EH, I didn't need the extra wisdom from EA. If your DCs are high enough, you don't need it, and those enhancements are expensive. I would focus on damage in between DC casting. That means light spell power and divine wrath namely.