Default Mid-teen Druid armor suggestions, please

I'm currently playing my Completionist-to-Be through her Druid life. I am currently level 15, and have 16 banked.

I'm wearing new Imbued Darkleaf Banded Armor from Tempest Spine with PRR +8 aug. Also, as my TR character, I have a GS Belt of Mineral (45 HP, Heavy Fort, and now as a bonus +5 Protection...)

Through Previous lives, I have tended to prefer (greater/superior) Stability crafted on my armor for the extra saves and stuff. so the Protection +5 on the belt and resistance +4 on the Darkleaf hasn't been too much of a step down, but has the advantage of the extra PRR...

Is my next best armor upgrade going to be to just upgrade the blue augment to PRR +12 next level? Is there no other options for me?

Spiritcraft Leather is less AC and about the same PRR (PRR + 12 Gem, 1/2 BAB vs 2/3rd BAB)

Leaves of the Forest duplicates Heavy Fort, and other than rough hide doesn't bring much to the table. Losing the resistance +4 is unthinkable.

I really wish there was non-metal medium lootgen armor to craft on. (Feather!? You out there? Are you listening????)

Any suggestions, guys? Prior to Tempest Spine, I was running with a Sharn BtA hide armor, but it has the pre-U14 values for Armor and PRR... So that's a step back too.

What other non-metal Medium armors are out there?

Hrm... So it's the Resistance that's really important to you? Icy Raiment gives +3 and is pretty solid for an outfit. Antithesis also provides solid Robe protection and has +4 Resistance. If you're willing to forgo resistance in the armor slot, this gets noticeably easier, as the Blue, Black, and White Dragonhide Armors become available.

Community Member

If you have a higher level char, you can run the Druid's Curse chain (if you have access to it). Completing the chain gives a list of ML 15 gear from the chain. One of the items is Leaves of the Forest. Medium Armour, non metalic. Looks horrendous, but nice stats.

Or you might try Parasitic Breastplate from the Harbinger of Madness chain, Light Armour, but the best of its type at that level, non-metalic and you can add +10 Reflex Saves to them. Note: doesn't stack with Resistance items, but +10 is +10, try finding that anywhere else..

Or Dragonscale from Gianthold scale turn ins, non-metalic.

I have a (hn) Leaves of the Forest in the bank.

What I have:
    Imbued Darkleaf: Medium armor (20.5 +8 PRR), AC 19, resistance +4, PRR +8 (aug)
    Leaves: Medium Armor (20.5 PRR), AC + Roughhide 20, +10% Exceptional Fort
    Parasitic: Light Armor (PRR 7.5), AC 23, Diehard, -2d6 dmg when vorpalled, net +6 reflex save, -4 will/fort save

They don't seem to protect me any better.

Alternatively, changing the Wall of Wood for a Heavy Spiritcraft shield w/ blue slot could mean putting the PRR aug and Stability on the shield, but means giving up the devotion and healing amp, which I'm not wild about doing.

I'm not sure about completely re-gearing my character just for levelling, but here's what I'm currently wearing:
    GS Con-Op goggles (blindness Imm, SP, +6 Wis)
    (meh) cove bandana with Superior False Life
    Str +6 necklace of Melee Alacrity 10% Augmented w/ con +4
    Voice
    Imbued Darkleaf augmented w/ PRR +8
    ML14 Cloak of Flames
    ML14 Bracers of Wind
    GS Mineral Belt (45 HP, Heavy fort, Prot +5, Stoneskin clickie, Cleansed)
    ML14 ring of the stalker
    Striding 30% boots (of balance +3)
    Greater Spell pen 6 gloves of Battleskill augmented with Dex +4
    (Swap ring) Deathblock augmented w/ Fear Immunity
    Wall of Wood

Community Member

there's a non-metallic medium armor in the Co6 end rewards. It is not extraordinary, but worth mentioning.

but heroic/epic dragonscale is probably your best option

All the heroic Gianthold Medium armors are metallic.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    All the heroic Gianthold Medium armors are metallic.
    Dragon scale is not metal. The Elfcrafted, Giantcrafted, and Dragoncrafted armors are indeed metal, but the actual Black, Blue, and White armors are not.

Community Member

Leaves of the Forest duplicates Heavy Fort, and other than rough hide doesn't bring much to the table. Losing the resistance +4 is unthinkable.
    Don't underestimate the value of the 10% exceptional fort on that Leaves of the Forest, especially now that various rogue types (including drow as early as level 13 in menechtarum) can now bypass 100% fort and crit or sneak attack you. I guess if you are in elemental form with heavy fort for 200% fort that would not be an issue, but if you are playing as a puppy that might be the difference in life or death.

Parasitic Breastplate with +10 dex is amazingly good and made of Flesh - which you would think would work for druids but I've never tested it. Not the best for PRR, but IMO it makes up for it.

You can still get pre-U14 armors out of some quest/chain lists, though not 100% sure about darkleaf. It's obviously not going to have a U17 slot though, and would require quite some grinding even if it does drop.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Dragon scale is not metal. The Elfcrafted, Giantcrafted, and Dragoncrafted armors are indeed metal, but the actual Black, Blue, and White armors are not.
    This^. For a druid, I would definitely pick up one of the dragonscale armors once you hit level 14, and wear that probably into the epic levels. Your build and other gear available will impact which one you want, but the white and black are both very good, and blue is at least decent.

2014 DDO Players Council

I really wish there was non-metal medium lootgen armor to craft on. (Feather!? You out there? Are you listening????)
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Hide_Armor

They might not drop as new loot anymore, but any existing Hide armor was not removed from the game. I was using crafted Hide armor my Druid life.

Be sure to check your server's auction house occasionally, and you might find a set.

Thank you. I forgot about the actual Dragonscale armors and was thinking of the Crafted, as pointed out above.

The base dragonscale armor has 1 more AC than the Imbued Darkleaf, and 2 higher MDB... it'll net me +2 ac.

The question becomes, which one?

Black? I have haste guard on the bracers. The Armor piercing is nice. The Relentless fury though doesn't mesh with my current playstyle. (Train, Earthquake, Body of Sun... hard to keep the buff up like that)

White? I have Heavy Fort and Protection +5 on the GS belt. I have +10 shield ac on the shield

Blue? The only spell I use with spell pen is Word of Balance, which the Greater Spell Pen VI gloves handles better. The Bracers and cloak have better lore for fire and lightning spells than the greater Arcane Lore. It'd help the crits on cold spells; true. Potency is kinda nice, but I swap in a Glaciation 66 ring when needed and already have Devotion, Combustion, and Magnetism on other items.

And, I have resist energy prepped and am in a level 90 guild... so the elemental resists aren't appealing.

So.... Black Dragonscale vs Imbued Darkleaf... 2AC, Armor Piercing 10% and Relentless Fury vs Resistance +4 and Sheltering +8(/12)...

Presently, I think I'm going to be keeping the Imbued armor until Terrorweb Chitin Breastplate.