Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    ...and just passing everything I was going to vender from all my toons into the bank and deconning everything...
    That's my point. You actually do 'lose' platinum; you lose what you'd make by vendoring it, plus the deconstruction materials, minus the deconstruction pp. Even at negative Haggle, it's still a substantial amount of pp.

-prepost edit-
    Bogenbroom said what I wanted to say

Regarding the AH prices, yes, they do seem high. But that's because there is abundance of platinum around. It's just that (like in real life?) the majority of it is around a minority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    If you think back to 2006 you will recall that was originally the case and it was so unpopular they had to change it because a HUGE portion of the trades were just going through the forums.

The Plat AH should probably be eliminated totally at this point since it forces more items to the AS AH, where posting fees are 100% refundable if things don't sell.
    Okay, I know I suck with time, but didn't the AH not even show up until 2008?

Anyway, not important, I have always felt that posts over a certain amount should start to incur a much higher posting fee... in the conversation I've had here the main argument has always been what that price point should be. I'd always used the item listed value for a starting point, but many people, rightly, objected on the basis that such values were largely meaningless and, more importantly, amazingly inaccurate in the player-to-player economy. Still, it is the direction I, personally, prefer.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmits View Post
    That's my point. You actually do 'lose' platinum; you lose what you'd make by vendoring it, plus the deconstruction materials, minus the deconstruction pp. Even at negative Haggle, it's still a substantial amount of pp.

-prepost edit-
    Bogenbroom said what I wanted to say

Regarding the AH prices, yes, they do seem high. But that's because there is abundance of platinum around. It's just that (like in real life?) the majority of it is around a minority of the playerbase.
    Um..you GET the vender plat when you deconstruct items. You make money by deconning, not lose it. It didn't used to be that way, but it has for a while. In fact, even when I'm done with her, I'll still decon it all, get the plat, and sell the essences or stockpile them for use later.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Um..you GET the vender plat when you deconstruct items. You make money by deconning, not lose it.
    Indeed you do. You get the value of the item times 60 in platinum, ie. a +9 item grants 540pp when deconstructed. However, the vendor value of the item is at least double that. That +9 item would sell for at least 1k pp to a vendor at 0 Haggle. If you add it all up, it makes an important pp sink. Had I not deconstructed those 2000 items or so I have so far, (and assuming an average value of deconstructed items of +6) I'd be around 700k pp richer right now. In 'reality' even more since I have high Haggle.
    Last edited by Darkmits; 07-16-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Cleared some stuff up

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmits View Post
    Indeed you do. You get the value of the item times 60 in platinum, ie. a +9 item grants 540pp when deconstructed. However, the vendor value of the item is at least double that. That +9 item would sell for at least 1k pp to a vendor at 0 Haggle. If you add it all up, it makes an important pp sink. Had I not deconstructed those 2000 items or so I have so far, (and assuming an average value of deconstructed items of +6) I'd be around 700k pp richer right now. In 'reality' even more since I have high Haggle.
    I'll have to test my main deconners decon vs. crafting, however, since I could still sell the essences for more than I would get from vendering the item, I still can't agree this is a reliable or stable plat sink, and depending on how it's used at all possibly not a plat sink for most players and therefor having little to no effect on the overwhelming influx of plat into the economy every minute the game is up and running, which drives people to want more and more and more in sale prices.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member DiamondPrinceJC's Avatar
    In the dark forests of an exotic plane called Oregon

The TRs are not to blame for Tomes getting jacked up in price. I used to be able to get +1s for 20k and now they are 120k... really... really?!
    Aztoth: Cannith Drow Assassin (2nd life) Borealice: Cannith Half-Orc Barb (2nd life) Balrolf The Fallen: Cannith Human Favored Soul Nyllo : Khyber Halfling Assassin
    **Guild Leader of House Nix'uldo'ch** **Guild Leader of Fundamental Dungeoneers**

Community Member

i believe that the buy out price should be done away with.
    then people will only pay what there prepaired to (well maybe).

then again sniping will be the name of the game, but people snipe
    anyway so thats moot.

actually i aint got a clue to the price answer.

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPrinceJC View Post
    The TRs are not to blame for Tomes getting jacked up in price. I used to be able to get +1s for 20k and now they are 120k... really... really?!
    3 month old thred necro

Community Member DiamondPrinceJC's Avatar
    In the dark forests of an exotic plane called Oregon

call me the Necromancer (or the guy who beat the dead thread)
    Aztoth: Cannith Drow Assassin (2nd life) Borealice: Cannith Half-Orc Barb (2nd life) Balrolf The Fallen: Cannith Human Favored Soul Nyllo : Khyber Halfling Assassin
    **Guild Leader of House Nix'uldo'ch** **Guild Leader of Fundamental Dungeoneers**

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPrinceJC View Post
    call me the Necromancer (or the guy who beat the dead thread)
    Blame Kennyfails, i always do.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Its funny because this thread got necroed but has gotten worse. Anything with pre update 19 prefixes/suffixes is extremely expensive.

Community Member

Default Price of a Shining Devastation

I saw a great club named item "Shining Devastation" selling in the for 600 astral shards (buy out price).

Its an awesome named loot - but wow that's expensive! I though it was BTC/BTA - how on earth can post it for auction?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumiyo View Post
    I saw a great club named item "Shining Devastation" selling in the for 600 astral shards (buy out price).

Its an awesome named loot - but wow that's expensive! I though it was BTC/BTA - how on earth can post it for auction?
    It is BtCoE now.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

My complaint would not be the prices, but that there's just NOTHING THERE. I realized I didn't have +15 search or disable goggles, go to the AH and nada. And of course since Turbine abandoned Cannith crafting you still cannot craft +15 skill items.

This is just one example of items that used to be fairly common no longer appearing on the AH, and personally I think that it makes things more difficult for newer characters trying to gear up (or older characters who accidently sell items they need for a future life >.<).

I blame it on zergers leaving their loot in chests.

Or Agordmils, that works too.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkly_dreaming View Post
    My complaint would not be the prices, but that there's just NOTHING THERE.
    I blame it on zergers leaving their loot in chests.

Or Agordmils, that works too.
    Don't stop there Zeal; why not also blame me for the prices as well?
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots & My build

Community Member

Default You're All Wrong

It's all about getting back at the duper's and stabilizing the economy. "It wont happen over night and I cant promise you I will be perfect but it will get done"

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darknark View Post
    Don't stop there Zeal; why not also blame me for the prices as well?
    Because when Supply = 0 Price is irrelevant.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

I have been asking myself this same question for YEARS. I see a blank craftable +5 weapon with NOTHING on it for 100+K and think *** is wrong with people. +1 items for 50-300k each people are drunk I swear. I never use the AH any more I vendor everything due to it costing you to post the item, then charging you again if it sells. That to me is like buying a car outright then paying more just to get the keys to drive it.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vampiregoat69 View Post
    I have been asking myself this same question for YEARS. I see a blank craftable +5 weapon with NOTHING on it for 100+K and think *** is wrong with people. +1 items for 50-300k each people are drunk I swear. I never use the AH any more I vendor everything due to it costing you to post the item, then charging you again if it sells. That to me is like buying a car outright then paying more just to get the keys to drive it.
    There is a tremendous amount of "almost perfect" equipment on the AH. There is very little on the AH that is completely perfect as twink gear. That small difference has a huge effect on the price. Back in the day, when +6 Stat items were the king of the hill and before Cannith crafting made them easily available, an ML 11 +6 stat item went for big money. A +5 stat of +3 [random skill] ML 11 item went for very little money and a +6 stat of +whatever skill with ML higher than 11 went up for a low price as well. The difference in power between those items was minor, but the difference in price was enormous because there just wasn't any other way to get that small difference in power for your character.

Similarly, a first life Fighter compared to a second life Fighter who has an extra 2 build points and +1 DC to his tactical feats and all the same gear at cap are very, very similar in power, but the second life Fighter went through an extra couple of million XP to get that very small bonus. "Almost the best" vs. "the best" is an incremental difference that doesn't have a massive effect on game play, but when the only ways to get those incremental bonuses are rare or grindy, then they'll be very expensive when they become available for sale.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Sometimes it's not really for sale, but people hoard more than they can hold, and they use the ah to hold things. At a ridiculous price, so that if someone DOES buy their item, they got enough gold not to be upset about losing the item.
    So who was it last month selling their named "Shining Devastation" ASAH? For 600 Astral Shards. I was so tempted to buy it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast