Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Sto's PvP Combat League (SPCL)

Sto's PvP Combat League (SPCL) :
    Welcome to my newest endevor. This will be a work in progress over the next few weeks.

Week 2 of the SPCL sign up are open now Tournament begins 8 PM Eastern Time (NY), April 6th, 2013

This is a Player Run Event. Please do not interfier with the tournament.
    Willing players have signed up to participate in this event. Please show them the proper respect by not interfiering.
    All contestants must be signed up & entry fee paid in full by 7 PM Eastern.
    Entry fee can be mailed to Sto with the name of the contestant in the subject, I will mail back your seat #
    No one will be allowed to enter the tournament after 7pm, dont wait till the last minute to sign up !!
    Tournament will be every saturday night 8 pm eastern time.
    Contestants Entry Fee : 25,000 Platinum Cash Only.
    Sponsors can pay the entrance fee for thier Contestant/Champion
    If a sponser pays the fee there will be a "Sponsered by Individuals Name or Guild Name" Title next to the contestents name.
    1st 12 Contesants For Week 1 & 2 (Sign Up Is Free)

Tournament Champion (1st) 75% total purse. (Paid to Combatants Not Sponsors)
    Tournament Knight (2nd) recieves 9%
    Tournament Squire (3rd) recieves 6%
    SPCL Recieves 10%, This might be open to sponsership in the future.
    Tournament is open to anyone. Any gender, race, class or level. The is an all out fight till the death.
    Contestants will be picked by random roll 2 at a time to fight. You MUST be online & ready to fight when called.
    You must be in online, At The Open Palm Inn (House J) within 5 minutes of being called to fight.
    The call to fight will only be done once by /Tell if contestant is not present in the OPI (Open Palm Inn)
    If you do not appeare in the fighting area within the time frame of being called you will forfeit your fight. No Exceptions.
    Only the 2 fighters are allowed to fight with no outside help. Anything goes, casting is allowed.
    This is a player run event, please do not interfier with the fighers or the tournament in any way. it will only create delays.
    Winner of the tournament automaticly gets the 1st seat the following week, he still must pay his entrance fee immediatly after the winning fight in order to secure this seat. if he choses not to pay for his seat immediatly entrants will be 1st come 1st serve.
    This is only a courtesy, he still can enter at a later time for the next fight.
    At the start of each match each contestant will join Sto in a party chat so I can more easily monitor who wins by observing health bar.
    1st person to die is the loser, and is eliminated from the tournament. Winner goes onto the next round.

Tournament Rules :
    1. Contestants must join Sto's party chat before the fight begins. (This is to easily monitor who dies 1st)
    2. Allowed Buffs, spells, any weapons & armore you choose. All out fight till death
    3. I will tell both parties to jump into the arena when prepared to fight, I will Then ask if both contestants are ready.
    4. Contestant MUST TYPE Yes to indicate they are set to fight, I will Then type the word "FIGHT", No combat is allowed until I Say "FIGHT"
    no exceptions, violators will lose by default.
    5. Fight is too the death (-10) hit points or oppenent yelds.
    6. If a contestant climbs out of the fighting area he/she yelds the match & loses automaticly.
    7. If a participant is not online or in the arena when thier match is to start they automaticly forfiet there match, there opponent moves onto the next round without having to fight.
    In the event that both fighters are not preasent when called, both will forfiet & be eliminated.
    8. Wildcards, In the event there is not enough people to complete a fight card. 1 Loser from the current round will be chosen (Rolled) at random to fill the spot.

Ranking System Points:
    +1 Points for every fight you win
    -1 Point for every fight you lose
    Champion Ranks are Based on a point sytem based on the number of fights won.
    W-L% Base rounded down to whole number
    This is different from the Tournament Champion Title

SPCL Ranking Chart Top 10 :
    SPCL Champion : Xrdam Tournament Champion / 6 Pts / 6-0 : 100%

Rank#. Name, Title / Points Earned / Win-Loss : %

1. Trigriz / Tornament Squire / 1 Pts / 3-2 : 66%
    2. Gimpazio / Tournament Knight / 0 Pts / 2-2 : 50%
    3. Samualauto / -1 Pts / 0-1 : 0%
    4. Southernmonk / -1 Pts / 0-1 : 0%
    5. Wartusks / -1 Pts / 0-1 : 0%
    6. Acidzap / -1 Pts / 0-1 : 0%
    7. Camazotz-1 / -1 Pt / 0-1 : 0%
    8. Sylvianah / -1 Pts / 0-2 : 0%
    9. (Your Name Here)
    10. (Your Name Here)

Week 1 Fight Card Results See Message #14 (on this thread)
    Week 2 Fight Card Results See Message # 21

Time : April 13th 8 PM Eastern Time

1st Place Purse = 37,500 PP
    2nd Place Purse = 4,500 PP
    3rd Place Purse = 3,000 PP

Champion of Thelanis : Xrdam
    Knight of Thelanis : Gimpazio
    Squire of Thelanis : Trigriz

Week 3 Combat Field
    1. Xrdam / Tournament Champion Week 1 & 2
    2. Clavictus
    3. Totebeinacht
    4. Samualauto
    Last edited by Azmedian; 04-13-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: This will be constantly updated

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

How are you going to stop anyone from interfering? If they do the gms wont help as its open pvp there. I think you need to work on this a little more or maybe find a game better suited for it and I think your also taking to big a cut. Yes I have a character on this server.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

anounced, 1 time, in house J? o_Ouuu
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Default Reply to Uska, With all due respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    How are you going to stop anyone from interfering? If they do the gms wont help as its open pvp there. I think you need to work on this a little more or maybe find a game better suited for it and I think your also taking to big a cut. Yes I have a character on this server.
    I will simply ask no one to interfiere
    I have in my experience known ddo players to be respectful, I dont believe outside interfirence will be a problem.
    As I said this is a work in progress.
    As for you thinking 25% cut is too much, I invite you to run your own weekly tournament & do it for free.
    Fact of the matter is Don King (Manager/Promoter) Made more money off Mike Tyson per fight than Tyson did.
    25% for not is my compensation for my time & effort.

Community Member

Default Reply to Keveniaftw, With all due respect.

Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    With all due respect. All you're doing is spend 5 mins in typing a forum post and stand like, uh, 20 mins at a tavern to make as much plat as possible... Maybe a team tournament could be fun, 1v1 is just who presses his winbutton. If you're going to hold a tournament for AA's only, then whoever clicks first or slots meld wins... It is lame, and it's even lamer you take 25%
    If you dont like what I am doing dont participate or even better run your own tournament, however you want.
    This is my tournament & this is how I am running it.

Yes I agree with your idea that a team tournament would be fun. perhaps in the future we can have team or even guild tournaments. but for now im just getting started. Thanks for the ideas though.

The whole idea of 1 on 1 is to see who is the baddest man/woman on thelanis. They better be quick on the "Winbutton".

Again a good idea to hold tournaments for aa's only or for that matter break it up into class/level ranks but again this is only the begining.

If you think its lame, oh well, dont watch it or participate then, save yourself !!

If you think me taking 25% is lame too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    With all due respect. All you're doing is spend 5 mins in typing a forum post and stand like, uh, 20 mins at a tavern to make as much plat as possible... Maybe a team tournament could be fun, 1v1 is just who presses his winbutton. If you're going to hold a tournament for AA's only, then whoever clicks first or slots meld wins... It is lame, and it's even lamer you take 25%
    Sto is always good for an eyeroll.

Look at how the Congo Bowl was put together. If you want a real pvp tournament you need to start there; it was well thought out. Also note that there was no entry fee and the prize was 100 of each large shroud ingredient, and that was when they were worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndrome View Post
    Sto is always good for an eyeroll.

Look at how the Congo Bowl was put together. If you want a real pvp tournament you need to start there; it was well thought out. Also note that there was no entry fee and the prize was 100 of each large shroud ingredient, and that was when they were worth something.
    guess you can go start a Cyndrome's Congo-Bowl then, eh?
    gl with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    guess you can go start a Cyndrome's Congo-Bowl then, eh?
    gl with that.
    Where did I say I wanted to do it? When I am in game I actually like to play the game.

Like all of Sto's events this is going to be a farce. There are tons of user organized events that have come out of Thelanis. None of them started with Sto.

If Sto wants to start a real PvP tournament he should look at a decent format.

Community Member

Default Why are you attacking me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndrome View Post
    Where did I say I wanted to do it? When I am in game I actually like to play the game.

Like all of Sto's events this is going to be a farce. There are tons of user organized events that have come out of Thelanis. None of them started with Sto.

If Sto wants to start a real PvP tournament he should look at a decent format.
    "Like all of Sto's events this is going to be a farce" ?? Like what other events ??

" There are tons of user organized events that have come out of Thelanis."
    What sense does that make ? Because there are tons of events, I cant have one??

"None of them started with Sto." ? What claim did I make to warrent this reply ? When did I claim to start anything?

"If Sto wants to start a real PvP tournament he should look at a decent format" ? Like what ? Whats wrong with the format? As I said its a work in progress
    Last edited by Azmedian; 03-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Winner of tournament recieves 75% total purse. (Or thier sponsor, whom ever paid the fee recieves the prize)

2nd Place recieves 5%

Organizer (SPCL) Recieves 20%, This might be open to sponsership in the future.

and

Sto will sponser the 1st 12 Contesants For Week 1 & 2 (Sign Up Is Free)

leaves me again: o_Ouuu
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Not really a pvp event...

If you want to make a pvp event, you should probably look at the Congo Bowl to understand some of the basic issues that might not make it "fun" without rules. Keep in mind, I don't think Congo Bowl II ever came together (despite the awesome prizes), so changing the restrictions to make it more accessible could be great... but a free for all? That'll be silly for anyone that knows what they are doing.

/shug

I hope the people who sign up have fun though
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu
    Dear Delt,

No reach around references.

Community Member

Default Reply to psykopeta

Quote Originally Posted by ;4963659
    Winner of tournament recieves 75% total purse. (Or thier sponsor, whom ever paid the fee recieves the prize)

2nd Place recieves 5%

Organizer (SPCL) Recieves 20%, This might be open to sponsership in the future.

and

Sto will sponser the 1st 12 Contesants For Week 1 & 2 (Sign Up Is Free)

leaves me again: o_Ouuu
    Just to make it clear i will sponser the 1st 12 to sign up, but winner recieves prize money. I dont keep the prize money, again just to clairify

Community Member

Default Reply to Dribble

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble View Post
    Not really a pvp event...

If you want to make a pvp event, you should probably look at the Congo Bowl to understand some of the basic issues that might not make it "fun" without rules. Keep in mind, I don't think Congo Bowl II ever came together (despite the awesome prizes), so changing the restrictions to make it more accessible could be great... but a free for all? That'll be silly for anyone that knows what they are doing.

/shug

I hope the people who sign up have fun though
    1st lets make this clear not just to you but to all.
    I dont want to run a Congo Bowl. If I did want to run a Congo Bowl, thats what I would call it.
    This is a 1 on 1 PvP fighting league, nothing like the congo bowl.
    And just FYI, The people who actually participated in the SPCL, enjoyed it.
    Week 2 of the SPCL sign up are open now Tournament begins 8 PM Eastern Time (NY), April 6th, 2013

Hope you will participate or at the very least attend & then comment on it.

Community Member

Default Results of Week 1 SPCL

Contest Rules :
    1. Contestants must join Sto's party chat before the fight begins. (This is to easily monitor who dies 1st)
    2. Allowed Buffs, spells, any weapons & armore you choose. All out fight till death
    3. I will tell both parties to jump into the arena when prepared to fight, I will Then ask if both contestants are ready.
    4. Contestant MUST TYPE Yes to indicate they are set to fight, I will Then type the word "FIGHT", No combat is allowed until I Say "FIGHT"
    no exceptions, violators will lose by default.
    5. Fight is too the death (-10) hit points or oppenent yelds.
    6. If a contestant climbs out of the fighting area he/she yelds the match & loses automaticly.
    7. If a participant is not online or in the arena when thier match is to start they automaticly forfiet there match, there opponent moves onto the next round without having to fight.
    In the event that both fighters are not preasent when called, both will forfiet & be eliminated.
    8. Wildcards, In the event there is not enough people to complete a fight card. 1 Loser from the current round will be chosen (Rolled) at random to fill the spot.

Time : March 30th 8 PM Eastern Time

Champion's Purse = 225,000 PP
    Knight's Purse = 15,000 PP

Champion of Thelanis : Xrdam
    Knight of Thelanis : Gimpazio

SPCL Champion of Thelanis, Week 1 : Xrdam
    SPCL Knight of Thelanis, Week 1 : Gimpazio

Week 1 Seat # : Contestant Name * Sponser
    1. Southernmonk
    2. Wartusks
    3. Xrdam
    4. Trigriz
    5. Momswiz
    6. Camazotz
    7. Searingshotz
    8. Anasnisten
    9. Disheveled
    10. Sylvianah
    11. Gimpazio
    12. Acidzap

(W) = Winner
    (F) = Forfiet aka didnt show up for fight
    (X) = Wildcard

Round 1 :
    Southernmonk(W) -vs- Anasnisten(F)
    Sylvianah -vs- Xrdam(W)
    Disheveled(F) -vs- Acidzap(W)
    Searingshotz(F) -vs- Wartusks(W)
    Camazotz -vs- Trigriz(W)
    Momswiz(F) -vs- Gimpazio(W)

Round 2 :
    Southernmonk -vs- Xrdam(W)
    Wartusks -vs- Trigriz(W)
    Gimpazio(W) -vs- Acidzap

Round 3 :
    Xrdam(W) -vs- Gimpazio
    Trigriz -vs- Gimpazio(X,W)

Round 4 : Championship Fight
    Xrdam(W) -vs- Gimpazio

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

6-years later and the QwijyLack Friday Night Fights finally has a successor!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Hey Sto, I'm so sorry I didn't make it, My mom had other plans -_-

-Momswiz
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azmedian View Post
    This is a 1 on 1 PvP fighting league
    No it isn't and no one said you should "run a Congo Bowl"... people referenced that event because someone actually took the time to put more than 5 minutes thought into it, so it was an actual "fun" event. As usual, it is useless to offer you feedback on your get-rich-slowly-in-the-harbor events, so I will simply wish you luck with your "pvp fighting league". Cheers.
    Last edited by Dribble; 03-31-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu
    Dear Delt,

No reach around references.

Oh look, a "who can use Siren Song faster" competition.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Default See Sto or Mail Entrance Fee

If you mail in your entrance fee 25,000 PP by friday April 5th 12 midnight you will recieve a seat in the tournament. Sto

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Oh look, a "who can use Siren Song faster" competition.
    Yea, pvp sucks nowadays.... fury + manyshot, irresistable songs, annoying high damage spells. Balance was always an issue, but now it's gone completely and it has become a "click fastest to win" contest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast