Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Red face Xanendor's DDO Master Experience Planner

Original post modified Friday, April 5, 2013.

Nine days ago I began working on a new tool to help plan out your character's life. It's called Xanendor's Experience Planner. It's a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (with no macros and scripts btw) built using Microsoft Office 2007 Excel.

Just like we have Ron's Character Planner to help plan out each level of our character's life, and also the online Enhancement Planner; Xanendor's Experience Planner is a spreadsheet to help plan out your character's experience needs.

With Xanendor's Experience Planner you will be better equipped to know ahead of time what quests will give the most experience, bonuses and penalties. After spending a few minutes telling the spreadsheet what dungeons you want to do, what difficulty to do them in, and how many times you want to run each dungeon -- you can then look through the columns and it will show you at a glance instantly what each quest offers.

This is a tool that I hope will help you plan out your character's leveling needs. Whether you are on your character's first life, or your character is on his 3rd life or more via TR, this planner can help you pick and choose what dungeons to do and which ones to skip.

You can plan out a few dungeon runs for your Saturday play session or you can plan out your entire level 1 to 20 life (no matter what life you are on) in one fell swoop. The planner will track how much experience each quest gives you when completed. You can for example, skip this really difficult quest XYZ on elite and do three runs of ABC on hard and see immediately how the experience differs.

Xanendor's Experience Planner should be a useful toolkit for anyone whether you're a first-lifer or a TR. This will probably be great for those who like to min/max their TR dungeon runs (# times vs difficulty vs choice of quest) and you may even be able to shave a few hours or more off your completion time.

I await your comments and look forward to hearing how this has helped you, if at all.

You can always get the latest copy of this planner from my signature.

Thanks in advance and I hope you enjoy Xanendor's Experience Planner.

~~ Xanendor

EDIT: (April 12, 2013) - The first several posts I made in this thread when I started this project didn't have any signatures.
    EDIT: (May 14, 2013) - A lot of the posts I made in this thread was from when I was in the process of building version one and some from version two. Version three is the final and last version I will ever do so as far as I am concerned nearly every post I previously wrote aren't worth reading any more.

The only posts worth reading that I made is this original post here and four other ones:

Post 53 -- Post 87 -- Post 101 -- and lastly Post 102

5 posts to read is heck of a lot better than 102 ehh? rofl
    Last edited by Xanendor; 05-15-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Total re-write, tons shorter! yay! rofl

Default reserved

Post deleted, no longer relevant.
    Last edited by Xanendor; 05-14-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Default reserved 2

Last edited by Xanendor; 05-14-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Addendum

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Thumbs up

This really has potential if you want to plan a fast & efficient TR-life.

So as a german i support this. Keep up the idea!
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

I like this idea quite a bit.

I typically don't hone my lives down to this level of specifics because it tends to rob the free flow feel of questing, and I never know when guildies will want to run this or the other, or there is a fun looking pug up..

But this has some pretty good potential. Keep up the great work, and I hope you get the feedback you are looking for to make this dream of yours become a reality!

+1 to you, OP. Great start on your DDO crunching!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

This is a neat idea.

Heres a ton of xp information to start ya off
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Experience_points
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

i like this.

the quests i like running aren't neccissarily the best xp quests so this would help me get a better plan of attack.

keep it up

i pledge +1 virtual nothings to kickstarter for this project.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Xanendor View Post
    I locked every part of the sample worksheet except for the gold column where you enter C N H or E. This is the part I want you to see and play with. This is the part I want you to say. "Oh hey yeah, this may actually be what I need to fine tune my TR runs by planning ahead; I can skip this dungeon and take three hard runs of this other one instead and I can see immediately how the XP differs in the worksheet! Way to go Xanendor!" rofl Something like that, haha.

To get started playing around with this all you need to do is open it and select the 11 columns in gold background and delete all the pre-filled "E H N" etc. Just select all the letters in those columns and hit the delete button. Now you can enter your own "plan" for the quests and check the top right of worksheet to see your status.
    I looked at it briefly for now. As far as I can tell you do not have the formula for xp decay due to repetitions coded in yet which makes planning on multiple runs not very accurate/useful yet. I don't generally farm quests so I don't have a good explanation of how it works but I'm sure someone can help out.

Last edited by Xanendor; 05-14-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    This is a neat idea.

Heres a ton of xp information to start ya off
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Experience_points
    This contains almost all the Information you need.

For easier use, here are the Bonus xp values of different items:

Voice of the Master / Mantle of the Worldshaper: 5%
    Airship Experience Shrine: 1 to 5% depending on your guild Level
    Lesser Tome of Learning: 25% First time running a quest, 10% permanent Bonus
    Greater Tome of Learning: 50% First time running a quest, 20% permanent Bonus
    Experience Elixiers: 10%, 20%, 30% or 50%

All of These stack with each other.

emmmm i would suggest you to abandon the idea and enjoy the game!! lol

every quest has some modifiers as you know, reentries, deads, traps, breakables and kills(or no kills XD)

trying to have aaaaaall this in 1 formula is impossible, well not, you can say "do certain quest perfect runs" that's with all the traps, breakables and kill bonus..but!! some bonus are only achievable at elite(more mobs), other quests don't have traps, or the "last 5 breakables to hit ransack are doing that opt"

and then, after all this, would become the most painful part xDDD the xp/min!! you can have an idea approx of the completion time of a quest, most times it's zerging, that means sometimes w/o opts or some bonus (not conquest but onslaught, etc)

i think it's better not to plan that much, and enjoy the game! and the "what are we gonna do today?"

planning everything only works if you have a tr group/mate, and in this case you'll do certain quests because the xp/min, favor or whatever, mostly based in experience, don't allow an excel to decide what are you gonna do!! XDD
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Arrow Updated Planner

Xanendor's Experience Planner
    Official Thread -- Original Post -- Final Post
    Download - Version Three - Final - The One to rule them all!

Smile Another update - version 1.033013.9

Here's something else I haven't seen in any other discussions of XP planning - there's widely ignored XP that REALLY adds up when you consider it (AND assuming you don't care about zerging).

I'd recommend making sure you add the optional XP the appropriate amount of times...

My example is Delera's 2 - or for those that don't have it and want to see what I am talking about - Stromvauld's Mine.

In quests like these, the optionals give additional XP; and most write-ups discussing what the estimated total will be properly counts this optional xp toward the final total.

What I've seen ignored a LOT in forum posts is the optionals giving you the XP _while you are still in the quest_. You actually get the optional XP _twice_ on a run.

Couple lives ago, I started pseudo-farming a couple of the quests to determine if it was worth doing so. Tear of Dhakan is another example (though not good XP/min-wise due to the size of the place) - for each tear on EH with BB in effect (I can't open elite first time on this character), I got ~500 XP. There's 3k for a low-level, which is sizeable. If I get all 6, that's an additional 2-3k. I don't have to finish the quest, I can exit out and do that numerous times, since completion counter doesn't increment. Add in the red-names, and there's ~7-8k farmable if you finish out prior to quest completion.

What I don't know is if repetition penalties (for the optionals) ever kick in if you don't complete. I can't stand the repetition, so in my testing, I haven't tried running without completion more than twice.
    Last edited by fco-karatekid; 03-31-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: fixed last sentence.

Default New update.

Very ambitious project, good luck with it!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Control panel: percent bonus field is locked

can't unprotect because there is a password.

Excellent work on this so far, Xan!
    Looking good.
    I am enjoying playing around with this very much.
    Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to future versions.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by thx.janus View Post
    This contains almost all the Information you need.

For easier use, here are the Bonus xp values of different items:

Voice of the Master / Mantle of the Worldshaper: 5%
    Airship Experience Shrine: 1 to 5% depending on your guild Level
    Lesser Tome of Learning: 25% First time running a quest, 10% permanent Bonus
    Greater Tome of Learning: 50% First time running a quest, 20% permanent Bonus
    Experience Elixiers: 10%, 20%, 30% or 50%

All of These stack with each other.

FYI...I don't think Voice of the Master / Mantle of the Worldshaper stack with each other.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast