Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    I've never had to login to download from them before. I'll checkout what is up later. Meanwhile here is a link from my home server:

DDO_Guild_Roster.zip

Enjoy it while you can.

edit: I just checked and will be no longer be using this service.
    thanks for the new link. Got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

For those who are interested before the plug is pulled. This was a little tool I had put together to get an idea what was going on in my guild.

DDO_Guild_Roster.zip

I was planning on a formal release but it looks like it will be useless soon. Feel free to grab it and use it while it works.
    You see Turbine? This is exactly why scrapping the API is a lousy move.

+1 for a great looking tool that will never really get to be fully appreciated by the community.
    Morgulion Romenion Zandrine Zeldaryne The Order of Cygnus Sarlona
    Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2
    There are no bugs in this game, only unintended features.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    The fact that this thread has only reached 10 pages in 3 days when announcements in past years about coming changes that were far less upsetting have routinely balooned to dozens of pages in less than a day says a lot about how far these forums have fallen.
    Because people may have lost faith that an outcry would even have the slightest impact. On the other hand a lot of old players may have already gone and nobody remember anymore the wall or last forum hack. Needless to say that also a lot of players seem very unconcerned in having their billing data associated with a public account...

I know Turbine run a business and they have to make money, so they try to shutdown unprofitable stuff and add stuff that may bring more money. On the other hand what they seem to neglect is that they start making DDO in a game that looks like a clone of all the others, without personal charm and identity and if it is so you can replace it with anything else out there.

So when do we get pony's, rainbow swords and fluffy pink pet's to cuddle?

attention, this post may contain some sarcasm/ironic
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Well I went to the lotro forums to take a peek of anything that has changed.

They finally fixed some popup issues. Good.

Lotro forums still load 3 times SLOWER than current DDO forums. bad.

Lotro seems to use Abine and FetchBack for ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Then delete you account now. Its going to happen whether you want it to or not.

Complaining is just wasting breath. This is Turbine.
    Thats what some people said when Blizzard tried this same move whit the RealID fiasco.

YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council

For those who are interested before the plug is pulled. This was a little tool I had put together to get an idea what was going on in my guild.

DDO_Guild_Roster.zip

I was planning on a formal release but it looks like it will be useless soon. Feel free to grab it and use it while it works.

edit: Replaced the link with one that does not require login.
    That's a good looking tool Phoenix... I actually have something similar that I was working on for Android... It's no where close to being available for public release yet, though... So it's just going to be put in the archive until either Android disappears or an API get released again...

Greensteel Planner, ToD Ring Planner, Server Status, Monster Manual Reference
    I was a Mournlander
    Silas_O'Reilly is now known as Ague in the forums!!

Seems to not like my guild name. Maybe it's not handling the apostrophe?
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

any tool that allows you to look up someone elses build, even in a guild roster, is still bad idea. people have no reason to look at my build, even if its the guild leader. many people use it for the wrong reasons and I remember what it was like when this was first possible with MyDDO. there was a lot of unnecessary griefing and kicks regardless of how easy the quest was and how well put together the group was. I don't have a problem with someone looking up their alt or maybe work it out to get permission from the person first before being able to look up their build, but this is why im glad MyDDO is going away.

You do have a good point, but I don't think that solving that problem is a justification for taking away this great resource. It's throwing out the baby with the bathwater. If there's an issue with griefing, it can be solved some other way. So no, I'm still not happy about myDDO going away, even if it does solve the fringe griefing cases.

I don't know what the technical issues are with the API, but I totally understand ditching the Wordpress and ancient VBulletin, which are so out of date that they can't be secure.

I assume that updating the forums will include security updates and heightened security measures.

I hope that the new version of the forum will include more mobile options, possibly polls and other requested features. Simplifying is good, building better options is great.

I would fervently hope that while they are making needed (if somewhat painful) changes that they are planning for better community tools and maybe we'll see a new API before long.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

Default .

Well Turbine - all that hard work getting a targetted percentage of people to add cards to their account, all that marketing and freebie stuff in the store to get us to add cards to our account:

And all for catering to that all important impulse purchase.

I'd say it was a kick in the nuts to read your post - but the more I read it, the more I feel like I should be expressing my condolences to you for kicking yourself in your own.

Just. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Seems to not like my guild name. Maybe it's not handling the apostrophe?
    I didn't even know they allowed punctuation in guild names. I've updated the program to URL encode the guild name and now MPFC of Thelanis will load.

Community Member

DDO_Guild_Roster.zip

edit: Replaced the link with one that does not require login.
    tried it, unfortunately it was unable to load my guild info :/
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Not too worried about any of this and have to say that it is well overdue for a refit, but please don't get rid of the lotteries. The new in game 'dice' is garbage and you don't get anything useful - I've rolled on two accounts every day since they came out and never gotten anything better than kobold prayer beads on the silver and I'm not about to waste real money for gold draws when they will likely also just come back with useless shyte. Also not everyone wants to use "social media" so won't be logging on to facesplat or anything to go into draws. The lotteries, while extremely buggie, slow and cumbersome, have at least given plenty of good rewards out on a regular basis. Do all the rest, but please keep the lotteries.

And for those naysayers who are wailing by the use of account logins you should note that LOTRO have been doing it for ages without any issues so stop stressing.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bakalakadaka View Post
    And for those naysayers who are wailing by the use of account logins you should note that LOTRO have been doing it for ages without any issues so stop stressing.
    Sorry, after the travesties of Offerwall and the hacking of the LOTRO forums, I do not feel safe about this new change.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    tried it, unfortunately it was unable to load my guild info :/
    You may want to redownload it as I updated it to URL encode the guild names.

Community Member

You may want to redownload it as I updated it to URL encode the guild names.
    tried that, still no go. everytime I try to load a guild with more than a handful of toons, I get an loading error. maybe its a setting on my end, who knows.

Sad thing is its not worth trying to figure out because as you stated It will die when myddo dies.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    tried that, still no go. everytime I try to load a guild with more than a handful of toons, I get an loading error. maybe its a setting on my end, who knows.

Sad thing is its not worth trying to figure out because as you stated It will die when myddo dies.
    Yeah if the server load is high enough it won't load all the data on large guilds. I've successfully loaded 1000 player guilds in early testing but it was time of day dependent. I can up the timeout on the socket control but that just makes it less responsive for most of the 100 or less guilds out there.

Personally I am hoping that this will allow them to create a new more functional API down the road. If that happens I'll revisit.

Default a few concerns

So myddo is going away, along with it the API that many apps, I enjoy, use. Biggest use is to tell when I am off raid timers.

So, Jerry you have tested this lack of my ddo on the test server? Are we going to test it on Lamannia? Will we still be able to check our timers in game?

How about info on challenges, currently on the compendium? Where will the info on what you need to do to get stars be posted?

Can we please have a more precise ETA than "in april" for these grave changes?

I don't like these, and I'm wondering how much time I have left to salvage my blogs and remove my credit card data.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast