This april we will be making several big changes and updates to the DDO community websites ahead of the Expansion. In preparation for the changes, please review the following important details regarding each of the website components:
The forums are going to be upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin. After the upgrade, you will use your DDO game login credentials to log into the forums, and your current forum name will become your display nickname. You will retain all of your existing posting history, reputation, etc. If you're new to the forums, you'll be able to select a display nickname the first time you log into the forums with your game credentials. Other notable changes include:
- The forum styling/appearance will be updated.
- We will be adding a new forum home page that includes forum category navigation and feeds of recent turbine announcements/recent player discussions.
- We will also be opening individual class forums again.
- The reputation system will be revamped to allow only positive reputation to be issued.
- Our bug reporting system is being revamped. Soon you will no longer need a forum login in order to submit bug reports, and we will be able to process bug reports more quickly. We will update the bug reporting links as soon as the new system is available. Please continue to use the existing bug reporting tool until the new one is in place, as we are still reviewing bugs submitted through it.
The DDO Compendium will be discontinued. We will be migrating official guides to the updated DDO.com website. Users with guides or guild pages in the Compendium should migrate their content to another location, such as the guides or recruitment forums.
Several MyDDO components will be moving to DDO.com or retiring. Details are as follows:
- The current player blog functionality will be discontinued. We are investigating ways of bringing blogging to players in the community site, but in the meantime existing player blogs can be exported for use at a later time. Exporting your blog will create an XML file containing all your blog entries, comments, and images, which can be imported into a variety of blogging platforms. For a guide to how to export your blog, click here!
- Character and guild leaderboards will be discontinued. The existing API will continue to operate after April 24th, though there may be periodic interruptions of service.
- The lottery system will also be discontinued. We will be focusing on giving prizes via other mediums such as forum and social media giveaways.
- The Character Copy tool is being revamped and migrated to DDO.com. Stay tuned for announcements once this feature is available at its new URL.
- The DDO referral system is being revamped and migrated to DDO.com. Please note that if you currently have active referrals, you will continue to accrue bonus points from your existing referrals, but you will be unable to redeem bonus points from your referral wallet or add new referrals until the new front-end of the referral system is launched on DDO.com. Stay tuned for announcements once the new URL is available.
Thanks for your patience as we work on the websites! We will bring more information and announcements as they are available.